Final.

A Drunk Confession

 

 

"Jinki~" Kibum whined, taking another shot from the bottle of vodka in front of him. "Drink *hic* m-more. We still h-have a long way *hic* to go."

 

 

Jinki sighed at the hiccuping diva in front, mentally noting to keep him away from any alcoholic drinks for awhile (or forever). Because hey, let's face it, Kibum isn't that nice when drunk.

 

Not nice in a different way.

 

If he's a diva when sober, he'll turn into an aegyo-filled, girly man when drunk. He'll tie his hair apple style and sit with his legs sidewards. It took Jinki all of his willpower to stop himself from confessing then and there.

 

Who would even resist the feline-eyed guy anyways?

 

The two of them are bestfriends, Jinki and Kibum. They met each other back when they were in diapers and were inseparable ever since. They've been together through thick and thin and everyone who knew then wonders why the two of them aren't even together as boyfriends.

 

You're his bestfriend. Jinki thinks. That's all you'll ever gonna be so stick with your role.

 

But he was inlove with the guy for who knows how long.

 

"Kim Kibum," he starts, "You're drunk."

 

"No, *hic* I'm not." Kibum slurred. "I'm still s-so... What's that word again? Uhh-"

 

"Sober."

 

"Yes, that. I'm still *hic* sober." He states as a matter of fact.

 

Jinki wouldn't have any of this. Sure it was Saturday tomorrow, which means no classes but he wouldn't want to deal with a y Kibum by morning.

 

"Enough."

 

"You're so *hic* m-mean." Jinki met Kibum's stare, tears welling up from those feline eyes.

 

A punch in the gut for Lee Jinki.

 

"You're so mean. I hate you so much." Tears fell down from his eyes and made Jinki feel mad and upset, at himself.

 

"Oh . I'm sorry." Jinki leaned closer to hold the hyperventilating diva but the latter moved away.

 

"Stay away, you jerk. I hate you so much for making me feel like this. I hate you so much for giving me false hopes that we could be more than this. And most of all... I hate myself for falling for you over and over again." With the end of his confession, Kibum stood up abruptly, running towards the bathroom.

 

Jinki was left frozen at his seat, pondering by himself. Time felt like it stopped and all he hears is his erratic heartbeat.

 

Kibum loves me? The younger's confession shook him awake. He stood up and run towards Kibum, whom he sees puking his insides out.

 

He heard a faint chuckle coming from the latter. "I'm so pathetic, right? Confessing when drunk then vomit afterwards."

 

He rinsed his mouth with water, trying to get rid of the sour taste. "But I'm serious back then, Jinki. If what I feel bothers you, I'll gladly leave first thing in the morning and leave without a trace. You can be assured you will never even see a hint of my shadow ever again."

 

Jinki was still silent and the younger took it as a sign of rejection. He visibly deflated and started to walk away. But a hand on his wrist stopped him.

 

"Don't go." Jinki says softly, making Kibum wonder.

 

"Jinki, didn't you hear what I just said? I love you. What part of it can't you understand? I can't stay when you don't feel the same. It will not do any good for the both of us."

 

He tried to free his wrist from Jinki's hold but it won't budge and he found himself pulled to the older's arms. "Don't go, Kim Kibum. Stay." He buried his face to the crook of Kibum's neck, taking in his scent. "I love you."

 

"Jinki," he started. "If you're just saying this because you're drunk then quit it. Don't go playing with m-"

 

The older pulled away suddenly, much to the younger's surprise.

 

"I'm not drunk! I barely even drink a glass. I know what I said because it's true." He breathes in calming himself.

 

"I love you since who knows how long and it hurts me to see you go and date someone who isn't me. I hate it when you cry because of those guys because they aren't worth your precious tears."

 

He paused for a while. "I love you so much.... It hurts."

 

For the first time in Kim Kibum's life, he witnessed Jinki cried, making him feel restless and panic inside.

 

Lee Jinki is strong.

 

He never cried even though his puppy died back when they were 7. But Jinki crying for Kibum?

 

That's a whole different story.

 

"Ssh~ I'm sorry, Jinki. I didn't know." He hugged the older, hoping it would convey his true feelings. "I'm really sorry."

 

Kibum felt Jinki relaxed in his arms, his cries turn into soft sobs. "I guess we're just a bunch of idiots." Jinki joked.

 

As expected from Jinki, Kibum thought.

 

He tightened his hold to Jinki, wanting to cherish every moment. "I guess we are." He laughed.

 

A pair of arms encircle his waist, Jinki pulling him even closer. "I love you, Kibum."

 

"I love you too, Jinki."

 

They looked at each other's eyes and smiled. They had found each other.

 

Jinki leaned in, trying to close the gap between Kibum and him, but the latter pulled away.

 

"No kissing. I could still taste that sourness lingering in my mouth. It's gross, Jinki."

 

"But I wouldn't want it in any other way." He said smiling.

 

"Oh shut up." And with that, Kibum was the one who initialized their first kiss.

 

It's perfect nonetheless. Everything is.

 

 


 

Sorry I in writing. I should go back to my hole and hide, never to leave again. Bye.

#24YearsOfKey <3