one

Choice

Taemin had never really liked school. And he discovered this at an early age of six when he was first sent to kindergarten. He learned that crayons don’t taste as good as they seem even if they’re blue in colour which is Taemin’s favourite colour but after tasting the crayon, he isn’t so sure anymore. He learned that lining up for class during assembly is very boring because he doesn’t get it why all the other kids would want to stand in the front. He learned how to write which he didn’t like very much because after ABC, they expected him to know 1,2,3 too. But most importantly, he learned that generally if someone bites you, it is safe to assume that the person does not like you. This particular incident happened during the second month, third Tuesday when a girl by the name of Krystal decided to bite his arm really hard because Taemin refused to share his colour pencils with her. 

 

Now, where does all this lead up to?

 A seventeen year old Lee Taemin who is currently pinned to the wall behind an old building by man who looked no older than he did but an infinity times much more stronger. If the man wasn’t painfully hurting his wrists, Taemin swore that he would’ve fallen for the man’s dark golden eyes. Taemin isn’t exactly sure how got into this situation. He was walking back home after an exhausting dance practice when he was suddenly pulled and had this man smirking at him. Taemin doesn’t know why but he thinks those fang-like teeth the man has looks really y. 

 

“Yo-you can have my money.” Taemin stutters when he realises he has to actually defend himself from a person who seems to want to hurt him. Even if its by offering money to the man. Taemin honestly does not think though the man wants money because he seems pretty well-off by the way he was dressed. Gold cufflings and leather shoes.

“I don’t want money.” The man spoke, his face inching closer to Taemin’s and Taemin is pretty sure he is about to get which in his opinion would really badly given he’s never done anything ual with anyone besides the occasional making-out session with an on and off again boyfriend who goes by the name of Kim Jonghyun.

“Wh-what do you want?” 

“ I want to taste you.” the man says and his voice, Taemin just realised how deep the man’s voice was in contrast to his young facial features. The man was oddly beautiful and Taemin isn’t really sure whether he has the time to contemplate about how beautiful his to-be is. He decides he doesn’t have the time and proceeds to kick the man in the crotch. Taemin is sure that he kicked really hard but the man didn’t even winced. 

“What makes you think you’ll be able to hurt me?” the man says with a smirk before Taemin can feel his breath lingering around the nape of his neck. Taemin wants to scream but he lost his voice. And before he could react in any way at all, he felt something sharp pierce his neck.

Was the man actually biting him? Taemin couldn’t think of any rational thoughts. Especially when the man occasionally made little delightful moans while doing his deed.

When the man finally pulled away, Taemin could see a little trail of blood going down the man’s lower lip. His face seemingly satisfied.

“I usually kill my prey.” The man says to him and Taemin finally realises that the man is a not human. How could a human blood out of another human? Which therefore leads to a conclusion in Taemin’s brain that the man is most probably a vampire.He didn’t know those kind of creatures actually existed these days. And it is kind of terrifying that they do-exist.

“If you’re going to kill me-“ Taemin starts to say because if he was going to die, he wants to at least call his parents and say goodbye.

“I’m not going to kill you. It’d be a waste really.” The man says as he wipes the blood off his lower lip and his thumb clean.

“Are you going to let me go?”

“My name is Choi Minho.”

“You’re not going to let me go?” Taemin questioned when the man seemed to not have any intentions of letting him go.

“I’ll visit you again sometime soon.”

 

 

 

And Taemin is pretty sure that Choi Minho does not like him at all because the man just bit him. Based on experience, people who bite you definitely does not like you. Especially when they leave a mark a big as Minho did.

 

When Minho said he would visit him, Taemin did not expect to see the man in his bed two nights later when he got home from a movie. Unsure of what to do, Taemin ran into his bathroom and locked it. He panicked especially when he knows what Minho wants. He panicked a little bit more when he saw his old wounds in the bathroom mirror, remembering again how much it hurt when the man bit him for the first time.

His actions weren’t very wise given that Minho still popped out behind him.

“What makes you think you can run away from me?” Minho smiles a small smile at him.

“What makes you think I’ll let you bite me again?”

“What makes you think you have a say in this?”

 

 

The seventh time Minho fed on him ended up on slightly different note.

“If only you could taste yourself.” The man with the golden eyes said to him, his tone sounding awfully like he really did want Taemin to know how good he tasted.

“Th-that would be odd.” Taemin said as he tried to push the man off him. They were in his bed, the man on top of him. This kind of position Taemin would have gladly welcomed given how beautiful the man was. If only he wasn’t a vampire trying to the life out of him.

“If you’re like me, it wouldn’t be.”

“I wouldn’t want to be like you.”

“I wouldn’t want to be me either.” The man said before he kissed Taemin’s right cheek and disappearing in the night like all the other times. Taemin finds himself burning afters from the soft kiss on his skin.

 Now, he isn’t so sure anymore whether Minho likes him or hates him. Because bites equal to hate but kisses don’t. 

 

It was the next morning when Taemin received a little text from Kim Jonghyun. The boy who Taemin has been dating on and off from time to time. He isn’t exactly sure whether or not he loves Kim Jonghyun but he does know that he likes the boy. He knows Jonghyun feels the same way about him too. They just like spending time with each other knowing it wouldn’t lead to anything serious. Just shameless flirtations and the occasional touching because both of them are skinship-freaks.

 

From: Jonghyun

wanna hang princess? movie at eight?

 

To : Jonghyun 

stop calling me princess. 

 

From: Jonghyun

fairycakes then?

 

To: Jonghyun

bastard.ing bastard.

 

From : Jonghyun

movie?

 

To : Jonghyun

yeah.yeah. i’ll be there.

 

 

As Taemin got ready for his date-not-really-a-date , he could feel the presence of the vampire behind him. .Somehow the air in his room always turns cold when Minho is around.

“Where are you going?” the man asks him as he lay on the bed, his eyes watching Taemin started to button his shirt.

“Its really none of your concern.”

“Don’t be so rude sweetheart.” Minho chuckles. Taemin hates it that he likes seeing the happy look on Minho’s face.

“Says the man who bites me every single time he sees me.” He replies bitterly. Trying to cover as much as he could of the bite marks covering his neck. Its awfully confusing when the logic in Taemin’s brain is in contrast to Minho’s actions. The man bites him. You don’t bite someone you like. It is that simple in Taemin’s head but somehow Minho acts as though he likes Taemin very much. 

“It shows that I like you.” the creature replies as he stands up and hugs Taemin from the back. His lips lingering closely to the younger’s skin. 

“In my experience, people only bite you when they don’t like you.”

“Well then, should I convince you otherwise?” Minho says before his lips is pressed against the blonde’s neck.

“Don’t.” Taemin says in a firm voice as he tries to pull away. 

“Why not?” Minho asks back as he turns Taemin around to look at his face, pushing the boy against his dressing table. Hands gripping tightly on the boy’s waist.

“I-I have to meet up with someone.”

“Is it that  Jonghyun boy?” Minho asks. His tone sounding low and dangerous. Like he was going to go hurt someone.

“How would you know that?”

“You’re precious to me. Of course I would know everything about you.” Minho says as he closes the gap between them by hugging the blonde tightly. 

“Let me go. I’m going to be late.”

“I wouldn’t like it so much having that boy touch you.” Minho whispers in his ears.

“You’re not-you’re not my boyfriend to say things like that.” Taemin tries to say back.

“Why would you let me touch you if I wasn’t?” Minho questioned him back.

“You don’t exactly give me a choice to do otherwise.” Taemin couldn’t really put much of a fight given how iron tight Minho’s hug was caging him.

“Like I’m not exactly giving you a choice to leave me right now and go to that dog.”

“Its unfair.” Taemin mumbles in the man’s chest.

“Is it fair that you’re hurting me right now by wanting to go?” Minho says softly to him. 

“Is it fair that you’ve never exactly told me how you feel and expect me to listen to you?”

“ I want you.” the creature says.

“That’s not enough.”

“ I love you.” the creature finally admits.

“Then let me make my own choices.”

 

Minho left after that and Taemin cancelled his date. It would be too hard to explain to Jonghyun if the boy asks why he looks like he’s about to cry.

 

It was two nights later when Taemin hears a tap on his glass window. He went and opened it and saw Minho at the edge of his window pane.

“Would you let me in?” Minho asks and Taemin realises its probably Minho’s way of letting him decide for once what he wants.

“Okay.” the younger decides before letting the elder in. 

“Can I sit on your bed?”

“Yes.”

“Can I hug you?” he asks.

“Okay.” because Taemin knows he can’t really say no. 

It was the first night Minho came by without his blood. Taemin is started to get convinced that Minho might really mean his words when he said I love you to him. 

 

It didn’t take long before Taemin actually willingly lets Minho to bite him. Minho promised Taemin’s blood is the only one he’ll ever drink and Taemin realises he needs to eat a lot after this to prevent himself from fainting. Cranberry juice helps apparently. 

They spend more time together, talking and getting to know each other. Taemin likes that a lot. He likes it that Minho would ask him first about what he wants. He likes it that Minho would ask for permission to kiss him. He likes it when Minho would lay on his bed every night to keep him company. He likes how cold Minho’s skin is in contrast to his. He likes how Minho’s fangs would sometimes scratch his lower lip when they kiss. He likes how firm Minho’s grip is and how Minho always make him feel as light as a feather. 

Taemin knows he likes it an awful lot more when Minho calls him sweetheart and says words of love to him.

 

 

 

“How did you end up like this?” The younger asks one night when he and Minho were sitting on top of the roof. Well, Minho carried him up there. 

“Being undead? Someone like what I am today wanted a companion and decided I was the perfect human for her. She changed me.”

“Did it hurt?”

“Not as much as I thought it would.”

“Where is she now?”

“I killed her.”

“Oh.”

“She deserved it.”

“Are you going to change me too?”

“Wouldn’t it be unfair if I made that choice for you?”

“If I wanted to, would you?”

“It would be silly not to. I’d get to keep you for all my infinity years then.”

“Why me?” He asks because he wants to know.

“You’re the only one I know who can hurt me but won't.

 

 

 

Author's note: happy 2min anniversary.