Friendship takes off

"Girl friend"?

                                                                        

 

" Time is over! pass up your test!"   The teacher said as he look at his watch,  Ah this is bad, if only I'd had more time, I could've done better...  Nicole sighed and passed her test to the front, oh well time to go She gathered her things and was about to exit the classroom when a sweet voice called for her, " Cole!"  Nicole froze and looked to her side, only to find a pretty girl with long brown hair getting her things ready to leave, " Cole, do you live close to Han River?"  the girl asked with a bright smile, Cole? " maybe close to Gangnam-gu?"  the pretty girl continued,  " ah yes, in Cheongdam-dong..."  Nicole finally answered,   " ah if that's so, do you mind going home together? You're Jung Nicole right? I think we live in the same direction"  the pretty girl continued as Nicole smiled awkwardly. (A.N. Even though these two had been in the same class for a time now, this is the first time they talk to each other.)  " oh by the way, I'm Gyuri, you can call me Gyul "  Gyuri smiled brightly.  " aww but wasn't that test too hard?"   Gyuri complained as they walk away from the school, " how do you think you did Cole?"  ah still calling me 'Cole', everyone else calls me Nicole... " Well, I was able to answer it all, I'm sure I did well..." Nicole said as  Gyuri looked at her with dissapointment and sighed heavily, " why? what's wrong?"   Nicole asked worried, "since you were sighing when you turned your test, I thought you were bad at math like me...."  Gyuri said frowning , ah, so that's why she talked to me?   " as expected from Cole who only missed class once, I always have to re-take the tests, I'm kind of dumd...haha"   Gyuri said smiling scratching her head,  " but why did you miss that one class? did you get sick?" Nicole froze and gulped " th-the night before..."  she paused and gather courage "  what happened?  did you faint?  did you get into a fight?" Gyuri asked worried, " I...I fell asleep while showering, I woke up with a cold...ㅠ.ㅠ "  Nicole said embarrassed " hahahhaha"  Gyuri laughed at loud making Nicole a bit upset, what the hell!  " stop laughing!"   Nicole yelled at Gyuri who was still cracking up.  " I'm so-haha -so-rry hahhah, I'll stop now ahaha, laughing like that sure made thirsty, wanna grab something to drink? " Gyuri asked, before Nicole could say anything Gyuri grabbed Nicole's hand and took her to a restaurant that was close, " please give me a coke and chicken nuggets! is that cool Cole?"   Gyuri asked with a big smile, " eh , ah I suposse "  Nicole said, again, smiling awkwardly ,  " hey Cole, where do you wanna sit?"   Gyuri asked , " ah anywhere is fine,really"  Nicole replied, " then let's sit by the window"  Gyuri suggested, after some minutes of waiting the server brought them their food and Gyuri began eating, "  assa!  laughing always makes me hungry" (A.N. Assa=yay or awesome in korean)   didn't you say you were thirsty?... " woah Cole, do you straighten your hair?"  Gyuri said rubbing Cole's hair softly, Gyuri was so close to Nicole's face, Nicole back off scared, " yah, what are you doing?!"  Nicole said flustered, "  sorry Cole, but your hair is too pretty, it was the first thing that called my attention when I saw you..."  Nicole blushed when she heard Gyuri, and felt a bit embarrassed, "  but Gyuri-ssi, isn't your hair straight and pretty too?"  Nicole asked, " ah~"  Gyuri sighed, " acutally between you and me, my hair is curly, I have to straighten ㅠ.ㅠ ,  but you can't tell anyone! ok? this is a secret between you and me, alright?" Gyuri said winking at Nicole, ah Gyuri-ssi is really weird  " my hair is such a headache, because I straighten so much is a bit damaged, I can't grow it very long either...but your hair is really pretty, I'm envious"   Gyuri said as she rub Nicole's hair softly, " but my hair is boring, I don't fix it or do anything to it "  even if we're classmates, we just met, isn't weird she's patting my head? " that's true, you don't treat your hair well Cole!" 

"yeah..."

" why don't you try styling it, your hair is so pretty, you're wasting the potential your hair has, where do you cut it at??" 

" I just go to a salon near my house... I'll get going now" mom would be mad if I'm late   Nicole got up and bowed politely,

" ah wait"  Gyuri said before Nicole turned around, " we should go to a salon sometime, does tomorrow work for you? " 

~~~~ that night~~~

" Cole, are you done showering?" Nicole's mom, who was in the kitchen, asked.  " oh yeah" Nicole said drying her hair with the towel " hey mom, tomorrow I want to get a haircut"   Nicole said as she approached her mom, " a haircut? has it grown that long? mmm, ok then I'll call to make an appointmen for tomorrow" Nicole's mom said as she grabbed the phone " ah mom, you don't need to!" Nicole said before her mom dialed the number, " I wanna go to a different place...so can I have some money?"  Nicole asked shyly, " are you going by yourself?"  Nicole's mom asked curious, after all this is the first time Nicole's like this. " no, a friend is going with me... "  Nicole's mom gave her a weird look, Nicole avoided her mom's eyes and ran upstairs to her room, ah, that Park Gyuri always gets it her way!  now my mom's giving me weird looks! ahh!! for the first time I didn't come straight after school, but the food we ate together was very good....wait a secod, WHAT AM I GONNA WEAR TOMORROW?!  Gyuri-ssi looks pretty in whatever she wears but I....my mom still buys my clothes  ㅠ.ㅠ " ah wait since she gave me her phone number, I can just message her and tell her I can't after all. yep that'll do, I mean it's not like we're friends anyway..."  Nicole said and took her cell phone out, but what if what she said it's true, if my hair could really be that beautiful, then it'll be a big waste! ㅠ.ㅠ  Nicole sighed and looked at her phone, unsure of what to do

~~~~next day~~~~

" woah Cole, do you like exersice a lot?" Gyuri asked as she saw what Nicole was wearing,  " ah why do say that?"  Nicole said a bit flustered, " well you're wearing sweatpants and a shirt, you must like exercise a lot right?" Gyuri replied, " ah that... I just like being comfortable..."  what a bad liar I am!  I should stop dressing like I did in primary school "  anyways, I'm just really happy that you accepted to come with me, you only hang out with the other smart students right?  I'm just dumb and annoying, because of that I was afraid you wouldn't accept to come, I was sure that you dislike me"  Gyuri said smiling, " ah there's no way I could dislike you!"  Nicole replied,  "  Cole' you're really kind.  The salon is this way"  Gyuri said as she walked ahead,  Gyuri-ssi is really weird, she is very popular among the guys, she probably has a boyfriend, wouldn't she rather spend time with him?

" woah Gyuri-ah is bringing a friend from school?  this is a first, you two must be really close!"   the hairdresser said,  " yeah! we're the best friends!"  Gyuri said excited,  as Nicole looked at her with disbelief, " it's a pleasure to meet you Cole! " the haidresser said warmly "how would you like to get it cut?" the hairdresser said as Nicole sat down, " I think short hair would like very nice on her, but Cole likes her long hair a lot right? "  Gyuri said as she examined Nicole's hair.  hey hey, yesterday was the first time we talked and look at her she's behaving so shamelessly! "  Well since Gyuri-ssi knows more, she can decide "  Nicole said to the hairdresser, Gyuri's eyes widened as she couldn't believe it, " really Cole? is that ok?"  Gyuri asked, Nicole nodded and so Gyuri began telling the hairdresser what kind of hair cut would suit Nicole.

" well what do you think?"  the haidresser asked Nicole, " like this you can use less shampoo"  ...." well? do you like it?, this is a big change..."  Nicole didn't say anything and remained silent. Her hair , her long beautiful hair was gone. 

a big one for sure...isn't this too short?  wait a second...didn't she say my long hair was beautiful? then this....she tricked me!! she pretended to be my friend, but in reality she dislikes me!

" Oh Gyuri-ah you're back!"  (A.N. Gyuri wasn't there when he cut her hair)  " I cut it just like you said, what do you think?"  Gyuri quickly ran towards Nicole and froze to see her new hair,  " woah, it's....it's so cute! this fits you perfectly!"  Gyuri said giving Nicole a big hug. " really?"  Nicole asked with tears in her eyes,  " yeah you look absolutely cute! because my hair is wavy I have to always have it long, so I'm envious of how cute you look! "  

" really? "

" absolutely!"   Gyuri replied with a big smile, which cause Nicole to smile widely,  " thanks for coming!"   the hairdresser as the girls headed out, " ah I'm tired, and thirsty, say Cole, do you wanna grab something to drink?"  Gyuri said as she stretched her arms , " more like, don't you wanna eat something? haha " Nicole responded,  " you figured me out already? hahah, then let's go eat !" 

~~~~

" Yong-yu! you're going to be late, hurry!"  Nicole's mom yelled from the kitchen,  " I'm going mom!"   Nicole responded, she was busy doing her hair. 

This is the first time I feel excited to go to school for a while, maybe it's because ....

" Good morning Nicole! woah did you cut your hair?" some students asked as Nicole entered the school, " ah yeah"  Nicole replied, " it toally suits you!" 

" Good morning Cole!"  Gyuri greeted Nicole with a big smile , " goo--good morning Gyul!" 

                                                                                                                             I was able to make a friend....

*******

A.N. Hello everyone! thanks for subscribing!  I look forward to reading your comments, I hope you enjoy the story too.  So, how was it, was it too much for the first chapter?  do you like their relationship?  please let me know.... the italic letters as you can guess it's Nicole's thoughts, if it confuses you then let me know I'll figure something....anyways thanks for reading!  ^^

 

 

The images I used are not mine, credit to the rightful owner.