the meeting

Lee Donghae and the Boy from Slytherin

 

italics = thoughts


Chapter 1

A six year old boy had his hands and the tip of his nose plastered to the glass of Quality Quidditch Supplies, a shop that sold anything you need for the famous sport. The boy was looking at the broom being displayed with glazed eyes. Oh I want to fly with that! He longed for it, but, the boy knew he couldn’t ask for it from his mom for reasons he wished he didn’t have to tell anyone.

With a defeated look and a small pout on his pink, thin lips, Lee Donghae casted his brown eyes downward with a long sigh. He was ready to walk back to his mom, who was buying cauldrons in a shop nearby. But then, through the corner of his eye, he saw the broom he had been looking at being taken off the display shelf. Noticing that, Donghae looked back with his eyes slightly widened. Someone is buying it! How lucky…

Donghae eyed the kid size broom that was first in the hand of the owner of the shop and then passed down to a smaller pair of hands. The broom was held tightly and Donghae wished he could hold it too. Once again, the young boy sighed and looked down at his own pair of empty hands. He dropped them to his side with a huff, but, Donghae was surprised when his right hand was caught and held by another small hand. He first stared at the hand and slowly lifted his face to look at who was holding him. He didn’t have to look up so much as the owner of the hand was at his height.

“Why are you sad?” the boy, who Donghae had seen holding the broom he longed for, asked him softly with a frown of his own.

“Na-nothing,” Donghae stuttered, “I’m not sad.”

“But your lips are pouting. My mom says, if someone pouts, he is either sad or mad. Are you mad, then?” the boy, with soft brown hair that Donghae felt like tugging, tilted his head slightly.

Donghae gaped. For a moment he wasn’t mad. But I was jealous. Mom! I need you now! The young boy did not want to admit to anything. In the end, he shook his head, “No.”

“Good!” the brown hair boy offered him a smile. Though his teeth were not in any way align, Donghae could not help but thought it was cute and gave the other his own smile. The boy swayed their hands as he excitedly said, “My dad is getting me my first broom, the one I saw you looking at. He said he will teach my how to fly before I go to Hogwarts. Do you know how to fly with a broom?”

Donghae shook his head once again wished his mom was there to take him home. His cheeks reddened when the boy told he had seen him gawking at the broom. He also felt jealous and wanted his mommy. So, he decided that he needed to leave right now, “That is… is great. Happy flying. I-I need to go. Bye.”

Donghae tugged his hand out and ran. He faintly heard the boy screamed, “Let’s fly together at Hogwarts. I can teach you there.” He did not know why, but Donghae, with his glassy eyes, still smiled at the thought of the boy teaching him how to fly and held on to that offer.

 

 


 

 

“Is everything ready, Hae?”

Hurrying feet were heard running down the stairs and then an 11 year old Lee Donghae came into the living room where his mom was. His mom knelt down in front of him and began bustling with his clothing and combing his hair while again reminding him of what he should and should not do. Donghae was rocking on the balls of his feet, excitement coursing through his entire limb.

“Mom, you told me all this already. We are going to be late if we don’t get moving now! The train leaves in 30 minutes,” the young boy, with a shade of blue on his hair, whined.

Truthfully, his mother was more nervous than Donghae was when the letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry arrived at their doorstep. The boy was tired with his mom making sure that everything was perfect; 3 school robes, 2 cauldrons, 5 quills, rolls and rolls of parchment, a potion kit, winter clothes, and the list went on and on from caps to socks.

Donghae’s mom, finally stopping her hands from smoothing her son’s clothes after tying his shoes, sighed and hugged Donghae, “You know how hard it is for me to let you go, dear. We have never been apart before.”

Throwing his own arms around his mother, Donghae said, “But I am ready, mom. I need to learn to be responsible and stand with my own feet. I need to be the back bone of this family soon.”

“But dear, I am the one not ready,” tears flowed down his mom’s face and Donghae knew it. He tightened his arms.

“You need to believe that I can do things myself. That I can make my own bed, I can tie my shoes and necktie, and I can do magical things correctly. Then you will be ready.”

Donghae did not realize, but his magic was sending warmth to his mother and that was enough to convince her that it was time to let go a little. Kissing her son’s cheeks, and they finally made their way out of the house and to King’s Cross Station.

Hand in hand, the mother and son walked through the barrier between platforms nine and ten together. A wide smile spread upon Donghae’s face as he came face to face with the Hogwarts Express, a scarlet steam engine. Parents and children filled the wide platform nine and three quarters.

They still had five minutes before the clock ticked eleven and the train would leave exactly at that time. Once more, Donghae found himself in a warm embrace; his mother’s. He would miss it, he knew, but he was not going to tell his mom that. His mom had had enough reasons to not let him go already; she did not need another one.

2 minutes left, and Donghae finally managed to make his mom let go of him. With a kiss on his mother’s cheek, he ran into the nearest empty compartment he found. His trunk had been taken care off, Donghae sat, looking out the window and waving at his mom until he couldn’t see her anymore. This is it! He leaned back against the seat, with a ghost of a smile apparent on his face.

He was just about to fall asleep when a faint knock was heard. Donghae sat up straight and waited to see who it was sliding open the door. A boy, first year like he was, with a jet black hair and a pair of round glasses on him, walked in while staring down.

“Is there an empty seat?” Donghae heard the soft, shy question.

Intrigued by the lack of enthusiasm he usually saw in other kids his age, Donghae said, “Yes. I am the only person sitting in here. Take a seat.”

Donghae offered a smile after the boy settled in and was returned with a small one from him. For a moment, they sat there in silence. Donghae bit his bottom lip, slightly uncomfortable as the boy did not even try to make eye contact with him stared out the window. Not talking when he was with someone most of the time made him felt queasy. So, Donghae attempted to start a talk.

“Hey, I am Lee Donghae. A first-year in Hogwarts. And you?”

“I… emm…” the boy scratched his forehead, “I am sorry. I don’t know how to make –”

Donghae gasped as he saw the infamous lightning bolt shaped scar on the boys, “You are –“ he cut himself off as he realized he was being too loud. Donghae gulped and lower down his voice, “You are Harry Potter?”

Harry’s cheeks started heating up, but he nodded, making Donghae large eyes widened even more.

Gaping, Donghae thought of what to say to the saviour of the Wizarding World. He was awed, amazed and he had admired Harry Potter. But, despite his enthusiasm in meeting the boy, he noticed how Harry Potter looked embarrassed with Donghae knowing and gawking at him. So, he said, “That’s cool. Nice knowing you, Harry Potter.” Donghae held out his hand and Harry, who looked shock because he was not bombarded with questions about his heroic status, smiled genuinely and grasped the hand.

That was the beginning of their friendship. Instead of Harry telling about his life, it was Donghae who did most of the talking. He told the boy with emerald eyes behind his glasses all that he could about the Wizarding World. He was surprised when Harry said he did not know a lot of things, but was more than happy to enlighten him with all the information he found someone his age needed to know.

The compartment door slid open, cutting Donghae off as he was explaining Quidditch to Harry. Three boys entered and Harry immediately recognized one of them; a pale boy he had met while getting his uniform fitted.

While the famous boy's attention was on the blonde, Donghae had his eyes on another boy. He had seen him before, if he was right. The other boy's hair was gray - or was it purple? Donghae was not sure – with brown eyes, like Donghae. He did not know why, but he kept on staring.

Donghae had missed the first part of Harry's interaction with the blonde boy, but he heard when the boy his eyes were on was introduced, "This is Crabbe," the blonde boy pointed at a boy, who looked thickset and mean, before he turned to the other, "And this is Lee Hyukjae." I will definitely not forget that, Donghae mused. He was about to hold out his hand, oh yes, but his intention to befriend him immediately deflated when Donghae learned who the blonde boy was, "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." Donghae snorted when he heard it. The blonde turned to him, “You got a problem with that?”

“Except for the fact that you are a Malfoy, nope, not at all,” the sarcasm was clear in Donghae’s voice.

“Oh, it’s you, Donghae? Long time no see. How’s daddy?” that and the smirk on the blonde’s face boiled Donghae’s blood and he stood. Harry seemed to know that he was about to attack the blonde as the black hair boy grabbed his arm. But Draco did not stop taunting, though, “You know, he really should have stayed loyal to my father. Nothing would have happened if he wasn’t a blood traitor, don’t you agree?”

“Go away, Malfoy!” Harry now had to hold both of Donghae’s arms and pulled him back to stop him.

“I am not here to talk to you! I’m here to remind Potter,” Draco turned his gaze to Harry, “That some Wizarding families are better than others. You don’t want to get and mess around with the wrong sort, Potter. I can help you there,” he held out a hand toward Harry, just like Donghae did.

But, unlike what happened with Donghae, Harry refused to take the hand, “I think I can tell the wrong sort by myself, thanks.” He pulled Donghae down back to the seat and looked out the window, effectively making Draco’s cheek turned pink with embarrassment of Harry Potter not excepting his offer of friendship.

Draco was about to scream when the boy with the silvery hair put a hand on his shoulder, “Let’s go back to our compartment, Draco.”

Donghae had almost forgotten the boy who had caught his attention. What was his name? Oh yeah, Lee Hyukjae.When he heard him talking, he couldn’t stop himself from looking at the boy.

Draco huffed, “You be careful, Harry Potter! Be – ”

Hyukjae, nodding slightly to Donghae with something akin to an apologetic smile, slid the door open and forcefully pulled Draco out, followed by Crabbe who had done nothing but stood there with them. Donghae kept staring, though no one was standing in the door way anymore. I hate them, all of them! But, Hyukjae does not seem so bad. LEE DONGHAE! He is a friend of Malfoy! Whoever close to that ferret might be not bad but definitely not good! Stop thinking about how cute he is! Donghae berated himself.

Suddenly, the door slid shut. When Donghae turned to Harry, he realized the boy had done wandless magic without himself realizing it. No wonder he is the boy who lived.


 

That's chapter one~ It's more like an introduction I guess as we see all our main characters there with their descriptions. Not much interaction between Donghae and Hyukjae yet but we are getting there. It will take some time for them to be close of course.

P.S. Yes, they are eleven. But they will grow up and get older. I am not sure whether I will stop until they finish Hogwarts or until they start living in the Wizarding World like adults. Hmm... well, that is something to be thought later. So do tell me whether you like it and your opinion?

P.P.S They thoughts will be in present tense while the story will be in past tense.