Sweet 16

Sweet 16 - Myungsoo

Soft light filtered through the dim lights that hung above everyone’s head, with the room comfortably big enough to hold all of your friends with room for a little dancing and delicious refreshments for your Sweet 16, you couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear. Presents that your friends had brought were fashionably stacked in a corner of the room while the floor to ceiling windows beautifully displayed the city lights while the sun slowly started to set.

Being at the top of one of the tallest buildings of the city which happened to be your father’s business building, you could see for miles along with the soft music playing in the background. With the music just soft enough so that you wouldn’t be shouting at each other while others were having fun dancing and laughing together.

Walking around and mingling with all of your friends that you invited, you smiled and chatted with everyone for a while as they complimented you on your beautiful black sequence dress hugging you in all the right places and making you feel like you were on top of the world. Your favorite heels added a bit of flare to your outfit while you walked around, making sure that everyone was having a good time.

Finding your close friends huddled in a circle, you smiled and trotted over to them.

"You look so beautiful" One of you friends said before she sipped her drink

"Thank you, my parents gave it to me" You smiled as you and your friends talked for a while, just about this and that.

Movement of the misted doors caught your attention, the laughter dwindled from your lips while a man in a perfectly fitting suit came in through the door and started to look around at the venue and the wonderful party. When his eyes met yours, he smiled and glanced down, his lips lightly, he looked back up at you with his eyes gently smoldering, he rose his hand and waved at you.

Lifting your hand, you smiled and waved at him before he started to walk over to the drink table. Watching him for a moment, it took your friends a moment to capture your attention back as they shook your arm lightly.

"Who was that?" Your other friend questioned, moving closer so you didn’t have to tell everyone.

"Myungsoo" You whispered, glancing back at him while you felt your cheeks get warm, cocking one of your legs, your feet moved nervously under you while your friends giggled.

"How do you know him?" Your friends probed

"Well, I… we met a little while ago through my parents" You bit your lip gently as your friends aw-ed quietly causing your blush to become more prominent, 

"Talk to you guys later" You shook your head lightly, careful not to hurt your styled hair.

Slowly walking around the perimeter, your eyes scanned the room to find Myungsoo, finding him among the faces, you sat down and eased the pain from your feet as you let a content sigh escape from your lips. Myungsoo sipped his drink slowly, a gift bags’ strings dangling from his fingers while he looked out of the windows at the city lights.

Moving your attention to your friends dancing to the songs that were playing, you smiled and crossed your legs over one another before you felt the couch lightly dip due to someone’s weight. Turning your head, the man smiled at you with his teeth warmly shining at you.

"What is the birthday girl doing all alone?" Myungsoo questioned, placing the little bag on the table in front of him.

"Oh~" You smiled and looked down, sitting up a little taller and flattening your dress against your figure, "I just wanted to watch everyone is all."

"I see~" Myungsoo nodded and turned his head to see everyone laughing and having a wonderful time.

A silence came over the two of you, Myungsoo searched the faces of the guests to your party to see if there was anyone there that he knew. Yet you were glancing at him from every once and a while, taking in his breathtaking side profile, the way his suit hugged his shoulders and made him look better than words could describe.

"Thank you for coming tonight, this means a lot to me" You told him softly, his head slowly turned as a crooked smile pulled on his lips lightly.

His chocolate eyes looked into yours, the lights overhead making his eyes lightly sparkle. “My pleasure” He replied

Looking into each others eyes for a moment, you didn’t notice your parents walking up to you until your dad placed his hand on your shoulder. Myungsoo’s eyes moved to the leathery, worn hand of your father; rising to his feet, he bowed as you stood to your feet as well and turned to your father.

"I think they would all really like it if you said something in front of everyone" Your father advised, nodding your head, he patted your shoulder while him and your mother waited for you to come along with them.

Letting out a soft sigh, you slowly walked off as your heels clicked against the floor beneath your feet. Glancing back at Myungsoo when you were further away from him and still following your parents, he nodded his head in understanding before you climbed the few stairs to get onto the stage.

Your parents stood close to the stage as the singer of the live band handed you the microphone.

"Hello everyone" You smiled as the spotlight cast down on you, pausing to have everyone turn and face you, you scanned all of the faces.

"Thank you for all coming tonight, being surrounded by friends and family, I don’t know a better way to spend my Sweet 16" You smiled while looking at the adult’s faces, which only came because your father invited them, then to your friend’s faces.

Moving your eyes slowly the crowd, finding the one guy that made your eyes stop, words of gratitude continued to spill from your mouth while Myungsoo smiled and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. His fingers played with the strings of the bag that he held in his hands, dropping his eyes for a moment, you felt your smile get wider.

"Thank you" You closed and bowed to everyone. Clapping, everyone watched the spotlight change as you passed the microphone off to your father.

"I would like to dedicate a slow dance to my daughter" Your father smiled, handing back the microphone to the singer, he made his way down to you.

Holding out his old and worn hand, you slipped your hand into his while your guests moved to the perimeter of the dance floor. Walking to the middle of the floor, a soft spotlight followed you as your father wrapped an arm around you while the intro of your favorite slow song started to play.

Gliding with you around the floor, you kept your eyes locked with his as he just smiled at you, his mind replaying all of the years that have lead up to this moment and a shining tear lightly twinkled in his eyes seeing how far and beautiful you have become.

As the song was coming to a close, he twirled you around a few times before twirling you into his arms. Hugging him tightly, he rubbed your back slowly and closed his eyes for a moment, adding his memory to all the rest.

"You are the greatest gift in my life" He whispered softly as another slow song began to play, the singer asking everyone to join in on the dance floor.

"Thanks Dad" You whispered into his ear before you pulled away and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. "Thanks for the Daddy-Daughter dance too."

Smiling, he knew that it was always a dream of yours to do something like that. Placing his hand lightly on your cheek, he tilted your head down slightly before pressing his lips on your forehead.

"I want you to share the next dance with someone of your choice" Your father told you softly as you pulled away even further.

"Are you sure?" You questioned softly

"Go have fun, I am going to ask my girl to dance" He winks at you, rubbing your hand gently he let it go while you let it fall to your side slowly before he walked over to your mom and asked her to dance with him.

Smiling at your parents, you turned around and saw a few people standing alone on the edge of the dance floor. Bringing your hands together, you played with your small rings that encircled your fingers. Looking down you saw a shadow touch the tips of your toes, slowly lifting your eyes you saw those kind, brown eyes of Myungsoo.

"Would you care to dance?" He questions with a genuine smile pulling on his lips while his hand gently uncurled from his loose fist.

Peering down at his opened hand, you lifted your shaking hand up to his, setting your hand on his, his long fingers wrapped beautifully around yours before walking with you to a good place on the floor. Moving closer to you, you could feel your heart pick up it’s pace while his eyes dropped down to his free hand that he was supposed to wrap around you. Freezing up, he didn’t know if he could actually dance with you, his hand froze in mid air while you noticed his eyes blinking blankly.

Taking your hand that is on his shoulder, you carefully moved your hand over his and placed it on your hip before returning your hand up onto his shoulder. Myungsoo’s eyes shyly looked up as you saw the light marks of his teeth in his plump lips.

"S-S-Sorry, I am just r-r-really n-nervous" He stuttered quietly as he started to lead you in some slow dance steps.

"Why are you nervous? It is just me" You chuckled a little, tilting your head just slightly, while your feet followed his.

"That is why I am nervous though" He looked down with a little smile on his lips. Biting his lip, you watched him for a moment or two before he lifted his head, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, ask away" You nodded your head while your hand that rested in his lightly squeezed his.

"Why do you think I came here tonight?" Myungsoo questioned, his eyes intently looking into yours.

"Your parents probably wanted you to come" You reasoned, knowing that your families were always doing things together since your father’s worked together and were quite close friends themselves.

Lighting shaking his head, he looked away and took in a little breath, “I came because I wanted to see you, I wanted to wish my best friend a happy birthday.”

"Thank you" You nodded your head as Myungsoo looked at you, seeing your eyes drop a little, he took a step towards you while his hand on your lower back held you from moving back, his thumb gently rubbed the fabric of your dress as he brought you closer to him.

"Honestly, I think you are amazing" Myungsoo trying to make his wording better to try and get his hidden feelings across to you.

"You’re pretty amazing yourself" You remarked as you relaxed after the movement of him moving closer to you.

Myungsoo stopped dancing for a moment, pulling away and looking into your eyes, he took the hand that was holding yours and lightly rested it against your cheek. Feeling his warm touch, you blinked your eyes keeping them closed for a little longer, wanting to soak in his gentle touch.

"What I am trying to say is…" Myungsoo faded off as he saw that your eyes were closing, leaning in and tilting his head to yours, he pressed his lips lightly against yours.

Lifting your hand that was holding his, you carefully wrapped it around his wrist that rested on your cheek. Slowly moving closer to you, Myungsoo moved his lips slightly against yours to see if you would kiss him back. When you moved your lips against his and leaned into the kiss, you could feel his smile against his lips before he pulled away.

Hearing another slow song play, Myungsoo slowly dropped his hand from your cheek and rested it on your hip, your hands slowly moved up around his neck before both of you moved closer together. Swaying to the song, you took in his subtle scent, both of you just moving to the song and letting your two hearts beat next to each other.