Seogoong - Day and Night

The Thirteen Topp Charms
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

You sigh deeply as you sat up in your bed. The darkness around you assured you that it was still night and you still hadn’t slept for a single minute, even though you’ve been laying in your bed for hours. Kicking off your sheets, you hoist yourself out of bed and slip your feet in big animal slippers. Softly, you shuffle towards the door of the bedroom, trying not to wake your roommates.

Once you entered the living room, the bright yellow light hurt your eyes a little. Grumpily rubbing your eyes, waiting for them to adjust to their surroundings, you thud on the couch next to your roommate Jaehee.
“Can’t sleep?” she asks you. You shake your head and let out another sigh.
“Even after that tough schedule we’ve had for the past few days, I can’t seem to fall asleep properly,” you tell her with a slight crack in your voice.
“Same here…,” Jaehee complained.  
The two of you stare at the television for a little while without speaking a word. Then, Jaehee stood up and turned towards you, determined. “Let’s go for a walk. Maybe get some snacks at the night shop?” she held out her hand to hoist you from the couch.

“Fine,” you grumble as you follow your friend towards the door. “Wait,” you suddenly say.
“Shouldn’t I get dressed a little?”
Jaehee looked at your outfit. Your oversized grey hoodie on top of your black leggings which reached to your giraffe slippers. “Nah,” she shrugs indifferently, “We’ll just run towards the store down the street and come back. It is 3 am, who will see us anyways except for that nice lady from the store?”
“True,” you agree with her as you look in the mirror. You pull on the hood of your hoodie to cover your chocolate brown, shoulder long hair which looked like a total mess. The make-up from last night’s performance was still gracing your face, but was a little smudged.

“Let’s go!” Jaehee said impatiently at the door. You quickly put on a pair of sneakers before joining her and closing the door behind you.
“I didn’t even bring my wallet,” you complain. Jaehee waved your comment away. “I have my card with me, pay me back later!”
The two of you made your way down the stairs and stepped into the cold night air. Leaving the dorms behind you, you walked towards the store you so often visit when you crave your favorite snacks. While walking, you realize you accidently put on your roommate’s shoes which were two sizes bigger than yours; resulting in you only being able to shuffle instead of walk regularly.

“I am soooo hungry for some dried seaweed,” Jaehee her lips.
“I just want all the chocolate I can find, to be honest,” you admit. You lock arms with her and happily turn around the corner together. The store was finally in sight and you felt a little better than you did before. The cool air filling your lungs made you feel refreshed and you couldn’t help but smile.
Jaehee pushed the door open to the store, followed by a high pitched tingling of a bell.
 

You enter a large super market which was lit by fluorescent lights, and shelves filled with delicious treats. You shuffle your way to the familiar shelves in the far back where they store your favorite chocolate delights. You lost Jaehee on your way for she first decided to pick a drink from the refrigerators on the left side.
While carefully picking out a chocolate bar and bag of M&M’s, you let your eyes glide over the shelves.

“Where are my chocolate chip cookies…” you mutter. Suddenly, you hear a sharp, high pitched voice talk loudly in another part of the store. This male’s voice made your skin crawl and gives you memories of someone placing their nails on a blackboard and scratch it slowly.
A boy with blonde hair almost covering his eyes came around the corner and joined you in front of the selves filled with chocolate. You pull your hood a little more over your head, hiding your face a little.
From the corner of your eyes, you notice the boy was also looking for something specific. You watch him shrug and give up, eventually walking back to his friends.

You decide to do the same, as you go search for Jaehee.
“Unnie, did you find everything you needed?” you ask her when you find her pick out some apples.
“Almost! What about you?” Jaehee smiled at you as she showed her shopping basked full of apples and healthy snacks.
“So healthy…” You mumble. A wave of shame took you over as you looked at your own basket, filled with chocolates and sweets.
“I just need my chocolate chip cookies and some drinks,” you say as you look around.
“Well go get them! I want to go back home!” Jaehee pushes you a little.

Determined to find what you were looking for, you decide to check every isle; hoping that maybe they’ve moved the cookies.  When you turn in another isle, a second boy shows up. The tall male had dark, chestnut hair and deep, brown eyes. In his hands, he carried his phone, along with a candy bar and a small bottle of juice. His blue denim shirt covered his muscular arms and underneath he wore a black and white t-shirt, on top of a pair of black shorts. His sneakers looked dirty and his hair was ruffled, like he had just worked out.

You were certain you’ve seen this boy before. “Wasn’t this the boy who played basketball on the court next to our dorm?” you think to yourself as you let your eyes glide over his features. “He smiled at me before, maybe he recognizes me too?”

You feel a small tingling feeling in your stomach as you stand still in the middle of the isle, examining the handsome species of the opposite .
It was like he could feel you stare at him, because the male suddenly looked up and met your eyes. Startled, you quickly turn around and pretend to scan the shelves while pulling your hood down a little more.
The male huffed softly and shook his head at your behavior and continued his own shopping. Without making it look obvious, you shuffl

Please log in to read the full chapter