Roller Rink

Roller Rink - Sungyeol

Brightly colored lights mirrored off of the freshly lacquered wood floor, commonly known songs happily pulsated through the large speakers around the open rink. Looking around your eyes went wide as you glanced back over at Sungyeol then over at the skaters that made it look so easy.

"Thank you" Sungyeol smiled as he took his receipt and stuffed it in his pocket before sliding his hand into yours. "Ready?"

"Sungyeol…" You started as you held him back from walking any further into the rink his body turning around and facing yours, "I don’t know how…"

"That is okay, it is really easy to learn" He says, his thumb gently running over your fingers, "Besides the guys say that I am a good teacher!"

With a little of his convincing, you nodded your head and headed over to where you traded your shoes for roller skates. Slipping off your sneakers you grabbed the brown leather skates and walked over to a bench against the wall.

Sungyeol sat next to you as he pulled the laces and loosened them a little to slide his foot through. Pulling the laces tight and tying a bow to keep the laces in place, he pulled his jeans over the top of the skate as he saw you fiddling with the laces and the skates.

Both of his skates were securely tied to his feet before he knelt before you and helped you slip in your feet and tie up the laces. Standing up on his feet, he rolled the skates a little as he held out his hand for you.

"Can we watch them for a while?" You requested hesitantly, becoming really nervous to skate with him. Thinking how you would look silly and probably fall a lot, you really didn’t want to embarrass yourself on a date with Sungyeol.

"Just one song and then we will go out there" Sungyeol held up one finger with a smile, sliding your hand into his, he steadied you while you stood up and gained your balance on the four wheels.

Watching everyone skate in the same direction to a slow song, the lights and atmosphere changed, the disco ball came down and the white lights came out making it romantic and sweet for the slow song. Tightening your grip on his hand, you carefully moved over the carpet. Looking over at you, he smiled and held your hand a little tighter.

The song came to an end, the song changed and so did the lights, helping the mood become light and happy.

"I don’t know about this Sungyeol" You confessed at the edge of the entrance into the rink.

"Come on, we will take it nice and slow, and if you don’t like it after five laps we will stop" He reassured you, taking both of your hands, he coaxed you out onto the wood floor, everyone moved around you.

Gripping onto the wall, you pulled yourself along while Sungyeol easily skated next to you.

"You know, you won’t fall if you let go of the wall" He giggled and wrapped his hand around your wrist and pulled one hand away from the wall. Letting out a little squeal, you widened your eyes and looked at him.

"Don’t you trust me?" He looked into your eyes, in that moment, everything seemed to melt away, his brown orbs were the only thing that you saw while his gentle encouraging touch persuaded you to skate with one hand off of the wall.

With a little more help, you took your other hand off of the wall. Scooting along the rail, Sungyeol enjoyed the music and tried to help you get a little better, helping you enjoy it more.

"Change direction" The man over the speakers came on and you slowed down.

Looking over at Sungyeol, he smiled at you and took both of your hands in his. Doing all of the work, he pulled you around, however, when your laces looped around the axle of your skate, you tripped forward. Trying to catch yourself, you grabbed for anything and everything, pulling it down with you.

Feeling yourself fall, you braced yourself for the impact, yet when your fingers tightened around the familiar fabric of Sungyeol’s shirt, you closed your eyes and waiting for the inevitable. Falling on top of a firm yet comfortable object, you felt something press up against your lips. Snapping your eyes open, you looked down at Sungyeol looking back up at you, his eyes open and your lips touching his. Your fingers tightened around the fabric of his shirt, everything melted away while your heart beat faster, wanting to kiss him for a long time and with your feelings towards him, you quickly sat up and looked around nervously as you tried to hide your blushing cheeks.

"I’m s-so so sorry" You whispered as you tried to stand up, however you just ended up falling on top of him again. Pushing himself up off of the wood floor, he sat up with you still sitting on his lap.

"It is okay, we all fall" Sungyeol whispers as he tucks some hair behind your ear.

Standing up, he helped you up after before he laced his fingers between yours. Taking it nice and slow, you rose your hand up to your lips, gently brushing the tips of your fingers against your bottom lip. Glancing over at Sungyeol you saw the crimson tint on his cheeks as well.

Going around exactly five laps, he slowed down by the exit before he turned to look at you.

"Did you want to keep skating or go home?" He asks you, swinging your hand between the two of you.

"Let’s keep skating. I kind of like it" You smiled and squeezed his hand back a little. A smile curled onto his lips, nodding his head he pushed off of the wall and moved around the rink a little faster since you were getting the hang of it.

Some dancing songs came over the speakers as the two of you happily did the well known moves while you sang happily. Sungyeol tried out his voices and made you laugh with his fun, playful nature. Making the time pass quickly, the two of you stayed until closing time.

Trading your skates back for your shoes, everyone filed out of the building as the two of you laughed off the night and talked about the different skaters that you saw.

Arriving at your doorstep, he turned and faced you with a smile.

"Thanks for coming with me tonight, I am glad that you had fun" Sungyeol smiled and took your other hand into his.

"I had a ton of fun! We should go back for sure!" You smiled forgetting all about the accidental kiss that you two shared.

"Then we will!" Sungyeol nodded with a bright smile, "Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Of course!" You nodded your head happily, before you saw his eyes move down and glance down at your lips before he looked back up into your eyes.

Stepping closer to you, he brushed his thumb over your fingers while his eye contact with you made your heart start to pick up. Trying to read his eyes, you saw his head slightly tilting to one side, while his eyes were still trying to read yours. Glancing down at his lips, you felt his warm, shaking breath brush over your lips. Stepping a little closer to him, you closed your eyes as he smiled slightly before he pressed his lips on yours on purpose.

A few seconds later, he started to move his lips slightly against yours, his head tilting more to capture your lips better. One of his hands released from yours before he placed his free hand on your side and slid it around to your back, puling you a little closer to him.

With the kiss getting a little too much for you to handle for one night, you pulled back from the kiss a little. The kiss broke as Sungyeol looked into your eyes with his glistening ones.

"Thanks for tripping" He whispered as his thumb gently rubbed against your back.

"Thank you for the real kiss" You blushed and looked down at the ground, "I didn’t hurt you when I fell on you a few times, right?"

"Oh no, you didn’t hurt me, besides your kiss made me all better if I was hurt" He chuckled a little before wrapping his arms around you.

Snaking your arms around him too, your head gently rested on his chest as you heard his racing heart. Knowing that your feelings for him were reciprocated, you smiled and relaxed into his warm embrace.

"Have sweet dreams tonight" He whispered before you two pulled away from the hug. Looking up into his eyes, you saw his true feelings for you.

"I will, be safe walking home okay?" You widened your eyes slightly for concern.

"Okay" He smiled and retracted his arms from you.

Punching in your house code, you pushed the door open and stepped inside just a little, he waved at you and you waved back before he turned around and headed back up the path to the sidewalk. Sliding his fingers into his pockets he smiled and slowly walked away, looking back at you watching him. Making a heart with his hands he blew it to you, blowing one back to him you watched him leave from your sight. Closing the door behind you, you smiled and headed off to your room to have sweet dreams of Sungyeol and you together.