I Don't Mind

Bad Habit

Jimin knows its bad but he can’t stop it either. When he’s nervous, scared or at any time, he’ll chew on his finger- any finger. He’ll on it like how babies their thumb and chew bit by bit as if scraping his skin off. He doesn’t feel the pain but when it gets too much and a layer of his skin had been peeled off, even mere tap water can sting. He knows its bad but he can’t stop it.

 

Their manager and even Bang Shi Hyuk had grabbed hold of this problem. They tried sending him to a doctor, find out what his problem was. Nothing out of the ordinary other than the habit was detected. Jimin was even given teething toys just to stop him from chewing on his fingers. That doesn’t work too. It felt different, he said.

 

It made their manager resort to giving him a punishment if any of his fingers are red and has signs of being chewed on at the end of a week. Jimin loves dancing; that’s his punishment. For a week, he won’t be allowed to dance on his own unless its group activities. He’s not allowed to go to the dance studio to dance freely and destress. For dance, Jimin wants to stop his bad habit. But he can’t.

 

----

Yoongi didn’t like seeing the younger one hurt himself even if it is from his own bad habit. He didn’t like how the younger one is being punished almost every week.

 

It was after a mini concert, when everyone else was tired and doze off as soon as they sat in the van, that Yoongi thought of an alternate solution. Both of them were sitting at the back, Jimin – or rather chewing – on his index finger, while leaning on Yoongi’s shoulder. The elder among the two had his arm around the younger and he gently pulled the finger out of the younger’s mouth. Jimin opened his eyes and looked up at him. Yoongi nudged his head over and had his index finger near Jimin’s mouth. As weird as it might seemed to be, Yoongi slides his finger into the boy’s mouth and Jimin started on it. Slow and experimenting at first, holding onto Yoongi’s wrist, he started more and chewing as if it was his own finger.

 

The chewing and scraping of his finger hurt but Yoongi didn’t mind as long as Jimin stopped doing it to himself and getting punished for it.

 

----

That was when it started. Everytime Yoongi noticed Jimin about to bring his hand towards his mouth, he would gently push the hand back down and give his own finger instead while putting his arm across the younger’s shoulders. The members noticed and knew what Yoongi was doing but no one stopped him. Sure some of them asked Yoongi is private why he was doing this and all he replied was, “I don’t like Jimin hurting himself. And punishing him by not allowing him to dance is just stupid.”

 

----

Jimin looked like he was about to cry when Yoongi dropped the good news to the group at their shared dorm. The rest was praising Yoongi, teasing about him being a top producer in the future. Yoongi smiled and laughed along with them but still noticed the change in Jimin’s face. Jimin tried to force out a smile, a laugh; anything that will make his sorrow unnoticed.

 

After dinner, when all of them went to their own rooms, Yoongi went inside Jimin’s room. Jimin had his body curled up like a ball, lying on his bed with his back facing the door. Yoongi closed the door and lied down behind the boy, resting his chin on Jimin’s shoulder.

 

“It’s just one week,” Yoongi said.

 

“I know,” Jimin sobbed. He turned and end up laying his head on Yoongi’s chest with the older hugging him close. Jimin’s thumb was dangerously close to his mouth and true enough, he was about to on it when Yoongi gave his index finger. Jimin pushed Yoongi’s hand away slowly, shaking his head.

 

“I’ll hurt you more when I’m feeling down,” Jimin said.

 

“It’s fine,” Yoongi said simply, kissing the boy’s temple.

 

----

Yoongi got back from America where he was sent to learn a little bit more about producing by the company, a week later.

 

He didn’t get to see Jimin straight away as the younger was busy in the dance studio with the maknae. Yoongi ate with the other members, catching up with each other and told them some of the things that happened.

 

“Jimin went back to his habit though,” Hoseok spoke. The rest of them got quiet, waiting for Yoongi’s reply. “You can’t be with him forever, hyung.”

 

It didn’t surprised him. Yoongi sighed and looked at his fingers that were slowly healing.

 

Yoongi went to his studio after one whole week of being away from it. He misses the familiar atmosphere as much as he missed Jimin. Yoongi was just sitting on his black swivel chair, closing his eyes, tired from all the catch ups when he didn’t even get to rest after a long flight.

 

“I really missed you.”

 

Yoongi smiled at the voice near his ear and felt a pair of hands hugging him from behind. He opened his eyes and looked up at Jimin.

 

“You didn’t call me when you got home,” Jimin pouted as Yoongi turned his chair around.

 

“You know I don’t like to disturb you when you’re dancing,” Yoongi said, holding both his hands in his.

 

Both of them spend the whole night simply cuddling on the small couch in the studio and just talked; about anything and everything.

 

Yoongi was fiddling with Jimin’s fingers with he asked. “Did you get scolded for these?”

 

Jimin pouted and nodded hesitantly. “By Hoseok hyung and Namjoon hyung. Jin hyung tried to do what you always did but he said it was too painful. Did I really hurt you a lot hyung?” He looked up at Yoongi.

 

Yoongi shook his head. “Don’t worry about it okay?”

 

That night Jimin accidentally woke Yoongi up when he chewed on his finger too hard. Yoongi knew it meant Jimin was having a nightmare. He winced slightly and the younger’s arm to calm him down. After about a few minutes, Jimin stopped and Yoongi took his finger out slowly.

 

He bit his lower lip slightly, feeling the sting when cold air of the air conditioner  touches his finger. With his other hand, he took out the small box of band aid that’s tucked in between the couch. It’s not the first time and Yoongi always had that box there just in case they end up sleeping in the studio.

 

----

Yoongi was wrapping his index finger with a tissue when Hoseok suddenly sat beside him. “Jimin’s inside?” he asked, nudging his head to the closed door of Bang Shi Hyuk’s office.

 

Yoongi nodded.

 

Hoseok glanced at Yoongi’s hand. “You know this is wrong, right?”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“This. You’re just going along with his bad habit. Even if he’s not biting himself anymore, his bad habit is still there.”

 

“What do you expect me to do Hoseok? Slap him wheneverhe want to bite himself?” Yoongi asked calmly. Hoseok remained silent.

 

“Old habits die hard Hoseok-ah. You might not know, but Jimin is improving slowly. He used to and chew on my finger almost everytime but now its only when he’s nervous or scared. He’s trying Hoseok-ah.”

 

Hoseok shook his head. “I still don’t like it. He’s hurting you.”

 

“I don’t mind.”

 


Sorry I don't know what I wrote. It just came to me.
I should get back to my chaptered fic T^T

This is also posted in alt-uni-verse.tumblr.com