Final

Hey Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dara-shi, please let us in." The nurses blubbered as innumerable knocks were thrown against her private room's door. "The doctor needs to check you up." 

"I don't want to. Tell that stupid doctor not to come near me, I'm not sick! What's wrong with your eyes?" the blonde girl screeched exasperatedly as she covered her head with the bed cover. Then, there was silence. It gave her the impression that the annoying nurses got tired of persuading her to open the door, not until...

"Dara-shi, patients aren't supposed to lock their selves inside a hospital room. You're here because you're sick, please open up." An imperturbable voice spoke.

Dara sat up, hearing that voice made her heart skip a bit – he sounds so cool. She shook her head in all determination. I won't fall for that – this is unmistakably a strategy to get me open that damn door. "Who are you?" She investigated, her voice hesitant. Both feet reaching for her bunny slippers, she strained her ears, waiting for him to answer.

"I want to introduce myself face to face, please open the door." The boy proposed in a very casual manner – a bit suspicious but who cares? Seventeen year old girls like her would be normally interested with cool/sophisticated/handsome nurses, is it not?

Dara wanted to punch herself in extreme disbelief – why the hell was she thinking erted stuff? Cool/sophisticated/handsome nurses weren't exactly the reason why she wanted to be a doctor. Duh? Yet nevertheless, she found herself standing in front of the big white door just because hearing his voice made her heart flutter. But nope, she won't admit that out loud.

"Tell me, why are they still keeping me here? I want to go home. I have a life to continue, you know. I think I'm totally fine–"

"I'll explain to you when you open up the door." The guy replied benevolently.

Dara aversely stirred the door knob but not before she says, "I don't want anyone else coming in, okay? I'll allow you because you have a lot of explaining to do." She lied using a murderous tone – of course, she only wanted to see how the owner of the striking voice looked like, "I really hate people playing tricks on me."

She leaned her ears against the door. Doing this, she heard a few voices exchanged inaudible whispers before the man with the cool voice gasped, "Alright." And then she opened the door.

She found herself facing a dazzling raven-haired boy, his stunning midnight blue eyes meeting her own set of caramel orbs – and then she realized, the tenacious nurses that were supposed to be standing before him had miraculously disappeared – good!

She stared at him from head to toe, he wasn't wearing the usual nurses' uniform but a black pants underneath a thin white coat – that like a doctor's when they're on a duty with a stethoscope hanging loosely over his chest. It was then that Dara rolled her eyes in distraught, "Ah, as I thought. I've been tricked, you're not a cool sophisticated handsome nurse! You're a doctor." She indicted, a bit disappointed but nonetheless, pleased with how her personal doctor looked so gorgeous. She'd probably prefer him more than any cool sophisticated handsome nurse – but still, he tricked her. That's unforgivable!

She was about to slam the door close but failed when the doctor forced his way inside. "I may be cool, sophisticated and handsome but whoever said I was a nurse in the first place? You just assumed that." The boy countered the accusation composedly.

"Still," Dara eyed him suspiciously, "You look young to be a doctor."

The young man chuckled, "I'll take that as a compliment, Dara. I'm Kwon Jiyong, I'll be your doctor from today onwards…"

"That's clearly not a compliment. That's an insult, sir." The blonde girl wearing a hospital gown charged as she rolled her eyes. Dara walked – more like stomped actually – back to her hospital bed, "Look, doctor." She began, her voice filled with sarcasm, "I'm a very healthy girl so I don't see the point of you people keeping me in here. One, I have to attend school – I wouldn't afford to fail at any subject no matter how minor it could be because I have a scholarship to keep. Second, is this hospital keeping me a hostage or something?" she scoffed as she crossed her legs, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach – oh, the innocent feelings of being a teenager!

"I'm a runaway, doctor. Please tell that to your superiors. My father won't pay you a single penny in exchange of my head."

Jiyong smiled warmly as he walked towards the blonde girl, "You talk like you're not sick at all. What a strong child?"

"A seventeen-year-old girl with an oozing appeal like mine wouldn't be considered a child, mind you." She smirked arrogantly, quite proud of her assets.

The doctor smirked, "I agree–" This made Dara's jaw drop. What have she done? Did she just seduce him? "–I also came here to flirt with you." He let out a chortle earning him a death glare from the lady. "Perhaps, the hospital is saving you to be the bride of their heir, hm?"

She felt shivers run up and down her spine, "B-bride? Hah!" Dara laughed out loud, "There's no way that would happen."

Jiyong leaned closer, making Dara lean back against the headboard. The doctor opened his mouth and held up a pen light, "Please say, Aaah."

Dara blinked for a few seconds and as she realized what he was about to do, she shook her head and muffled a "No!" as she pursed her lips tight.

"Come on," the gorgeous doctor purred like he was pleading.

The blonde couldn't help but blush furiously. Too bad, she won't fall for something as petty as that. Not even her most favorite artist could make her do something she said she won't do, "I don't want to–Aaaah!"

And again, the doctor sneered as he checked on . Apparently, he was pinching her cute little nose to force her to open . It was a poor strategy for a doctor he would admit – yet it worked perfectly fine for someone as stubborn as the blonde – just that, he'll surely deal with bruises later.

When he let her go, she panted for her dear life as he scribbled some notes on the patient's official record. "What kind of doctor tries to kill his patient? Are you really a licensed doctor?" Dara yelled in fury as she tried to normalize her breathing.

The boy grinned, "For your information, I just passed the Medical Board Exam, Dara-yah."

"Oh, dear Kami… Just how screwed has the Medical Board Exam had become for him to be able to pass that abstruse test." She feigned a worried face as she looked up at the ceiling and back to the young man, "And this hospital hired you? What kind of hospital is this? Why are they letting a newbie take care of me?" the blonde wailed dramatically, "I demand a refund!"

The young doctor chuckled, "Refund?" He cocked his brow, "You're not even paying the bills here. That's probably why they sent a newbie like me to be your doctor, no?"

Flustered, Dara seethed in anger and embarrassment, "Ahhh!" Her delicate hand balled into a fist, "Still, hospitals must value their patients' lives. You're going to kill your patient, you know! I'm not a guinea pig."

"Oh," the raven-haired boy looked away, feeling hurt. "I guess I'm not good enough for your taste, eh?" He sighed dejectedly as he set down the record book. Dara felt a pang of guilt hit her as she watched the doctor tried to pick himself up together. Maybe she said too much.

"To be honest, although I was able to finish Medicine… I wasn't really planning to take the board exam. It's just that, my wife got in an accident and it was her greatest dream to be a licensed doctor."

The blonde felt a bit disillusi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter