Degree Celsius

Life

Degree Celsius

 

April 19th 2012. Somewhere in Seoul, South Korea.

Park Chorong! I like you! Will you be my girlfriend?”

I look at her as tries to catch her breath after running quite a distant to catch up with me. Before I could even reply she slowly took out a promise ring, it's the same ring that caught my eyes when we went on our first date.

Please?” She said as she held out the ring in the box and gave me the dorky smile that I love so much.

“Yes, you pabo!” I said and engulfed her in a hug.

She's really a pabo for running three blocks just to catch up on me, she could have just took the bus.

“Y-ya, Chorong-ah.. I-I can't bre-breathe.” She said as she tried to loosen my hold on her.

I didn't let go, instead I hug her even tighter but she didn't struggle and instead she hugged me back. After what seems like forever, we broke the hug. She slowly took the promise ring and put it on my middle finger. I looked at her curiously as she didn't put it on my ring finger.

“Bbom-ah, why did you wear it on my middle finger?”

“It's because in a few more years time, I will earn enough money to get you a pretty wedding ring! So the ring finger needs to wait alright?” I unconsciously blushed at her cheesy words.

She took out another ring and put it on her middle finger as well.

“There! All done! We are officially a couple!”

She held gently took my hands into her's, “Let's go, Unnie.” She said really as the both of us started walking towards our future.

Looking at her back-view and our intertwined hands, I have never felt so safe, protected and happy before.

 

-
-
 

It was 17°C. The day that she confessed to me, I could still remember it clearly how warm her hands felt as she slowly took it and the lingering of the body heat after the long hug.

It has been 760 days, 18,240 hours, 1,094,400 minutes and 65,664,000 seconds and counting since that day but I am still able to remember it so clearly in my mind.

"Rong unnie!"

I turned around to the source of the voice and there she is, Yoon Bomi, the love of my life. I couldn't help but smile looking at her stumble her way clumsily towards me and almost tripping because of a small rock.

"Aish! Damn this rock!"

I let out a laugh when she scolded the poor rock and kicked it out of her way.

"Stop laughing!"

She pouted slightly at me and slowly took my hands into her's again. I sighed contentedly as I felt her fingers gently lacing through mine. Although the weather now it's not as cold as the first time we held hands but the warmth of her hands never fails to make my heart flutter.

"Bbom-ah, where are we going?"

"It's a secret! You'll know once we are there. Don't worry, I'm not going to sell you away, if I really wanted to I would have done it a long time ago."

"How dare you?!"

I tickled her neck, it's her weak spot causing her to squirm around but still refusing to let go of our intertwined hands.

 
"Okay okay! Stop! I'm sorry~ You know I would never sell you away, pabo."
 
She pulled me closed to her again. This is the feeling I love, the feeling of her body warmth, I wouldn't mind being confined in her warmth even if it's 40 degree celsius out there.
 
"Chorong-ah..."
 
"Dae?"

My heart skipped a beat hearing her call me informally, she seldom does that she only does that when she wants to piss me off but as for this time it doesn't seem that way.. She sounds really serious.

"We will be meeting sungjae and changsub later on right?"

"Yea, is something wrong?"

Sungjae and Changsub are my best friends. We practically grew up together as our moms are really good friends.

We went to the same kindergarten, same elementary school and same high school. We parted recently as we entered colleges where we continue to chase our own dreams.

"Ani, what time will we be meeting them? I need to make sure we won't be late."

"We still have an hour."

"Alright! Let's hurry~"

Bomi held on to my hands tighter and we ran together. I don't know where we are going but looking at the same back-view, the same intertwined hands made me realized being with Bomi is all I ever wanted.

"B-bomi ah..."

I only started feeling how tired I actually was when I tried to talk as I catch my breathe. I look back and we are totally at a different place now.

"Mianhae, Rong unnie for making you run for a good ten minutes but we are reaching soon already! Kaja~"

She pulls me along again. I guess this is the effect she has on me, running for ten minutes and she made it felt like ten seconds. Time indeed pass faster when you're with the person you love.

"Bbom-ah.."

"What's wrong unnie? Do you want to take a rest?"

We stopped running as she turned around and look at me, eyes filled with concern.

"Ani. I-I love you, Bbom-ah."

I felt a blush creep on to my face turning my face red, I didn't know why I said that as well.

"Rong unnie.."

She gently cupped my face, making me look into her dark brown orbs. I can feel my heart rate slowly rising as she stared right back at me.

"I love you too."

She leaned in slowly and pressed her lips gently against mine. It isn't the first time she had kissed me but every time she does it, it never fails to make my heart feels like it exploding into fireworks.

After what seems like forever, we broke the kiss to catch our breath. She smiled at me cutely before engulfing me in a hug.

"In case you didn't notice, we reached." I looked around me but there were nothing but houses and buildings.

"Wha-"

Before I could finish my question Bomi cut me off as she took out some keys and placed the keys on my hands.

"This is now our house. Ms Park Chorong, would you want to live together with your pabomi?"

I was shocked for a moment, but tears of happiness starts to welled up in my eyes because this is the reason she always looks so tired recently and she always falls asleep when we are having a phone call.

"Wae?! Wae?! Wae?! Unnie, why are you crying? You don't want to live with me?"

She wiped away my tears with her thumbs.

"Pabo... Thank you so much."

I threw myself into her embrace hugging her tightly, throwing her slightly off balance causing her stumble a few steps back.

"Omff- Chorong-ah.. I-I can't bre-breathe."

As always I hugged her tighter and she hugged me back.

It was May 18th 2014. Somewhere in Seoul, South Korea. 20°C.

 

----
Sorry that this is very badly written. ;-;
Hope you enjoy this~
I will try my best to write better! ^^
- SunlightLocket