Charmed

Enchanted

“Hey, are you okay? You don’t look too well,” Eunji tapped JiYoung’s right shoulder gently to wake her up.

 

She was dazing off, really with eyes almost seemingly in brick red and head nodding to nothing. Seeing that JiYoung would not reply at any moment, Eunji grasped both of her hands onto JiYoung’s shoulders then shook them violently as if she is on pills and might die from sleeping. Well, that’s nonsense; but, what if?

 

‘God, this girl is really something,’ JiYoung grunted. She grabbed Eunji’s arms and pushed it away. “Yaa!” she looked at her in anger.

 

“Are you high?”

 

She threw some killing glare at her, “What kind of question is that?” She smiled slyly. “What’s up?”

 

Once Eunji heard that kind of question from JiYoung’s mouth, she literally hung her hands onto her hips whilst replying, “What’s up? You’re the one who should be ‘up’ your senses from those heavy eyelids. Where have your energy gone to, girl?” She bumped her hips to JiYoung’s so she would shift away as to leaving space for her on that old couch.

 

JiYoung glared at her with eyes drooping; she looked pitiful. “I don’t know. I thought I’ve slept long last night,” she yawned, her hand blocking agape.

 

Eunji pursued her lips in thoughtful, “Well, long or not, you should take a nap for a while. Don’t want to miss class for later.”

 

The other girl smiled a small smile with her eyes closed to Eunji and hummed in response. Then, a reminder came into Eunji’s mind. “Oh, Jongin asked for you earlier,” she said.

 

“Really?!”

 

Second after that, JiYoung heard some laughing from her side. Eunji must see JiYoung’s confused look; “You are really funny,” she said, between laughters.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Yes. A moment ago, your eyes were drooping like they’ll never open again. A moment later, I must say after Jongin’s name, your eyes shot open!”

 

“W…w…well,” JiYoung stuttered her answer. Blood rushing to her cheeks; she could feel it getting hotter in addition.

 

Eunji pinched JiYoung’s cheek hard, “Cute~!”

 

“Ah, Eunji-yaa!” she whined.

 

“Go sleep first then text him later. I’ll wake you up when the lunch is ready.” “Okay.”

 

JiYoung lay on her back and grabbed a small pillow from somewhere near and put it under her head. ‘Why did he search for me?’ She fell asleep with the thought of the charming Jongin in her mind.

 

Shaking her head, Eunji smiled at her silly friend. Just one word; only a name changed all her appearances. Jongin had really charmed JiYoung fully. She walked away from her friend’s sleeping figure then into the kitchen; at least cooking for early lunch should kill some time.

 

She spent her whole time there unrealizing it was almost time to wake JiYoung up for class. Suddenly, a ringing tone could be heard from the living room. She turned off the stove then went there only to find out it was JiYoung’s phone that rang.

 

Glancing to where it was located which was on the coffee table, she noticed the familiar dialler that was calling. She flinched in surprise then her hands automatically went to JiYoung’s body, to shake her awake.

 

JiYoung was shifting from left to right from the discomfort. ‘I need to tell her so she would wake up, at least a name,’ “JiYoung! JiYoung! He is calling you. The Kim Jongin is calling you!” Eunji yelled at her ear.

 

Without further ads, the charm happened again. JiYoung’s bloodshot eyes fell open and she screamed (unexpectedly); “He what?!” “Jongin is calling! Here, your phone!” “No! Wait! I’m not ready for this!”

 

They were basically yelling at each other for that small matter and just to show how much of dumbs they really are; when Eunji threw JiYoung’s phone to her, she threw at Eunji back. (Yet; the phone was still ringing) It happened too quick, but Eunji swiped the screen to answer the call then threw it back at JiYoung. JiYoung looked at Eunji in frenzy and fear as if she did not know what to do.

 

“Just talk to him,” she whispered at her loudly (loudly I mean).

 

JiYoung brought her phone to her ear whilst biting her lip without consciousness. She could hear his voice calling out her name. How her heart was beating faster. “Hey, JiYoung, are you there?” his voice sounded worried.

He was worried. Oh, the excitement made her smile. “I’m…here,” she stated timidly.

 

“Oh, okay, hi there.” She could already see the way his mischievious smile brought up to his lips.

 

JiYoung chirped joyfully for reply; “Hi!” or maybe that sounded too giddy, “I mean, I mean… hi.” She said again but a lot lower.

 

Jongin on the other line chuckled at her cuteness then as silence went flowing over, he then asked what he have wanted to say. “I…erm…actually, I wanted to ask if you… if you want…to walk to class later on.”

 

That shut JiYoung’s mouth entirely for a few seconds. “W-what? Together?” Her eyes widened, anticipating. “Yeah, together,” his voice also sounded timid and shy.

 

Before she could reply, he was already cutting her off in hurry and embarrassment. “Well, I’m not forcing you or something like that. Just, you know, stating the walking together that – em – classmates do, always…and, didn’t want the professor to kick us out if we’re late and just…I-well, I…” “I-I want to!” JiYoung stumbled upon her very own words like Jongin did.

 

They both liked this idea, at least; this was what they always thought about each other.

 

“Really? Hell yeah! I mean, yeah…yeah. Okay…sure, I – emm… I’ll pick you up in 30 mins tops.”

 

“No, wait, make it 15,” she held him up.

 

“Yeah, sure, 15 minutes tops,” he laughed; the cranky silly laugh that only Jongin could do.

 

JiYoung smiled throughout the whole conversation then they hang up the call. JiYoung, with the speed of lightning, jumped to the flight of stairs whilst screaming to let Eunji know, “Kim Jongin asked me out! Oh, God, I’m so happy!!”

 

The door to her room could be heard it slammed shut; maybe trying to figure out which outfit suits her best so she could meet the love of her life. Eunji momentarily sighed in the kitchen, her hand stirring the chicken soup on the hot stove. Then, she remembered that a ‘thank-you’ would be fine or something near to that. She took out her phone from the apron’s pocket that she wore and texted him;

 

“Good job, Kyungsoo.”

 

After a few minutes, he then replied, “No problem =)”