Your Hand In Mine

Your Hand In Mine - Hoya

Pushing the little white button through the black slit in the shirt, Hoya’s fingers fiddled nervously as he let the button slip from his fingers, revealing the white shirt underneath. Trying to do the button for the hundredth time was getting old and Hoya was becoming more frustrated with how much time he was actually spending on putting a small button into it’s slit.

"Why are you getting dressed up?" Woohyun sang with a bright smile on his face.

Hoya’s head shot up from the difficult button on his shirt and saw Woohyun’s reflection in the mirror. Woohyun was scanning Hoya from head to toe, seeing his gelled hair, the black collared polo shirt over a white t shirt that was neatly tucked into dark jeans, the bottoms of his jeans hung down over his black and white Vans.

"O-Oh… I was going to go see if ______ was home" Hoya’s voice started to fade at your name, not wanting any more members to hear.

However, it was too late when the happy, bubbly Dongwoo popped over Woohyun’s shoulder.

"So you are going on a date with her? Finally?!" Dongwoo got more excited with every word, his feet almost leaving the floor until Hoya shook his head and returned his attention to his button that was still undone.

"I haven’t asked her on a date yet~" Hoya blushed a slight pink color as he slipped the button through the hole and looked up to fix his hair and to make sure everything is perfect.

"Then what are you going to do all nicely dressed?" Dongwoo said slowly while Hoya turned around to see both Woohyun and Dongwoo blocking the doorway.

"I am going to see ________" Hoya said pushing past the members as Sunggyu just chuckled on the couch.

"Why are you laughing Hyung?" Sungjong nudged Sunggyu’s leg for him to be quiet.

"Well, it is just the last time that Hoya claimed he was going to see her, he spent the whole night watching her through her window, he didn’t have the guts to even go up to her door and knock." Sunggyu held his stomach tightly as Woohyun chuckled along with Myungsoo.

"I am going to do it this time" Hoya called to s determined to knock on your door tonight.

"How will we know if you knocked?" Sungyeol lifted his eyes from the comic book that he was reading as the other members looked around at each other, puzzled.

"We could follow him~?" Dongwoo offered, the members shook their heads.

"Take her out to get ice cream and then come back and show us the receipt but she has to sign it!" Myungsoo says, sitting up a little in his armchair.

"That is silly" Hoya shook his head, "You know what, i will think of something~" Tapping his temple, he opened the door and quickly closed it behind him so that his band mates couldn’t say anything more.

With his heart already racing and just standing on his own doorstep, he didn’t know if he could go through with this. Closing his eyes a minute, he felt his phone in his pocket. Taking it out he quickly pulled up your number and your messages that you two had sent to each other over a few months ago.

Hey, are you going to be home tonight?

Hoya shook his head, deleting his message, he typed another one but it didn’t seem to fit. Heading down the stairs, he tapped his fingers against the hand rail while his mind started to wonder what you would be doing when he came over.

Would you even be home?

Thinking that it was worth a try, he headed to your small, one bedroom apartment. With the cool summer nights a nice break from the heat, he looked up at the clear sky, the stars twinkling like lights, his mind being set back at ease for a moment or two.

Arriving at your door step, Hoya looked at the door and pinched his bottom lip with his thumb and forefinger, pulling at his lip, he looked around and saw that your lights were on. Knowing that you were home, he felt his heart pick up pace, faster and faster it pounded while his mind debated if he should knock on the door or not.

Closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath, his knuckles hit the hard wood of the door before he started to shift on his feet awkwardly. The locks twisted and turned and before he knew it, he was standing across from you.

"Hey Hoya" You smiled and cocked one leg a little, happy that it wasn’t a solicitor.

"H-Hi" He choked out, his eyes fixated on yours; not saying another word.

"Why are you here?" You leaned against the door, after giving him some time to try and talk to you but he didn’t say a word.

"O-Oh right" He lifted his hand and rubbed the back of his neck, "I was just wondering, well if you want to that is…"

"Yes?" You tried to encourage him to finish his though.

"Do you want to get some ice cream with me? It is a beautiful night and I am buying" Hoya moved his hand from his neck and placed his spread out hand on his chest.

"What’s the occasion?" You widened your eyes and scanned Hoya’s appearance with your eyes.

"Just t-to celebrate the e-e-end of summer" Hoya stuttered from his nerves, shifting his weight on his feet.

"I see, well let me grab my shoes and then we can go." You stepped back from the door and slipped on your navy blue Nike tennis shoes.

Nodding his head, Hoya just waited for you outside of your door, slipping his fingers into his pockets of his jeans, he watched you put on your shoes but then glanced down at his toes and brushed one foot along your welcome mat.

"Let’s go" You smiled and closed your front door behind you, slipping your phone into the back pocket of your jean shorts.

Both of you walked down the street, your hand coming closet to his, it didn’t bother you but Hoya moved a little away from you. Taking in a deep breath, he closed his eyes for a second before he opened them back up and glanced over at you. Seeing you watch the lights on the street change and everyone that was out and about on this perfect summer evening.

"S-So how are things going?" Hoya tried to make small talk, feeling a little awkward.

"Good, really good, just working and doing school. So I am staying busy" You smiled and turned towards him, "What about you?"

"Busy as well, I got called to do a drama so that is something new and different that I am doing" Hoya smiled as you nodded your head.

"I am sure that you will do great" You smiled and nudged his shoulder with yours. Hoya’s eyes opened a little wider as he just laughed off his nerves, while running his hand on the back of his neck.

The two of you kept talking about some little things before you arrived at the small little ice cream shop. Hoya held the door open for you while the bell rang throughout the shop. Heading in first, the decorations around the cute shop reminded you of an older candy shop.

Peering up at the chalk board menu, you slid the toe of your shoe across the black and white checkered floor. Trying to decide on what to get.

"Remember, I’m paying" Hoya leaned over and whispered to you with a smile, already knowing what he is getting.

"I don’t want you to spend too much on me though" You dropped your eyes to your white shoe laces.

"It is okay, besides this is my idea" He whispered and started to talk to the elderly man behind the counter. Finalizing on your order, you smiled that the elderly man as his leather like skin wrinkled just beside his gentle, kind eyes.

"What will you be having tonight, Miss?" The crackling yet friendly voice of him made you smile.

"A vanilla cone please" You cooed, crossing your arms in front of you and spinning the silver ring around your thumb, with a nod of his head he looked over at Hoya.

"Make that two please" Hoya smiled and glanced over at you before he pulled out his wallet and paid for the ice creams’ in cash. "You can keep the change"

Hoya smiled as the elderly man whispered a ‘thank you’ before he got started on the order. Looking around the shop, you smiled seeing the glass jars sitting on the wooden shelf, filled with colorful candies and pastries.

"Do you like this place?" Hoya saw the little sparkle in your eye as you nodded your head and looked over at him.

"It is adorable" You chuckled before you saw the elderly man walk over slowly and hand you two the cones.

"Enjoy the rest of your night" The elderly man smiled, you smiled and bowed to him, thanking him, before Hoya and you exited the shop.

The two of you started to head back to your place before Hoya took an unexpected turn, trotting up next to him, you looked over at him in confusion.

"Where are we going?" You questioned, your ice cream so it wouldn’t melt.

"I thought we would take a walk and eat our ice cream, if that is okay?" Hoya slipped his hand out of his pocket while he off the cute swirl on the top of the ice cream.

"Perfect" You smiled and slowly walked down the path.

Cricket and Cicadas filled the silence between the two of you while the rusted lights hung over the old path through a grove of trees. Letting your hand drop to your side, you your cone slowly, savoring the sweet flavors.

However, Hoya didn’t know if he could take this much longer, his heart had been pounding for so long, he thought that it would stop anytime now, his stomach churned and the ice cream didn’t seem to soothe it, his legs were shaky and his breaths uneven. But when he felt your hand brush against his, he glanced down at your hand next to him, lifting his eyes and looking at your side profile, he carefully bit his lip and started to move his hand towards yours.

Taking the chance, a runner quickly was running down the middle of the trail and both of you moved to either side of the trail to not get hit by the runner. Coming back together, Hoya hooked his thumb into his jean pocket and up his melting ice cream.

A while later, he tried again, carefully, he started to move his hand closer to yours, feeling the warmth of your hand, he slowly moved his fingers against your palm and slipped his hand into yours. Wrapping his fingers slowly around your hand, you smiled and bit your lip to try and remain calm. Tightening your grip on his hand, you heard a deep breath released from him and a bright smile on his lips.

Continuing to walk down the path together at a relatively slow pace, the two of you were finally content, with your ice cream, and with your hand in his and his in yours.