• 01/02•

fluttering memories

 

 

• final 

 

track one: prologue

 

Lu Han learnt all his life that love was dangerous. Ever since his parents fought and separated, he knew one thing for sure - he would never become like that. He would always cower behind pillars and watch as his mother screamed and as pearly drops of tears rolled down her pasty white skin, and as his father shouted at her in his deep, hollow voice.

 

Lu Han knew it was a tone meant to be firm and strict, but he could detect something else underlying beneath his words. It was longing, and sadness.

 

He had always known that all his father wanted was to have a cheerful and exultant family, but all of that was fractured into tiny fragments once his father started drinking and coming home drunk.

 

His mother would become suspicious of his father, and would question him sharply when he returned home. He would always give curt replies, about how he needed a break, how he needed to loosen up. Once again, all of that went out of hand when his mother found him inside their shared room on top of a younger woman.

 

Lu Han was exceptionally scared that night, and he hid in his room while he heard vulgarities being tossed around, and agonizing screams and shouts. But the worst of all was the sound of shattering glass, then the deafening silence.

 

Pondering if it was safe to go out, he wiped his tear-streaked face and mustered the courage to walk out timidly. He was greeted with the sight of his father - drenched in crimson, and blood was pooling at the side of his head. Lu Han looked up in horror, to find his mother trembling in fear, a glass shard clasped in between her fingers.

 

Lu Han's mother turned around, bloodshot irises quivering. "Run away, Lu Han. Go, before the police find you. I love you, and please, don't ever make the same mistake that I did." As he ran away swiftly, night breeze whipping his tousled hair, lower lip jutting out and quivering, he learnt another lesson.

 

Love can cause death.

 

 track two: elementary 

 

Lu Han grew quieter after that night when he was six, and when his father was killed. After that night, he never heard from his parents again. All he remembered was seeking refuge in his aunt's house, and sitting in front of the huge television the next day, tears brushing his cheeks as the news report of a woman being arrested after killing her husband with a glass vase.

 

When Lu Han grew older, he forced himself to push the gory image of his blood-covered father to the back of his head. He had to grow up much faster than the others, admittedly. He wanted to start anew, to forget about the past and never repeat the same mistake his mother did.

 

His aunt was less than happy to have him around, as she already had two very hyperactive children to take care of. However, she still paid (very begrudgingly) for his school fees, and raised him up for a few years. Lu Han was thankful to her. 

 

When he started elementary school, he was an introvert. He didn't interact socially with children his age, therefore causing the children to shun him. He never had any friends, but that changed after the new boy with short brown hair and icy eyes joined his school.

 

Despite the boy's cold exterior, he was extremely chirpy. "Hello, my name is Oh Sehun! Can we be friends?" The boy had asked Lu Han brightly. Sehun's eyes gleamed with mischieveousness and his tone of voice was a lilting melody. 

 

Lu Han, whom never had any form of interaction with anybody like this, did not know how to answer. Sure, Lu Han was interested in being his friend, but he was naturally shy.

 

"H-Hello, I'm Lu Han," He had stuttered out, eyes widening and blushing furiously when Sehun laughed. "Don't be afraid of me, I'm not that scary." Sehun had replied kindly. 

 

From that afternoon on, they had spent every second of their days together, holding each others' grubby hands and sharing lunchboxes filled with ddeobokki or bibimbap.

 

They often hung out with each other, pre-puberty high pitched voices shouting at each other playfully. They shared almost everything, and it was a beautiful blossoming friendship that was never to be broken. 

 

track three: fireworks

 

At the mere age of fourteen, Lu Han started to rebel. He would start coming home late and start flirting with both girls and boys, and he even tried to take a puff out of a cigarette. (He liked it.) One night, he sneaked out to Sehun's house, and threw pebbles at his window.

 

Patiently, Lu Han watched as the small rocks rebounded angrily against the metal grills of the window. Soon, Sehun's window was pulled open violently. As Sehun's sleepy eyes glazed over his surroundings, he finally caught sight of Lu Han. "Hyung, what do you want?!" Sehun hissed.

 

Lu Han chuckled, beckoning for Sehun to meet him at the back door of Sehun's house. Sehun grumpily shuffled down the stairs, unhappy that his sleep was interrupted. He stepped into the chilly night, glaring at the older boy.

 

"I want to show you something," Luhan said, eyes crinkling into a smile. Sehun was never one to resist Lu Han's smiles, so he gave in, but not with a snarky remark. "At two in the morning? Are you serious hyung?" Lu Han just smirked. Irritating hyung, Sehun thought, trying to hide his fond smile that was only saved for Lu Han. 

 

They arrived at a clearing beside a creek, where a gleaming, contemperary, black Volkswagen Phaeton V8 was parked. Lu Han gestured for Sehun to sit on a rock, quite a distance from the vehicle.

 

A pink tongue from between his lips darted out to his cracked lips. Taking out  his cellphone, he asked Sehun, "Are you ready, Sehun-ah?" Sehun wondered what was going to occur. Nodding his head, he waited.

 

As Lu Han's finger came in contact with the screen of his cellphone, sparks flew. The Volkswagen was covered in flames, shooting out sparks of embers. Lu Han's eyes sparkled with delight at this. Stunned, Sehun turned to Lu Han.

 

"What the ." He deadpanned. "Whose car is this?" Lu Han fiddled with his fingers. "I may or may not have just found this car on the street.." He trailed off. Sehun was shocked, but he decided that it entertained him. "The sparks are beautiful," Sehun murmmered, running his finger along the burnt frame of the car.

 

"Just like fireworks," Lu Han agreed. Then, Lu Han forcefully fisted Sehun's collar, and pressed his eager lips onto Sehun's. Gentle and fragile at first, the kiss turned into a passionate one, tongues dancing and fighting for dominance.

 

Pulling away, Lu Han mumbled an apology. Red creeped onto Sehun's cheeks. "It's okay," He said awkwardly. You can't love anyone, Lu Han. You can't. 

 

track four: explosions

 

Lu Han ran away from his aunt's home, probably much to his aunt's delight. Lu Han worked part time at Starbucks to pay for his university fees, and worked part time as a criminal, blowing up cars. Sehun was his accomplice, and Sehun usually stole them instead of blowing them up. The both of them made quite a pair, no doubt.

 

One Saturday, Sehun appeared at Lu Han's doorstep with a tear-stricken face and his luggage. Alarmed, Lu Han ushered him in and asked him what had happened.

 

"C-Can I live with you?" Sehun asked, lip quivering. Lu Han pressed no further and immediately agreed. "I want to drop out of school." Sehun said firmly, repeating it again and again like a mantra. Shocked, Lu Han turned to him. Sehun had always been the more studious of the two, and if Lu Han did not complete his assignments, Sehun would be the one to nag.

 

But Sehun had always been impulsive when he was in his vulnerable state, so Lu Han didn't take his words to heart.

 

Instead, he asked Sehun if he wanted to take the mattress in his room or the bed. Sehun wanted the mattress, so he headed to the room to settle down and unpack his things.

 

At night, when they lay side by side, muffled sobs could be heard. Lu Han rolled off the bed, and onto Sehun's mattress, and comforted the weeping boy. Hiccuping, the younger boy tried explaining to his hyung.

 

"My mum found out I was a criminal." There was a eerie pause in the room. "She said I had to leave the house or she would report it to the police. I-I didn't know what to do, I'm just 19, hyung."

 

More crying could be heard. "Sehun-ah..." Lu Han began. "I'm sorry I encouraged you to become a criminal." Sehun stopped crying. "Actually, I would rather be a criminal with you than be all goody-goody at home." Lu Han grinned, obviously pleased. As a reward, he planted a fleeting kiss on Sehun's swollen lips.

 

"Let's go blow up cars," He whispered huskily. 

 

track five: butterflies

 

Lu Han and Sehun were speeding on the expressway, in a silver-coloured Lamborghini Aventador 700-4 Roadster Convertible. The latest stunt Lu Han had pulled (leaving a bomb in a policecar when it was on the move) did not impress the police one bit.

 

Instead, now they were being chased by at least six police cars, in which there was no escape route but to just drive away.

 

Breeze whipping through Lu Han's mop of newly dyed silverish gray hair, he shouted when the police were catching up with them. "GODDAMNIT SEHUN JUST FIRE AT THEM." Sehun fumbled nervously with the firearms, weapons unfamiliar to his touch.

 

"How the do I use this?!" Sehun questioned, pointing at a shotgun. Fustrated, Lu Han leaned away from the steering wheel and picked up a machine gun and handed it to Sehun impatiently. "It's loaded, just stand up and shoot them," Lu Han had said urgently.

 

Hands clammy with sweat, Sehun had taken the gun from Lu Han's firm grasp, fingers wavering slightly. "I'M SCARED, LU!" Sehun screamed, slightly hysterically, eyes fleeting over to the mirror, to find that the police were catching up - and fast.

 

Eyes still on the road, Lu Han gripped Sehun's chin tightly. "Trust me, Sehun," Lu Han said before planting a chaste but unfaltering kiss on Sehun's lips. "Now go." With shaky legs, Sehun stood up, his lips still tingling in a good way from the kiss.

 

He clasped the gun in his hads, his finger bent ever so slightly; but bent enough to make contact with the trigger. Before Sehun knew what was even happening, he saw police cars tumbling, crashing into each other, sirens ringing loud and clear.

 

Lu Han stepped harder on the accelerator, speeding away before anyone else came to stop them from escaping. Sehun felt a flash of guilt overwhelm him as he saw bloody bodies piled on top of each other, but the feeling vanished just as quickly as it came.

 

Lu Han came to a stop at a deserted clearing, the same clearing where Lu Han first blew up the Volkswagen. Sehun and Lu Han both got out of the car, sitting down on rocks beside the stream.

 

As Lu Han skimmed his fingers on the surface of the rippling water, he broke the silence. "Well, that was one hell of a ride," he chuckled, pausing when he saw Sehun's taut expression.

 

"Are yo--" Lu Han was cut off by a pair of lips pressing hard against his, the taste of vanilla lingering. Sehun gripped his face firmly, letting his tongue slip past his lips, swiping it on Lu Han's. He pulled away, before blurting out four short words: "I like you, hyung."

 

Registering these words in his head, Lu Han panicked slightly. All his life he was warned not to love, and the consequences it could lead to. But Lu Han can't deny that he liked Sehun too, so subconciously, he let out a small "I like you too, Sehun-ah."

 

And Lu Han thinks maybe, maybe he could let himself fall into the grasp of love itself, just this one time.

 

All he can say is in a clearing is surprisingly good.

 

track six: bottoms up

 

"How do I look?" Lu Han asked, nibbling his lip and looking in the mirror. He blew away the stray strands of hair away from his face, nearly jumping in fright when Sehun wrapped his arms around him and tucking his chin in the crook of his neck.

 

"You look as tantalising as always," Sehun whispered, voice dangerously husky and low. He lifted the hem of Lu Han's shirt gently, brushing his fingertips on Lu Han's back. Sehun traced invisible circles, lightly pressing his fingernails into Lu Han's flesh.

 

He breathed in Lu Han's scent, his oh so lemony and minty smell. It made Sehun wild, and hungry. Hungry for a little deer that went by the name of Lu ing Han.

 

Lu Han decided that it was enough when Sehun started on the hollow of his neck, leaving him writhing around, shrewdly yet softly. Reluctantly, he pried Sehun off him. "We still have a party to attend and I don't want to get all sweaty and messy before it," Lu Han scolded mock-sternly, before checking himself in the mirror one last time and grabbing his coat, before heading out of the door.

 

However, Lu Han didn't catch the adoring smile on Sehun's face, nor the "Oh God, the things that you do to me, Lu," or the "What's the point of staying clean when you're getting dirty later?" (they were going to a club after all) that Sehun had mumbled quietly.

 

---

 

tttt it became a twoshot i am so sorry ;; i'll update.. when i can.