Finale.

The Bigger Picture

It was the last week of school. I had to confess to her before we graduate. I have to, no matter what. The only problem? I have absolutely no experience with girls. This . I mean, I wouldn't be having this problem if I didn't focus on my grades too much! However, I do love getting good grades with a passion. My train of thought gets derailed when the shrill shriek of Kim Ahjung pierces itself into my earlobes.

"GUESS WHO'S BACK?", she screams.

I wince, finding her voice just a bit annoying. If you were to label Kim Ahjung, she would be the gossiper. Everyone around the classroom began to chatter and question. The bell had rang, but the majority of us had our after school activities.

"LENA JUNG IS BACK."

The chatters get louder, and a smile finds itself onto my face. Lena Jung is my best friend, forever. She's pretty popular. Not in a "queenka" way, but in a "everybody's friend" way. She was literally friends with the majority of each class. The juniors, sophomores, even the freshmen. As far as I know, she isn't the type that guys will fall head over heels for. I mean, if you really get to know her, you'll definitely fall in love with her. A handful of people have. She isn't the prettiest, and her figure isn't what you might call perfect. There isn't a thigh gap, but to me, she's perfect. She isn't like every other girl, and I respect that. She is just an extremely friendly person that is very easy to approach. She's respectful, but she has a dark side. If you piss her off, you will be in a world of hurt. I guess, she puts on a smile so much that people forget her actual self, the dark, mysterious, charismatic, "I hate you, don't talk to me" type. This is what I love about her. She isn't a two-face. There are two sides of her that you can bring out. She's a happy person, but she's also an unemotional robot with her own problems. She went on a month long trip with her parents, and she's still able to graduate. Being the exceeding student she was, that probably wasn't a problem for her. She was exactly what I needed at the moment. I see her figure lean against the doorway, her head against the side of the door. Everyone cheers, missing her.

"We missed you!"

Holding up a hand, she motions for them to not get any nearer. Normally, she would ignore me until her basking of glory was over. A smirk plasters itself onto her face, and she looks at me.

"Park Jimin, are you coming or what? I'll leave without you, ya know?"

I grin as I throw my backpack over my shoulder.

"Let's go!"

Of course, she turns around and heads off first. I run after her, chuckling as I do. Wrapping my arms around her, I tackle her into a hug. She complains as she tries to pry me off of her.

"You were gone for a whole month. Is a hug too much too ask for?"

Sighing with a smile, she wraps her arms around his.

"There ya go."

After their reunion, I put an arm around her shoulder like how we always did. Walking down the halls of this school, I smile.

"It's been four long years, Lena."

"I know."

"Will you miss it?"

"I think I will.", she replies.

My smile remains on my face. Remembering my earlier situation, I exclaim out in joy.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm going to confess to Minyoung."

"You are?", she asks.

"Yeah, I am, and I need your help."

Scrunching up her eyebrows, she gives me a confused look.

"Me? Are you serious? I know as little as you know about girls."

"Don't lie. You may not be considered a 'girl', but you're very observant. I know you have an idea of what they like. Also, you have wonderful analysis skills. You can size someone up in an instant. Please? It would mean so much to me."

Flashing my puppy dog eyes, I pout. Pushing my face away, she nods.

"Fine, but you're buying me a whole pizza tomorrow."

"Done! Let's start making our plan!"

I grab her wrist, pulling her away. She laughs as we run together.

It's been a while, Park Jimin.

A day passes by, and my original plan was completely rearranged. I scratch my head as Lena questions my techniques.

"Um, I thought that baby's breath was good!"

She shakes her head. I sigh.

"Roses are safe. Since you don't really know anything about this girl, roses are the way to go. Considering how she isn't allergic, due to the memory of her receiving flowers for the prom, roses are probably the best way to go."

"How do you know?"

"Because I am a girl."

"Not really."

She throws a pillow, hitting me square in the face.

"I'll be happier at home, jackass."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

She smiles in victory.

"So tell me, what do you know about her?"

I think about it for a moment, and suddenly, everything I see starts to get a dreamy tint.

"She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. She's kind and caring. She isn't a . She's smart, scoring as number five. You took second place. I hate you because of that by the way. Everything she does is a thing of beauty, and she's just perfect. Like you.", I smile at the end of my sentence.

"Wow dude. That got deep. That's good. At least you know what you like."

A sudden idea pops into my head.

"So what about you?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "What about me?"

"You know, is there any love in that empty heart of yours?"

She grins. "Of course there is! I love you!"

She pinches my nose, and I wince.

"Yah,", "But seriously, is there anyone?", I say in a nasally tone.

She giggles her adorable giggle that I am jealous of, and she her head to one side.

"Nope. I don't have time for that. Too focused on getting my career. Love will make me weak. Well, romantic love. My love for you actually helps."

We both smile at each other.

"Okay dude, this is how it's going to go down. The only day you are available is tomorrow. The last three days are used for preparation for graduation. Graduation is on the third day. Now tell me, will you treat her right?"

"Yes!", I answer firmly.

"Will you treat her with respect?"

"Yes."

"Will you love her?"

"Yes, I will. I already am."

"Okay, last one. You have to promise me, will you break her heart?"

"Of course, I won't."

"You better mean it because I will fly all the way to you just to bite your head off."

I laugh. "Fly?"

Her expression is blank for a split second before she unfreezes. I start to question that.

"Yeah, I can fly. So, is Taehyung gonna be helping you with this?"

"Even if I ask, he'll be busy trying to court you anyway. Makes me feel bad for him."

I could see a tint of blush on her cheeks. To be very honest, from someone else's view, I might think they would be perfect For each other. However, I just don't think they match as well as other people think they do. Sure, they're both popular and really similar, but a part of me just couldn't bring myself to see it.

"So, you familiar with the plan?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll layout all the groundwork. You can follow in afterwards."

"Cool. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Nah. I gotta go. See ya later, punk."

Ruffling my hair, she steps outside  of my room, leaving me alone. Excitement builds within me, and I can't hold it in. Everything is going to happen according to plan. Lena would set up the whole place, and I will confess, as a grand gesture. I couldn't wait.

Minyoung, you're going to be mine.

Today was the big day. I would get her to meet me after school, and that's where everything would be set up. Excitement and horror built up inside me as I went to her locker to slip inside the note that would tell her to meet me up on the roof.  Classes went by too quick, and I didn't happen to see Lena at all. Asking Taehyung if he saw her, I started to worry.

"Have you?", I asked.

He shrugged. "Nope. Actually, I am quite curious. I mean, you probably already know this, but I have a huge crush on her."

"That's relevant how?"

"Well, she's leaving soon.. and I just thought I should tell her."

"Leaving? Home?"

"Never mind, dude."

He stormed off, angry. What did I do? Running up to the rooftop, I find tables, lights, and flowers everywhere. She did a pretty good job.

"Lena?"

There was no answer. Suddenly realizing what time it was, I panicked. It was almost time. I tried to fix my hair and steady my breathing. Just when I was almost done being frantic, I hear a creak. The door had opened, and Minyoung stood in the doorway. My whole body froze. Her eyes met mine.

"Jimin?"

"Uh.. Hey."

"Did you put that note in my locker?"

"Yeah, I did."

I couldn't believe I was actually talking to her.

"So.. What'd you wanna tell me?"

This was it. I needed to just tell her.

"I've liked you for a long time. I might even love you, I don't know. If that's too strong, I'm sorry. However, I think that you are the most beautiful girl in the world. You don't deserve a guy like me. You deserve a whole lot better, but I just wanted you to know. I'm sorry. I really like you."

All the hope I had had clearly evanesced into the air. I can't believe I just put myself down in my own confession.

"You're really cute, Jimin."

"What?"

"You're funny."

"I'm not following.."

A smile is apparent on her beautiful face.

"And you are an idiot. So, not that it's been said, but since you didn't say it,  I will. Will you be my boyfriend?"

My eyes widen. I can't believe it. Managing to utter out a "yes", I embrace her. She laughs as I do. The night continues, and it soon comes to an end. I send her home, and she gives me a peck on my cheek. I had my dream girl, finally. It was all thanks to Lena. Wait, Lena. Where was she? Just then, my phone rings, indicating that I got a text.

"Meet me up at the rooftop. - Lena,", it read.

Curious, I went back to the school. I managed to steal the keys from the janitor in sophomore year. I made a copy of every key. Reaching the rooftop, I realize that all the decorations were still up. The hanging lights shone brightly, and the flowers were still alive. There was only one thing different. There was a huge white sign that read,"I love you, Jimin."

"What the heck is this?"

As I walk up to the sign, I see a note attached to it.


"Jimin, I've loved you ever since I met you. That will never change. I guess I never told you because I knew you weren't into girls like me. I'm sorry. I wasn't pretty, nor was I skinny. I'm happy that you have Minyoung now. You promise me you won't break her heart right? Well, please keep that promise. She's a really lucky girl. I really wanted to tell you. Helping you with this kind of hurt, I guess. I hope you're happy with her. Since Taehyung has been pestering me to tell you, I will. I love you a lot Jimin, and.. we'll never see each other again. My flight to America was at 3PM. Goodbye, friend. - Lena"

The world was swirling. I couldn't comprehend this message. Just when I felt like my legs were going to give in, I heard a voice. It was Taehyung.

"You never got it. Why couldn't you just look past it?"

I stared at my friend, confused.

"Look past what?"

"If you weren't so stubborn, you would see that the feeling was mutual. I know that deep down inside, you loved her too."

"Taehyung, what the fu-"

"Don't even try. You don't even know what she's going through. Do you even understand? At all? You're her best friend. I can't believe you didn't know when almost everyone else did."

"KNOW WHAT?"

He looked away as he said it.

"She's dying. She has cancer. That 'trip' she went on, it was to try to save her in the States. It didn't work. She's dying."

"What? Are you serious?"

I stand up, reaching out for his collar. As I hold him out in front of me, I try not to look at his eyes. Tears burned mine while his ran out.

"Tell me you're lying."

"I'm not."

Anger and pain surges through me for some unknown reason. I become belligerent. Tearing down everything around me, I stare at my hands as the droplets of salt land on my palm.

Why?

 


a/n; So yeah, lol. Hope you guys like it! Comment, subscribe, vote, whatever. If y'all liked this one, I'll make a Bangtan Edition of oneshots. I am an angsty author so be prepared for some heart moving moments FEEDBACK IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :) (sorry for any grammar mistakes. i never check for them xD)