In Loving Memory (of you)

In Loving Memory

 

"Junhyung?" a soft and quiet whisper filled the room, from somwhere down low. "Yeah?" the elder replied, as he opened his eyes again. Bathing in dark, with only the moon shining weakly, the room looked really peaceful. "Did I wake you up?" Yoseob asked in a whisper, to not disturb the sleeping people in the rooms nearby. 
 
Breathing calmly, Junhyung tried to adjust his vision, to at least see the silouette of the other, who was sleeping on the spare bed right besides, as he turned to lay on his side. "No, I wasn't sleeping" he replied, and tried to see Yoseob in the dark. "Can... Can I lay in your bed?" the younger asked. and even though they didn't see eachother's faces, Junhyung could see the longing. The longing to be loved by someone. 
 
Remaining quiet for a while, Junhyung just streched out his hand, with the open palm up, as a sign for Yoseob to take his hand. "Okay". They were so used to this. Falling asleep, together, holding hands. He knew that those moments, even if it was just small gestures, he knew that it meant a lot to the other. 
 
And secretly, it meant a lot to him too. 
 
He heared how the sheets shuffled, and Yoseob slowly crawled over to Junhyung's bed. The small figure laid down right besides, and lifted the older's cover, to slip underneath it. For a split second, the cold air of the room brushed against Junhyung's body, and he shivered. Although, even faster, he felt Yoseob's warm back being pressed against his chest, and the warmth overwhelmed him.
 
Yoseob's thin body that so desperatly pressed itself against Junhyung, it was so warm, just like it had so much love to give. Junhyung knew it so well, he knew that Yoseob loved him as a friend, but yet some times, he was afraid that it could be something more. Although, he didn't dare to ask, he didn't dare, because he knew that one wrong move, and they maybe never would sleep together like that. And it was one of the things that they treasured most about their friendship, he couldn't afford to lose it. 
 
 Carefully laying his arm around the younger, Junhyung took a couple of deep breaths, as he felt his fingers getting locked together with Yoseob's. "You mean so much to me. Good night Junhyung. " the younger whispered, before he closed his eyes. "Good night Yoseob" Junhyung replied, and rested his head close to the other's. 
 
He could feel the faint smell of Yoseob's shampoo, as the other's hair almost touched his face. The younger hadn't moved for a couple of minutes, so Junhyung assumed that he already had fallen asleep. Inhaling the smell, he just closed his eyes, and tried to save the moment. When he felt hair tickling his nose, he carefully moved the streak of perfect brown hair, to not wake the other up. 
 
Out of all the nights Junhyung slept well, the most of them was when Yoseob was around. He fell asleep like he had been exhausted, the eyelids dropping as soon as he had stopped arguing in his mind. When he woke up, the first thing he saw was an angels face, just staring at him. He was always surprised to find someone in his bed, but with time, he got used to it.
 
And he had to say it, he loved being woken up by the featherlike touch of Yoseob's body. 
 
 
 
"Can I lend one of your hoodies?" Yoseob asked cutely, as he looked worried out through the window. It was raining, but they had been lucky while walking outside, they got in just in time to not be drenched by the water. "Why, your clothes aren't even wet?" Junhyung chuckled, and went forward to mess up the other's hair a bit, just to receive a smile back. 
 
"But I like wearing your clothes. They smell like you". Being completely honest, Yoseob looked at Junhyung, and waited for a reaction. He loved the wierd smell of the other, even though it almost always was diffrent. No matter which one it was, it was mixed with something that only smelled like Junhyung. 
 
It was like he was addicted to it, he didn't want to be without it for too long. "Uh, I had no idea that I smelled nice" Junhyung smiled sheepishly, in the same time as he walked over to his closet, starting to look through the pile of hoodies. Smiling, Yoseob plopped down on the bed, a bright pink painting his cheeks. "You do!" he just said, in his perfect light voice that no one could get enough of. 
 
In that moment, Junhyung thought of the fact, that he loved Yoseob's smell too. There was something unique about it, in a diffrent way. It smelled like clean sheets, but not in a boring way, they smelled more like the FEELING of clean sheets. The smell made Junhyung relax, and just take it easy. In the same time, clean sheets could be found anywhere, but Yoseob's smell, was one and only. Proably the best one of them all. 
 
Throwing one of his favourite pieces of clothing at the younger boy, Junhyung took a seat besides. "Here you go, but I want it back one day, hoodie sniffer!" he laughed, before he casually laid down and rested his head in Yoseob's lap. "Sure" the younger replied, and immediatly started to play with Junhyung's straight black hair, smiling.
 
 
 
Standing and holding the hoodie, Junhyung watched it disbelief. He weren't sure if he wanted to smell it. The first time he had gotten it back, it smelled just like Yoseob. Exactly the way he always smelled. Now, a year later, Junhyung had no idea what Yoseob smelled nowadays. He wouldn't get to know either. 
 
With a shaking hand, he brough the material up to his nose, and inhaled. 
It smelled Yoseob. Even though it had been one year. 
 
"I wish that I never lost you" Junhyung whispered sadly, as he dropped the piece of clothing into the washing basket. He didn't want to feel that lovely, unique, clean sheets smell anymore.