Episode | One

Endless Love | Episode One

Friendship. 

It was one of those words that I learned to take for granted. Like Love. Happiness

Things like these I've grown accustomed to not pay attention to. Why? Because I've lost trust in those things. Now, many people may think I'm being one of those typical girls that say they don't believe in love but then fall hard in love later on; because telling you right now, I will. Fall in love.

I don't even know why they told me to write these things down right now anyway. I find it quite amusing to be honest.

Here I am in the middle of a country that seems so foreign to me. In the middle of a place surrounded with wonderful wildlife, scarce scenary and beautiful butterflies and birds chriping away melodious songs. From where I was laying, soft green grass tickling my bare elbows and knees, the blue and clear sky looking down on me with such peace. From where I was looking, a blank piece of paper resembling my blank mind. From where I was listening, a melody was emitting from somewhere. A piano accompanied by an acoustic guitar. A harp. A violin. Happiness was oozing from every corner and every living thing around me. Around me. Meaning not me. Here I was writing to my heart's content.

They told me write everything. Every little detail and every little piece of information. 

They did. Who's they? I honestly don't know myself. They. As in my heart, my soul, my every little part. Yeah, sounds cliché but it's the truth. I don't have the luxury of people, human beings, telling me things. Not since he did. Not since everything changed because of him. Not since his name turned into 'he who shall not be named'. 

Because I couldn't. Couldn't what? I just couldn't bring myself to remember anything about him. Ironic really. Because my mind is full of him. But my heart refused let me remember anything because it hurt too much. Or was it the mind that won't let me? I don't know. All I know is that my heart is very deceitful. Can't trust it these days. 

This is kind of funny. It feels like I'm asking questions and answering them simultaneously. Funny. How I'm playing a game. With myself and I just seem to never win.

As I lay here in this green, soft pasture, memories rush in like a flood. 

Happy, blissful ones.

"..." Silnce. Followed by a whine. From her.

"I'm sorry." A grunt. From him. Again.

A young 15 year old Hana sat against the wall with her arms up high and her legs b with pain. Her face was scrunched up in agony, which the boy next to found adorable. That boy was in the same position as her, hands up, back against the cold wall or the corridors and his legs almost losing strength. Almost. As a soccer and basketball player and a dancer, of course he wouldn't feel the pain that early like she did. He had already gone through so much pain. 

It was the beginning of a new school year for both teenagers. Still freshmen and completely strangers to each other. No, they were not childhood friends nor where they enemies nor were they friends. Just acquaintances. Just strangers. Yet on this cold, cold winter day of July, immense heat was all they felt. She had been early to school that day and had everything under control. Meanwhile, he was running late. As always. 

She was walking peacefully, despite the heavy bag and folders and books she was carrying which were almost blocking her eyesight. Meanwhile, he was running late again. Literally running. He was running real fast that once he turned a sharp corner, he didn't even notice the petite girl with the straight, long black hair dangling way past her shoulders. And as you have guessed, he ran straight into her. The girl twirled around in a ballet-like fashion while he skidded to a messy halt. 

And just in time, one of the teachers, Professor Lee (as she'd like to be called) caught those two and immediately thought they were playing around. And this is why they ended up with their backs and arms against the cold walls of the corridor while squatting painfully. 

An ironic first meeting. Mixed of confusion, funniness, annoyance, anger and funnily enough, happiness. Their first meeting was quite something. Both simulataneously ending up in detention on the first day. They were polar opposites. Complete opposites. Yet both so alike. Maybe that's why they were attracted to each other. Maybe that's why they also clashed with each other. She was the smart, happy, outgoing girl, the one that everyone went to for advice although she's never had her own real experiences. He was the smart, happy, outgoing guy, the one that everyone relied on for sport, dance and for girls. 

That day together was filled with laughter and cries of pain as the two happily talked about their daily lives and the subjects they were taking. They talked and laughed as if they were old friends. For every question, the answers were filled with sweet chatter. Not much awkwardness. And when they didn't know what to say, they would simply say, "Okay."

Neither asked for each other's name. 

They didn't need to. Because every now and then, he would glance at her school shirt to memorize her name. Song Hana.

The two glanced at each other every now and then to take in each other's appearances. Short. Long, black, straight hair. Big dark eyes. Soft, cute features. Petite frame. - Tall. Tanned. Thick lips. Soft, black, fluffy hair. Sharp facial features. Sharp nose. Sharp jawline. Sharp eyes covered by this fluffy hair.

And every so often she would glance and look at his name plate. Kim Jongin.

Remembering these memories brought a painful pang in my heart.

Beacause these blissful beginnings with him were also the bittersweet beginninings with him. 

The beginning of our Episode One.