Chapter I

My Spring Days

Chapter I


Yoong?” Eunhee nudged her daughter.

Yoona opened her eyes and stared at her mother.

“Nae, omma?” she inquired, scratching them.

Eunhee smiled at her cuteness.

“We’ve arrived, honey” she informed, caressing her left cheek.

Yoona exclaimed, sitting properly.

“This fast?” she looked around her, noticing that almost anyone was inside the plane.

“We are here since five minutes ago. I didn’t wake you up because your father asked me to wait until he was back” she explained.

“And where is appa?” Yoona turned at her curiously.

Eunhee chuckled with her concern.

“He went to talk to the pilot about the helicopter that will take us back to home, when your treatment is over” she spoke, curling the daughter’s straight brown hair.

Yoona nodded, grabbing her bag.

“I didn’t know it would be this quick, omma” she commented, clearly relieved.

“We will have the best doctors of South Korea taking care of you, honey. You will be fine soon, I promise” she swore.

Yoona smiled, resting her head on her shoulder.

“I hope so, omma. I can’t wait to go back to college” she sighed, closing her eyelids softly.

Eunhee did the same.

“You will, my princess, and you will become the greatest pediatrician ever” she assured, her voice filled with pride.

Before the daughter could say something, the father arrived.

“Look who is awake!” Daeho exclaimed, opening his arms.

Yoona laughed, taking her seatbelt off and standing up. She walked towards him and he pulled her into a warm hug, exactly how she liked.

“Everything ready?” Eunhee asked, following the youngest movements.

Daeho nodded, taking Yoona’s pillow.

“The cab is outside” he informed, while the three walked to the exit.

They bowed at air hostess and continued their path, until they arrived at the vehicle.

The driver greeted them and grabbed their luggage, saving in on the trunk. Mrs. and Ms. Im entered on the back seats, while the Mr. went to the passenger’s one.

“To where, sir?” the chauffeur inquired.

Daeho extended at him a piece of paper with an address. The other nodded, pulling the gear.

While they were being headed towards their new home, Yoona tried to capture every single detail about Seoul. She analyzed the city with full attention, and her expressions changed with the different places. She was a very curious girl, and her brain worked as a pen-drive, saving all the images around her.

“We are here!” Daeho yelled excitedly when the car stopped.

Eunhee opened her door, stepping out. Yoona followed her, with her jaw touching the floor. The white house in front of her was giant. It had a garden and a lot of trees, and, in the back, there was a beautiful lake.

“It’s better than we saw on the picture” the wife commented, unlocking the gates.

The husband agreed.

“I don’t think we will want to leave when the treatment is over” he teased, holding his daughter’s hand.

Yoona chuckled, pulling her bag closer.

“This is really amazing, appa” she complimented, glancing at everything.

He smiled seeing that he satisfied her.

The family didn’t hesitate in checking out the inside; they were too focused on the amazing view of the natural ambient.

“Can we swim on the lake?” Eunhee asked funnily.

“I think so” Daeho replied on the same tone.

“Appa, you shouldn’t allow omma to do that” Yoona spoke, grabbing her parents’ attention.

“Why not, Yoong?” Mrs. Im furrowed her eyebrows.

Mr. Im copied her gest.

“Because there will be a lot of men staring at her body if she wears a bikini. Do you want it to happen?” she joked, putting her hands on the hips.

The Im’s weren’t very used to go to public places like that. Since they found out about the youngest’s illness, two years ago, they began to give it their whole attention.

Daeho putted his best thinking face on, scratching his chin smartly.

“You are right” he answered “I won’t let other males desire my wife like that!” he exclaimed.

Eunhee turned at him with the both eyes widened.

“What? Come on! This pabo is teasing you!” she protested, pointing at Yoona.

The daughter laughed at her reaction, and so did the father.

“Calm down, omma” Yoona chuckled, crossing her arm with hers “We are just joking” she informed.

Eunhee grinned, feeling relieved. Even if those games were common between them, she knew how jealous her husband could be, so she would never doubt the things he could do.

The three climbed the stairs and stopped right in front of the entrance. Daeho stepped forward, opening the wooden door. They smiled when the object wasn’t blocking their vision anymore.

“Wow” Yoona mumbled, looking around “It’s so… Wonderful” she commented, smiling slightly.

“I agree” her mother added, having the same kind of reaction as her.

“I am glad you’ve liked it” Daeho smiled at them.

“Like isn’t enough, appa” Yoona turned at him “Thank you so much for this place” she hugged him tightly.

He caressed the back of her head, kissing her cheek.

“Your room is the last one in the corridor, at the second floor” he informed, letting go of her.

She bit her lower lip, feeling excitement on her veins.

“I will be right back” she bowed before storming out of there.

It took some seconds until she was finally on her destiny.

The accommodation was huge, just like the rest of the house. The walls were a clear tone of violet and the ground was made of wood. The whole ambient was surrounded by windows, exactly like the girl wanted. The furniture was very simple, formed by a bed, a couch, a table and a shelf, filled with books of different genders. Yoona wasn’t the kind of person who liked to surf on the internet or watch television; she had a deep love for the lecture, and, if she had something to read, it would be enough for her. To finish, there was the bathroom, matching perfectly with the bedroom.

She walked towards the bed and sat down on it. She opened her bag and took a notebook out of there, flipping it’s page until she found the one she wanted. Unconsciously, she smiled.

She grabbed a pen and wrote something on the sleeve.

“Move from Jeju” she spoke out loud “Done” she putted a check symbol in front of the phrase.

She raised the object until it was in front of her chest and closed her eyes. She stood in silence for a while, until came to move again.

“Thank you, God, for making another wish come true” she whispered gratefully.

And, for some reason, after saying that, she felt something inside her heart. More miracles were about to happen, and she knew it.

Oh, how she knew