Should've Told Me

Can't Tell You 2

"Oh shoot! I'm late!"

 

I looked for my car keys to my Mustang which was on the floor next to the front door. I put on my shoes & slammed the front door. I got in my car & drove to my best friend's house. It's a 15 minutes drive from my house to hers but today it took me 10 minutes. I saw her house & her standing on the driveway, waiting for me. I turned off my car & got out. I walked to her & gave her a hug.

 

You smell nice, Sica..

 

"Hey Sica, ready to go?"

 

I asked her & she nodded. She got into the passenger seat. After she closed the door, she tried to put on her seatbelt but she couldn't. I leaned over to her to help her. I heard her held her breath. I almost dropped my gum from being so close to her & to make it worse, my hands were sweaty from anxiety. I the engine & drove to our favorite place, the park where we first met each other. From her house to the park is thrity minutes. The whole thirty minutes was murder! I hate silence but Jessica seems to like so we would never talk even though we sometimes understand each other. There was some things I want to say but I'll wait at the park. I found a parking spot & we got out of the car & went to an empty table. Jessica sighed & stretched her arms.

 

"Tired?"

 

I asked her & again, she nodded. I looked around the park & saw this weird looking tree. It intrigued me. I scratched my head.

 

"I wonder how old that tree is.."

 

"Cut it down & count the rings. It will tell you it's age." I just laughed.

 

"To much work, Sica & how did you know?"

 

"Bio major, Soo.."

 

"Oh yeah. I hate biology." Science was never my forte. That & math.

 

"Its the study of life. Its interesting."

 

"I hate life so no point of studying about it." Jessica cringed.

 

I do hate life. I hate how I can never have the confidence to do what I want to do. Take my relationship with my boyfriend, Siwon for example. I didn't say I don't love him; its just not in that way..I do love him but as a brother. Our families are close to each other so being with him is a given but I want to be with someone else. I want to be with someone I love. I want to be with Jessica..

 

There was silence for a while. I decided to forget about that for a while & looked up to the sky. I closed my eyes & just soaking in the sun. I want to stay like this forever..Maybe I should tell her now. I need to tell her now before it's too late..

 

"Soo, I need to tell you something.." I'll wait after she tell me what she wants to tell me.

 

"What do you want to tell me, Sica?"

 

I looked at her, giving her my full attention. She was about to open but my phone rang & Siwon's picture showed up on the caller id.

 

"Hold that thought, Sica; Siwon is calling me." I picked up the phone.

 

"Hey, baby.."

 

"Hey, oppa..what's up?"

 

"Oh nothing, just miss you; & I need to remind you about our family dinner tomorrow."

 

"Okay.."

 

"So wear something nice even though everything you wear makes you beautiful.."

 

"Well.." I was blushing & I looked at Jessica. She smiled & then she walked off to another part of the park. I talked to Siwon-oppa for a little bit more & hung up. I walked down the path that Jessica took & saw the sleeping beauty on a bench. I sat down on the bench & start drawing circles on her hand. She didn't open her eyes.

 

"Sorry.." I apologized.

 

'Its okay; What did Siwon-oppa say?"

 

"He just want to talk to me about our upcoming family dinner.."

 

"Oh."

 

I was hoping for something more from her. I wanted her to tell me that she loves me as much as I love her & I want her to tell me to break up with Siwon to be with her but that didn't came.

 

"What did you want to tell me, Sica?"  Maybe this time, she will...

 

"Nothing, lost my train of thought."