1//`

Potassium
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has exactly been 3 months.

3 months since K has been writing to her penpal. 3 months exactly to make her fall in love.

She didn't know what changed between their relationship. All she knew was that one autumn night, while she was reading her penpal's letter, something inside her sparked and she was changed forever and now here she is, writing back to him.

Dear Kibum,

How are you?

You asked in your last letter what you remind me of? Well, here it is.

You, Kim Kibum, remind me of autumn. Yes, the season, autumn. Why, you ask?

Because I'm in love with autumn. I'm in love with you. I'll be damn if I don't say that now. I adore how you told me of your childhood memories; how you never liked rain because it brought back bad memories. How you never liked science but yet, you fell in love with the word, Potassium, because of a certain name. How you have always wanted to escape this world and fly off to your own.

I also adore how I can almost hear your laugh through your choice of words. I love how you always seem to write in simplicity but that you're a puzzle. Mystery. Every letter, I just keep on falling more for you and I don't know how to stop. I am truly honoured to be enraptured by you. You know Kibum, you also remind me of the color gray. You reflect the color gray. You seem to be so full of wonder and mystery, I just cannot grasp all of you at once and I hate that. I want to learn every part of you.

I am in love with you Kim Kibum.

From a friend,

K.

-

It has been 7 months and counting.

7 months since K has been waiting for a reply. Exactly 7 months since she has poured out her heart to him through a letter.

Hello Kibum.

K.

With the sound of her heartbeat calling out for something to happen; a miracle, she falls asleep.

-

It has been exactly a year. A year since they have started interacting through an accidental letter. A year since she has fallen in too deep into his cruel methods.

The tranquility of the room does not go in rhythm with her heartbeat as she tries not to cry over the fact that it has been over a year since she has been waiting for a reply.

As a matter of fact, she did get a letter from him. However, it isn't the reason as to why she is crying. She is crying because it isn't the reply that she has been waiting for. She is crying because love is so cruel.

Hello K,

How are you?

Today has been great for me. I got a job, spent Christmas with the family and moved into my own apartment.

Tell me K, why don't you like your name? I admire your name. It's short and sweet. Calm yet stormy. And have I ever told you that your name reminds me of Potassium?

As for now, I gotta go. Goodbye.

Sorry.

From a friend,

Kibum.

You know what hurt? That all he stated in his letter was his day and how he was sorry.

K, after reading it, felt like a mess. She wishes now that she hadn't read it. She wishes now that she had just thrown it away.

She feels her chest getting tighter by the second and she feels alone. She feels rejected. She feels like she's being left behind. And that's exactly her worst fear of all.

-

Hello Kibum,

I'm fine thanks.

I don't like my name because I always used to adore it so much after this friend of mine had told me that he liked it.

It's okay.

From a friend,

K.

Please log in to read the full chapter