Exclusive [end]

Exclusive

“Dude, all I’m asking is why the hell are you guys still dating after all these years?” Yoongi slurred, taking another gulp of the soju bottle in his right hand, the other was draped around Jimin’s shoulder who shook his head at the man across from them. Hoseok, the man under drunk induced questioning, looked around desperately for his lover to come back from the longest trip to the bathroom in history; he was being interrogated once again by their friends about their seemingly confusing relationship.

 

Just an hour earlier he was at home, cuddling with Taehyung on the couch of his apartment, watching some variety show when the doorbell had announced the arrival of their friends who then proceeded to drag them out to one of the hottest gay clubs in Seoul. He had already regretted coming along when they’d both been approached 3 times before he got to their seats.

“And all I’m asking is why aren’t you minding your own business?” Hoseok was getting tired of this question; why couldn’t they just let him and Taehyung go at his own pace?

It was almost 2 years when Hoseok had finally asked Taehyung for a date and since then, things have been going pretty smoothly between them. The concern that his friends had for the two of them was that Hoseok didn’t officially ask the younger boy to be his boyfriend. And it wasn’t because he had commitment issues—he can’t imagine any other guy giving him the same butterflies that Taehyung does… He didn’t really know what was stopping him, to be honest.

“Hyung,” Jimin started, making Hoseok groan, he already knew that he was going to bite himself in the for what this kid had to say, “have you ever even asked Taehyung how he felt about this? What if he wants to settle down after you finish college?”

“Taehyung isn’t the type to naturally voice out his feelings; you know that blank face he loves to do all the time.” Hoseok complained, taking a swig of his own drink. He began to drum his fingers on the table, impatient and ready to leave. Though, Jimin did have a point, this sort of topic never really came up between the two of them—other things, but certainly not this.

 “Hoseok hyung—think about it. Being in a relationship makes things exclusive—!”

He gave Jimin a sharp glare, “What’s so special about exclusivity?”

“It’s what makes a relationship, idiot—!” Yoongi cut in.

“Is not—!”

“Is too!”

“So, assuming that relationships means being exclusive and, you both aren’t in a relationship.” Jimin paused, tapping his chin thoughtfully and gave Hoseok an annoying grin, “it means Taehyung can still see other people.”

Hoseok stilled, narrowing his eyes at Jimin heatedly, “No. No it doesn’t.”

“But you guys are technically still dating—not in a relationship which means he can see other gu—“

 “I don’t want to hear this,” Hoseok dismissed, waving his hand fleetingly as he rests his elbow on the table, looking anywhere but the guys in front of him. He didn't want to admit that the two had a point and that because they weren't in a relationship; Hoseok didn't really have the right to get mad if Taehyung were to talk to other guys. But still the thought of some other man holding and touching Taehyung; making the younger into a mess when they had -- anyone doing the things to Taehyung the way he does made him grip the glass a bit too tight.

“You don’t have to,” Yoongi smirked, his nose wrinkling at the bridge in amusement when he looks towards the bar—the other two follow his eyes. At the front of the bar, there was Taehyung and a slightly taller man talking to him with a gentle smile; Hoseok watched as the stranger reached over to ruffle the younger boys’ head.

His fingers twitched.

He took deep and steady breaths to push down the uneasy feeling in his chest when he saw Taehyung and the stranger make their way towards their table. Hoseok eyed the stranger, begrudgingly admitting that the new face was undoubtedly handsome. As they came up to the table, Hoseok could already feel elders' amused glances set in his direction.

“Welcome back Taehyung, took you long enough—what were you doing, writing a book?” Yoongi joked, dangling his bottle in his hand lazily, darting his eyes between the “couple” and the new face. He bellowed a lazy chuckle under his breath and took another drink of his bottle, tilting the bottom up and raised a brow at Hoseok.

“Or mingling?” Jimin quickly looked away, trying to hide his from the man across from him; almost feeling his glare on his skin. 

“Hey, sorry about that!” Taehyung sheepishly looked down, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. “I didn’t think I would take that long, but look who I just bumped into! This is an old high school friend of mine, Kim Seokjin.”

“Nice to meet you guys, you can call me Jin.”

Like I give two s, Hoseok thought before he could stop himself. Rude, or not, I really don't.

“I bumped into him when I came out the bathroom; we were just catching up for a little bit.” Everyone at the table nodded their heads in understanding, except one who kept his eyes locked on the drink in his hand with the other tapping impatiently on the table. After a few moments of silence, awkwardness clouded everyone at the table.

“So Tae-ah, I don’t want to take you from your friends—uh are we good for this Saturday?” Jin asked nervously, his hands rubbing the back of his neck lightly; his gaze shifting around the group nervously, avoiding on particular pair hostile eyes.

“What about Satruday?” Jimin asked, genuinely interested as he leaned forward on the table, throwing a playful grin at the two standing.

Unaware of the current situation, Taehyung just nods, smiling happily with a pat to Jin’s back, “Just a lunch date—“

“A date, huh?” Yoongi pursed his lips, trying his best to keep from laughing too hard at the man in front of him.

“No not a date, date.” Jin reassured, slipping his hands into his front denim pockets. "Like a get-together kind of date."

“But it still has date in it, right?” Yoongi cut in once again. His lip twitched into a smirk when Hoseok finally slammed his hand on the table, standing up from his seat and reached over to pull Taehyung into the seat next to him, not missing to glare at Jin in the process. After making sure that Taehyung was seated next to the window, he dusted his pants a bit and smiled innocently at Jin.

“Shame on you, Kim Taehyung,” he started gravely, extending his hand towards Jin. “Not introducing your boyfriend to an old friend.”

The younger boy blinked, tilting his head to look up at the male, "Boyfriend?"

"Yeah," Hoseok nodded, glancing down at the boy once then at the man standing in front of them. "Boyfriend."


heh. vhope.