Prologue

This one's for you

       

  PROLOGUE

 

                                                               

I held the passport in my hands tightly. I was finally here in South Korea. It's a place I only dreamed about visiting and now I was finally here. Okay, so I was here on a business trip – but it still counts. I was only staying here for a week. I had two days for relaxation and the rest of the week would be spent working non-stop. I sighed. It felt weird being here on my own. The rest of the staff already rushed to their taxis, making a mad dash to whatever hotel the boss picked out for us. I'm guessing they were all jet-lagged and wanted to get some rest. However, I was in no rush.

My phone started to buzz. I rolled my eyes as I looked at my notifications. Of course, it would be those two. I scrolled through the messages.

 

Toni: DONNA!

Nina: DONNA!

Nina: As leader, I demand you to respond.

Toni: She should of landed by now. :c

Nina: DONNA

Nina: DONNA

Donna: You two are so clingy. What do you want?

Toni: Don't be rude, Donna!

Nina: Yeah, we're being nice checking up on you...

Donna: I'm fine! I'm going to my hotel room now.

Nina: Is that a code for Rome's bedroom or something?

Donna: If you don't shut up, I'm leaving this chat group.

Nina: I love you too. ♥

Toni: Bye Donna ~ stay safe!

 

My heart started to race at the mention of his name. The leader from C-Clown was one of my kpop biases. It would probably be safe to say he was my ultimate bias. He was just perfect in every way, and in my opinion his biggest flaw was the fact that he had none. It was frustrating. However, how could I really know, right? I'm just a fan. I started getting lost in my thoughts. What a nice birthday present it would be if I got to just see him. I bit my lip as I checked his twitter. His last tweet was an hour ago, just a picture of him looking sleepy towards the camera with the caption, “Early morning tomorrow. Night crowns.”

 

I mentally kicked myself, what did I expect? For him to be near the airport for him to take me away somewhere? I put my phone away before I got any more distracted. I looked at the time. It was only 9 pm, but I should start heading to the hotel too. I took my luggage and got into the taxi.

 

When I arrived at the location I was a bit surprised. The hotel wasn't fancy but it looked out of place surrounded by the locally owned stores. I was expecting to be near the city, around people and loud noise – but it was very quiet here. I noticed there wasn't an abundance of young people around, mostly elderly. To me, it seemed like a strange place for a Hotel to be at. I shrugged it off as I entered the building.

 

I handed the front desk my reservation and they gave me the room key. Our company had the second floor booked for employees. My room wasn't anything too special. It was cozy. I checked my phone one last time telling my friends goodnight as I dozed off to thoughts on what to for my day off tomorrow.

 

I awoke startled to a loud noise. A banging at my door. I groaned. Please don't let it be him. Please don't let it be him.

Donna! Wake up! I called your phone about 10 times! I know you're awake” my boss's voice roared through the door. I groaned. Today was supposed to be my day off. He continued banging on my door. I growled in anger as I put on my robe and answered the door.
“I know, before you get mad, I know it's your day off but I just need ONE favor. Just one! Stop making that face, Donna. Someone screwed up at the office and one of our important clients are furious. I need you to go in person and make it right” The boss pleaded. 

“Can't you just do it over the phone?” I groaned as I grabbed a nearby pillow to scream in.
“You know we can't. We tried. The client won't listen to us until we send someone out. Here's the address. It's not too far, pay the taxi fee with the company credit card. You're the only one I trust with this Donna, the others would screw this up. You know how unreliable they could be” The boss pleaded once more. I sighed, and his face lit up.
“Thank you, Donna! I promise I'll make it up to you somehow” The boss yelled happily as he left the room.
“How about a raise!” I called out after him as I threw the pillow down in anger.

 

I worked for a website hosting company, one of the biggest in my country. A lot of businesses depend on websites these days, clothing stores, entertainment, and food delivery. We had a huge client list, and the more they paid us the more attention (help) they received from us. If one of our big clients was threatening to move to another hosting company it could screw us over really bad. I wonder what those idiots at the office did to screw this up? I sighed.

 

I arrived at the building. It was only 10 minutes away from my hotel but I was already in a completely different side of town. The apartment complex looked a lot fancier than the hotel I was staying at. I sighed as I looked down. In just my jeans and white shirt I looked completely out of place here. I was already getting eyed at suspiciously by women who looked like they wore my summed annual pay around their neck. I felt small as I walked in with my head down.

 

I walked over to the front desk who eyed me with the same suspicion as the previous women. They reached over the phone and after a minute they cleared me to go to the 3rd floor. 
As soon as I got off the elevator a middle aged man ran to me.

 

“You're from the website company right?” He spoke quickly and nervously. I nodded and he ran ahead of me. I followed after him. Was he my client? He seems a bit... weird. Plus, shouldn't the client be furious and not nervous? I kept my distance.
“Hurry, he's furious. He won't leave his room until it's fixed” The man bit his lip as he stood near the door. He knocked three times before he put they key in the door and motioned me to get in. I walked in carefully as the man ran off. I sighed to myself. So, he wasn't even staying? How scary is this client anyway?

 

 

“Hello? I'm Donna. I'm with the hosting company” I called out as I looked around.


There was no response until I heard a crash nearby in one of the rooms. I rushed to the room and I gasped.

 

In front of me was a very angry Barom.

 

 


 

Author's Note

So I decided to write this into a seperate piece to make it easier on your eyes. This is the small details before the actual Barom / You starts. I hate writing details, can you tell? 
Also, yes, I wrote myself into the story along with Toni. Fight me.