I'm Sorry for Taking So Long

For You, I'm Willing to Do Anything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV:

When Key walked past Eun Mi's table in class, he placed a small post-it note onto her table. He did it nonchalantly, as though the note was not supposed to be there and that he was unaware of it. At that moment, Eun Mi had her head rested on the table and was trying to catch some sleep. Being a light sleeper, she heard the sounds and woke up. Key got a little shocked and tried to act as though he was merely walking past her table. Seeing Key so close to her, Eun Mi can't help but still feel a little nervous. It has already been a year plus since she fell in love with Key but he never fails to make her feel at lost whenever he is close by.

 

They were close friends in the past, not to the extent where they would share their secrets with one another but they texted each other every night in the past. Now, they don't even talk. Ever since the rest of class knew of Eun Mi's crush on Key and started making fun of them. From then on, they grew apart and started ignoring each other, on purpose. What a joke it was, Eun Mi the weird plain girl wanting to date the superstar dancer Kim Ki Bum. But the jokes didn't end like this. Despite the ignorance, people continued to make fun of them, Eun Mi especially. No matter how she tried to distance herself and tried to clarify matters, the joking went on.

 

So, it was weird for Eun Mi when Key slipped a note to her out of the blue. On the note, it was written, "Meet me at the garden at 4pm, K" with a smiley. At first, Eun Mi thought the note was from someone else in the class or even maybe another joke the guys were making. But the smiley confirmed that it was Ki Bum. She could recognise it at first glance. Reading the note, Eun Mi's spirits were lifted but still she felt uneasy. "Why would he want to meet her all of a sudden?" She thought. The teacher came in and she chucked the note into her pocket.

 

The day went on. Lesson after lesson, everyone was exhausted. At last, school ended at 2pm. Since they ended earlier than usual, Eun Mi's friends suggested that they go for lunch together. Eun Mi agreed. They went to the shopping mall nearby to have their lunch and chatted for a long time as usual. All of a sudden, it began to rain. Heavily. Seeing that the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon, the gang of friends went on to go window shopping.

 

Meanwhile, the time slowly ticked closer to 4pm. Key went to the garden he suggested to meet Eun Mi. It was at the back of the school, a rather quiet place where no one usually goes to. The arranged time came and went by. "She might just be late," Key thought. An hour passed and still Eun Mi had not appear. "She might have forgotten about it..." Key mumbled to himself. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it started to pour. Afraid that Eun Mi would come by, Key dared not leave. Thus, he stood there in the rain waiting for the girl that would not appear.

 

It was already 7pm when the rain finally stopped. Eun Mi bid farewell to her friends and went home. It was only when she reached home then she remembered that Key wanted to meet her at the garden. "But then again, why would he do so? It must be a joke." Eun Mi thought to herself and threw the post-it away. Little did she know that the guy had waited for her in the pouring rain.

 

The next day, Key didn't go to school as he fell sick after staying in the rain for three hours straight. He wanted to go to school to find Eun Mi but he was just too weak to do so. He couldn't even go to the canteen for breakfast. His roommate had to bring food up for him. "Bum ah, I'll go. Rest well." Jonghyun, Ki Bum's roommate, said as he left for school. He shook his head on his way out, still wondering why his dear friend came back to the dorm completely drenched. When Key woke up again, it was already 3pm in the afternoon and lessons for that day had ended. Feeling better, he got changed and went to school, hoping to be able to find Eun Mi.

 

Meanwhile, Eun Mi was at the garden. It was her favourite spot in the school since it was secluded. She sat down by the wall and tears started rolling down her cheeks. She had just gotten back her results and they were bad. Utterly. To others, it may be good enough. But to her, she had put in so much effort and all she could do was study so such results were devastating. To add on, she had been ridiculed by the popular girls in school again. Key texted Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter