final.

Aftermath

August 04,2014

04:18 AM

 

Youngjae was absentmindedly staring at the plain, stained ceiling of his dormitory with tears gushing out of his delicate eyes. He never wanted all of these to happen; never in his life. His whole body was getting numb. It was a long day for him. A long, tiring and heart shattering day.

Yesterday, exactly the same time as today, he was feeling different. He is different. Hours ago, he was completely drowning with all the butterflies in his stomach. His feet were no longer feeling the ground; all the words, the love and the intense affection bought him up to cloud nine.  But now, all the butterflies seemed to burn and his feet was buried 6 feet below the ground.

 

If only Jaebum loved him back.

 

The intoxicating scent of alcohol dispersed all around the area.  All that the teen can do at this point is to submerge himself with liquor and sob. There’s no time to care about his health, all he wants is to forget. People say that this drink eases the pain temporarily, and Youngjae’s willing to consume as much as he can to permanently disremember.

Last night was probably one of most memorable nights of his entire night. His best friend, Jaebum , asked him out for a walk. Despite of the uncanny weather, the two still went to the city and walked like they’re the only people present at the moment. Youngjae loves his Jaebum more than he should. Their bond was unbreakable and with that, Youngjae assumed that Jaebum likes him too.

 

 

August 03,2014

10:48 PM

 ‘Jaebum-ah, we should’ve stayed at the dorm! I think it’s going to rain!’ Youngjae said. There was a dash of anxiety in his words but then, he still followed his pal outside.

 

‘Bad decisions makes good memories, dude. I got this.’

 

And they trudged further. The boys were quite unsure of their destination, all that the elder wanted was to breathe some fresh, city air while the other, well squeeze out  good memories out of their bad decision. 

With their hands inside their pockets, they walked towards the cold and lively streets of the city. With different hues of light illuminating their faces, groovy songs that made them hyped up their vibe and the excitement that they get from every step; it was somehow their own version of freedom.

Youngjae was beside Jaebum the whole time. His hands were trembling badly inside his pocket as his best friend wrapped an arm on his shoulder. The other would just tighten the hold whenever they’re laughing or when Jaebum sees something interesting and honestly, it made Youngjae shiver. It’s normal for buddies to have this kind of intimacy. It’s so normal, but not for Youngjae.

 

They night went great. Busy streets, jolly people and never ending fun; that’s how they usually describe night life. Youngjae tried to ignore the sensation of Jaebum’s body close to him, his hands gripping on his shoulders and at some instances, the elder’s hot breath tickling his cheeks whenever he’s talking to the younger. Good thing, Jaebum wasn’t able to notice anything. Youngjae really is a good pretender.

 

In the midst of their walk towards a famous park, the rain finally drizzled all over the place, making the people ran from one area to another just to find a dry spot for themselves. Apparently, Youngjae was still shocked with the sudden change of weather which made him look for an empt,y shaded place where they can stay until the weather comes back to normal.

He saw a souvenir shop. He turned to Jaebum, who was also looking for a place with his now damp hair. ‘Jaebum-ah! Let’s go at th—‘ He shouted, trying to outstand the volume of the rain, but he was immediately cut off when his pal held his hand and pulled him inside an ice cream shop. Slowly, Youngjae tried to handle with the feeling.

 

Everything slowed down. The world seemed to stop. Jaebum’s fingers intertwined with his as he was dragged on a safer area. It felt like a melodramatic movie scene. It is more than the usual hands being clasped together; it involves deep, very deep feelings. The tenderness of the elder’s skin and his care for the younger; it’s just how Youngjae wants everything to happen. Sleek and natural.

 

He already saw himself safely resting on a wooden chair inside the shop. Maybe he was too carried away by the incident. How wouldn’t tho? His eyes met Jaebum’s. Jaebum was beautifully shaking his head while wiping the droplets off his hair. With that, Youngjae felt his insides melting due to intense build-up of emotions.

 

‘Jae-ah! Am I that handsome?’ Jaebum asked, followed by a chuckle. Youngjae laughed as well just to cool down the tension. ‘Are you ok?’ The elder asked immediately. The other nodded before giving his friend a smile to secure his words. ‘Do you want something? Ice Cream? Water?’

 

‘Ice Cream! Wait…Your treat?’

‘No.’

‘B-but you dragged me here and now--’

‘You’re really cute when you’re throwing tantrums. My treat!’

 

And Youngjae lost it there. Jaebum left and went to the cashier, most probably to by some soft serve. And in a slip second, he’s back. One cup of green tea ice cream, Youngjae’s favourite and strawberry ice cream for him. He was really happy and Youngjae wondered why. The younger took the cup as the elder sat on the chair in front of Youngjae.

 

‘Our midnight escapade was here? In an ice cream parlor?’ Youngjae cleared his raging feels and the rising awkwardness.

‘I never thought that it would rain in the first place!’ Jaebum answered with a spponful of ice cream inside his mouth. Youngjae watched as the cream liquefied on the other’s lips. It was breath-taking and somehow, he wished that he’s the spoon or the cream. ‘Duh! I told you that the weather was pretty weird!’

 

And Jaebum just beamed in return as he continued to munch on his sweet treat. Jaebum seemed to be really happy that day and honestly, paying for someone else’s food is a thing that he rarely does. The whole thing fuelled Youngjae’s curiosity. Is his best friend keeping something from him?

 

‘Yah! You’re smiling for no apparent reason and you like an idiot. What is it all about?’ Youngjae questioned, eating his ice cream. His heart pumped fast as Jaebum stared lovingly at him. Again, the younger fell for his gaze.

‘Are you sure you want to know?’Jaebum asked.

 

‘Yup. We’re best friends!’ At the point, the younger sensed something. He’s not sure if it’s a good or bad feeling but then, he shrugged his shoulders and ignored it. ‘I’m going to date someone this weekend.’ Jaebum stated with a hint of excitement in his words.

‘We’ve known each other for a long time and…at this point, I want things to be formal for the both of us.’ Jaebum added. At first, Youngjae tensed up, but then for some weird reason, his calmed down right away. He needs to hear it. The person that Jaebum was pertaining! Is it him?

 

‘A boy?’

‘We’re from an all-boys school right? ’

‘He’s from our school too?’

 

And Jaebum nodded.. ‘Yes. Park Jinyoung.’ The thing is Youngjae assumed. His heart shattered into pieces upon hearing the elder’s words. He thought it’s him! They’ve been together for years! How come Jaebum never loved him back? Startled, Youngjae dropped the spoon as his hands trembled. ‘Jae-ah? A-are you ok?’ Jaebum asked.

 

No. He’s not.

 

For an hour, Youngjae listened as Jaebum boasted his love and admiration for Jinyoung. He listened carefully and tried to smile but deep inside, he’s completely worn out. The night ended when Jaebum received a call from Jinyoung, asking him if the elder could pick him up because Jinyoung got stranded due to the flood and heavy rain. All he ever did was to love Jaebum more than himself. And it pains him so much knowing that Jaebum also does the same, but to another person.  

 

 

August 04,2014

04:29 AM

 

Youngjae’s tears seemed to be unstoppable. Guilt, anger and jealousy. He hated himself for not being good enough for Jaebum. He hated himself for falling for someone who clearly has no intentions of catching him. ‘IM JAEBUM!’ he shouted as he threw a bottle of beer on the wall. As a minor, he’s still not allowed to drink any kind of alcoholic beverage; but there’s no limits at this point.

All that Youngjae ever wanted was to be happy.  The hunger after this type of feeling has been a necessity for the boy. But somehow, he believes that happiness lasts forever; that once you feel it, it’ll stay in your physique until the very end. He’s neither a pessimist nor an optimist; he’s just a normal teen. A teen who never felt true contentment until he met this guy named Jaebum.  

 

 

From a stranger to someone that had him drinking 9 bottles of beer.