Carnations

Daisy Chain
FINAL

When I look at you I don’t see us connected by the red string of fate, I see a Daisy chain. White Daisies connect us together, fragile and beautiful; when things get really heated they wither, but they always manage to grow back stronger than ever.

Daisies have always fascinated me, the way they are so persistent and strong. I often see them breaking through the cement foot paths or growing out from cracks in the ground. I sometimes wonder if they are trying to cheer people up, encouraging them to try harder; because not even the thickest wall could hold down you down.

That’s why I love them so much, Daises. Like all flowers they wither, but unlike most they are strong. Unlike a Rose they don’t need thorns to protect them. Unlike Sweet Alyssum they don’t need a pleasant smell for people to add them to bouquets. Unlike Cherry Blossom's they don’t need to be pretty for people to love them.

To me, Jongin is my Daisy, you’d think he’d be my Rose but I like to think of him as my Daisy. He’s strong, persistent, brave, beautiful, and I love him. I love him more then I love the feel of petals or the smell of tea in the morning. I love him more than rain and coffee and good book. I love him more than stems and leaves and bushes. I love him more than Daisies.

His touch is like blooming Bluebell’s, his voice is like Geranium’s. He reminds me of Black-eyed Susan’s, Camellia and White Chrysanthemum’s.

He’s my Lilac, my Forget-Me-Not. But most importantly, he’s my Daisy.

He’s my summer days and ocean water, the sand between my toes. The flower crown rested on my head, the Daises in my hands. He’s my ‘he loves me, he loves me not’, my first and my last

He’s my Lilac, my Forget-Me-Not, and my Daisy.

My name is Do Kyungsoo, I own a florist in a less busy part of Soul. I like to read and watch the butterflies dance. I like standing outside in the rain and long baths. On weekends I go out to a field filled with Daises and sit down for hours with my fingers tangled in their stems. I write poems in my spare time and most of them are about Daisies. Well, more specifically; my Daisy. He has tanned skin and dark hair, his eyes are brown in the most beautiful way and he smells like after rain.

He lies with me in the Daisy field and makes my baths longer.

Like Daisies, we have withered; but we also grew back. He helped me break through the concrete above my head and grew tall along side me. Even when picked he never left my side, his roots stayed with me and made me stronger.

I like to believe the connection between Jongin and I isn’t a red string, because string can be cut and red can mean heart break.

We’re connected by a Daisy chain, threaded together by their stems, growing with us and withering with us too.

Jongin, if you're reading this among the Daisy’s in the clouds I want you to know this.

 

 

 

Even in heaven our Daisies will meet, because if Daisies can break through rock they can break through clouds. But while you do remind me of Daisies another flower has come into my life. I've been meaning to tell you Jongin, about the flower that reminds me of you the most. it's pretty flower, it smells nice too. Jongin, you know i'm not good with words; I always let the flowers do the talking, so today isn't any different. I just want to say...

 

 

 

Carnations…

 

 

 

     

 carnation1

kɑːˈneɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

plural noun: carnations

  1. a double-flowered cultivated variety of clove pink, with grey-green leaves and showy pink, white, or red flowers.

  2. The meaning associated with this flower is ‘I miss you’

 

Author's Notes

Thank you guys for reading and the next chapter will explain the meaning behind the flowers mentioned ^^

black%20star_zpsgtdam7lg.gif