That Ice Heats and Cools Us

That Ice Heats and Cools Us

That Ice Heats and Cools Us

 

Onew has already read much news about that Ice Bucket Challenge. He saluted them who did that challenge bravely. He respected those people who were willing to be flushed with a bucket of ice water. He held in esteem them who showed their concern to ALS patients.

Onew himself wanted to do that challenge just like the way Bill Gate did it coolly. He desired to challenge Joon after that. He felt like to do it together with s. He imagined it would be really cool if he poured the ice water to Jonghyun while the younger did the same to Key. In the same time, Minho would be soaked because of Key when he flushed Taemin who was emptying his bucket to Jinki. Before they did the challenge, they would ask their manager hyung to record their action. That was cool, really cool in Onew’s imagination.

But, reality is not as sweet as imagination. Never. And that was what happened to Onew and his imagination.

<3

He was happy in the beginning when he entered the kitchen and saw an ice box in the corner of the room. He thought their manager brought that thing to ask SHINee do the challenge. Their label mates like Super Junior, f(x), and Girls’ Generation’s members already did the challenge. He thought it might be SHINee’s turn now.

“Will we do the Ice Bucket Challenge?” Onew asked Jonghyun who was sitting in the dining table, sipping his hot chocolate.

“No, we won’t. Not with your condition,” Jonghyun answered in instant. Then, he realized. “Hyung, did you just talk to me? Was that your voice that I heard before?”

Onew smiled brightly to the younger. “Yes. Doctor has allowed me to talk, but he still doesn’t allow me to sing.”

“That is the best news!” Jonghyun said, standing from his chair and hugging his leader tightly.

“So, will we celebrate it with doing ice bucket challenge? I want to do it,” Onew asked again.

“No, we won’t. I can’t risk your condition,” Jonghyun ignored. “Besides, that ice box is empty. There is no ice inside it.”

Onew pouted hearing the answer. He really wanted to do it.

<3

“Can’t sleep?” Onew questioned Jonghyun when he was heading to bathroom in the midnight.

He saw Jonghyun sat on the floor while facing his notebook on the coffee table.

“No, hyung. I just wanted to go to sleep now,” Jonghyun uttered.

Jonghyun walked to Onew’s room, saying wanted to cuddle with him.

When Onew entered his room, he saw the vocalist already sleep. He laid beside him and put his hand on Jonghyun’s waist, shifting him closer to him.

<3

Onew was greeted by his 3 youngest members when he went in to the kitchen the next morning. He eyed Taemin who giggled watching something from his phone.

“What are you watching, Tae?” Onew inquired.

“Jonghyun hyung’s video,” Taemin said.

“What video? I didn’t know he had a schedule lately,” Onew stated while biting his bread.

“It’s his video when he did the ice bucket challenge with CN Blue’s Jonghyun hyung.”

Onew put his bread down hearing his maknae’s answer.

<3

Jonghyun woke up in the middle of the day. He wasn’t shock when realized the empty space on the bed beside him. He walked out of the room and saw his leader on the couch.

He marched toward him, wanting to greet him and laze with him. But, the older was sleeping with an opened book covering his face.

“You should sleep in your room, hyung,” Jonghyun mumbled and was ready to carry his body in bridal style to take him to the bed room.

But sleeping Onew struggled. “ Go away,” he pushed Jonghyun’s hand away azily.

Jonghyun giggled seeing his act, thinking that Onew was dreaming.

<3

“Dinner is ready,” Key shouted from the kitchen.

Since Jonghyun was talking with someone on the phone, he came to the kitchen later. When he entered, he saw Key sitting on Onew’s usual seat beside his chair. He glanced at the eldest, who was busy placing some meats on Taemin’s plate, took a seat in front of Key, beside the youngest.

“Won’t you eat, Dino?” Minho said.

Taken back from his thought, Jonghyun took his seat. During the dinner, Onew didn’t look at or talk to him. When he tried to give him a slice of his apple in the end of the dinner, the older refused it.

Jonghyun wanted to talk to Onew after dinner, but the said man was on the phone with Joon. He decided to wait until they were done. But it took hours till his time to go to his radio. He planned to, at least, say good bye and hug Onew like always before leaving.

When he exited from his room, Onew has finished his conversation with Joon. But... Onew was walking to his own bed room, saying to s that he was sleepy and wanted to sleep, without looking at him.

“What’s wrong with Onew hyung?” Jonghyun asked the others.

Minho and Taemin were playing vide game, while Key was reading a fashion magazine. “What? There is nothing wrong with him, “ Minho answered without bothering to face him.

“Yeah… Jinki hyung is okay,” Taemin added.

“But…”

“Just go to your work, hyung. You’ll be late if you are still here longer,” Key cut his word.

Sighing, Jonghyun his heel, leaving his dorm.

<3

Jonghyun opened the door of Onew’s room. He placed his bag on the floor beside the bed. Seeing his lover looked so peaceful in his sleep made him smile. He climbed on to the bed, laying next to the sleeping Onew.

He combed Onew’s soft hair slowly while scanning his pretty face. He moved his hand to Onew’s face, tracking it with the back of his forefinger. From his eyebrow to his cheekbone, caressing his check with his thumb, and down to his jawline. Jonghyun stopped his action when he saw Onew opened his eyes slowly.

“Good night, babe,” Jonghyun greeted, smiling sweetly.

Onew stayed silent before waking up and walk to the door. “Go away. Sleep in your own room. I want to sleep alone,” he said, opening the door. “NOW!!”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “Hyung, are you dreaming?”

“I know what I said and I am not dreaming, KIM.JONGHYUN! Get out from my bed. Now! I want to sleep.”

“What’s wrong with you? Why do you ask me to sleep in my room instead of in here with you as usual?”

“Fine. You, sleep here and I’ll sleep on the couch!”

Jonghyun climbed off of the bed hurriedly when he saw Onew leaving the room.

“Wait, hyung,” he grabbed Onew’s arm and turned the older to face him. “What is it? Why, out of a sudden, are you angry to me? What did I do?”

Onew struggled to free himself. Jonghyun was persistent.

“Answer me, Lee Jinki!” Jongyun’s voice became harsher.

“Ahhh… You are the one who is angry and I am the wrongdoer?”

Jonghyun gulped when Onew said that and looked him in the eyes. He could tell that Onew was angry now.

“I… I didn’t say that, hyung. I just.. I wanna know why you avoid and are angry to me. You didn’t say any word to me this whole day,” he uttered. “I wanna know what I did wrong that makes you angry.”

“You want to know?”

“Yes!”

“Why should I tell you when you didn’t bother to tell me what you did.”

“Me? What? What did I do without telling you?” Jonghyun was clueless, didn’t know where this conversation would go.

Onew fished his phone on his pocket. After what Jonghyun thought as typing, Onew shoved his phone to Jonghyun’s chest.

Jonghyun took the phone and eyed it. Jonghyun wanted to punch himself after knowing the trigger of this problem.

“Hyung, I can explain it,” Jonghyun marched to the couch where Onew was. “You know I was nominated and Jonghyun-ah as well. So, we decided to did it together. It is not like I don’t want to tell you. I just.. forget it. Sorry. Forgive me, please!”

Jonghyun kneeled down in front of the couch, beside Onew’s leg. He placed his hands on onew’s thigh. “Hyung,”

“Why did you refuse my invitation to did it together? In the end you didn’t do it alone. Why didn’t you want to do it with me, then?”

“It was not I didn’t want to do it with you. I didn’t want you to do it. Not with your condition, hyung. You are still recovering. There is no way I will let you do that challenge. It will worsen your recovery.”

“But, I want to do that. I want to help the ALS patients too!”

“I know, I know you want to help them. But, you can donate instead off take that challenge, There is other way.”

Onew didn’t say anything.

“I will accompany you when you go to donate for it. Okay?” Jonghyun caressed Onew’s cheek. The later kept silent.

“Now, let’s go back to the bed and sleep,” Jonghyun took Onew’s hand to pull him to the room.

“I said I want to sleep alone,” Onew jerked his hand from the younger’s grip.

“What? Are you still angry to me?”

Onew didn’t respond.

“Hyung,” Jonghyun kneeled down again. “What is it now?”

“You let him slipped his hand under your shirt, rubbing chest and abs.”

“What? No!! He tricked me. He rubbed an ice cube on my chest. I tried to ignore him. You watched the video.”

“I just saw he rubbed his hand under your shirt.”

“Hyung,” Jonghyun whined.

The silence engulfed them for a while.

“Fine, I will take you to meet Jonghyun-ah tomorrow and he will explain everything so you believe me. Now, let’s sleep. I am sleepy.”

“Sleep by yourself!”

Onew was ready to lay on the couch when Jonghyun said, “Fine!! Go sleep on your bed. I will sleep in my shared room with Taemin.”

With that, Onew walked to his own room without looking at or saying a word to Jonghyun.

<3

“Yeah, Mir-ah nominated me to do that challenge. I am planning to do that today or tomorrow, but I don’t know where,” Minho said sipping his morning tea the next morning. “What about you, Onew hyung?”

“I think I will just donate. I can’t risk my recovery. Someone doesn’t allow me,” Onew replied.

“Wise choice, hyung!” Key patted his shoulder. “You have to recover fast.”

Their morning peace was disturbed with Taemin’s yell.

“Hyung… Hyung… Hyung…” the youngest yelled while running in to the kitchen.

“What is it Taemnie?” Key asked.

“Jonghyun hyung..”

“What’s wrong with him?” Onew’s voice was sharp.

“He gets fever,”

“!!”

Onew run toward Jonghyun’s room and saw the said man under his thick blanket. He placed his hand on Jonghyun’s forehead and took it in instant when he felt the heat. “It must be because of your challenge,” Onew murmured before asking Key to take a towel and a basin of water.

 

It was at lunch time when Onew forced to wake Jonghyun up. “Wake up,” he said, shaking Jonghyun’s body. “You need to eat.”

“Hyung,” Jonghyun voiced. “You aren’t angry at me anymore, are you?”

“I am still angry at you. But, I can’t let my member to be sick,” he reasoned coldly. “Come on, you have to eat and take your meds.”

“I won’t eat until forgive me,” Jonghyun threatened.

“Fine. I will leave your porridge here if you don’t want to eat now, you can eat it by yourself whenever you want. I will take my leave now, I have to go.”

“Wait!!!!” Jonghyun grabbed Onew’s hand. “You can’t leave me like that. I am sick, hyung. How could you be so heartless to me now? I know I made mistake….” Jonghyun kept babbling using his childish voice.

He knew Onew would not stay angry with this kind of him. He always won Onew’s heart and forgiveness with his childish side. Besides, Onew is not the kind person who can be angry to someone in a long time. He has soft spot for everyone. He is an angel in human form.

“Stop babbling or I will really leave you,” Onew cut and warned Jonghyun.

Jonghyun grinned, knowing that Onew has forgiven him.

“Eat your lunch!” Onew commanded.

“Feed me,” Jonghyun demanded with wide smile plastered on his face.

 

Onew never knew that ice could heat and cool him and his surrounding. Because of this ice bucket, he fought with Jonghyun. This challenge heated the situation between them. But, it cooled it too.

Jonghyun’s fever was caused of that challenge. And it made Onew, wanted it or not, took care of him and got closer as well, till both of them made up. This ice bucket challenge heated them, but cooled the as well down too.

That was why Onew decided to write his message to the ALS patients and a little bit for Jonghyun when he donated to answer the challenges that were directed to him.

“Hello, this is Onew.

I was nominated by my friends

Actor Suh Hajoon, Soccer player Lee Bumyung, Jace’s vocal Seunghyun

So I participate Ice Bucket Challenge.

I am no in recovery process

So I replace the challenge with donation and handwriting letter

But I am pleased I could join in this way.

I hope my heart is delivered to every sick people who are fighting with their diseases

So they get cheered and be happy.”

 

Onew was welcome with tight hug when he entered Jonghyun’s room after posting his tweet.

“Thank you for your message and heart for me, hyung,” Jonghyun chirped happily, planning a kiss on Onew’s cheek.

“What are you saying?” Onew struggled freeing himself.

“I read your tweet. You said you delivered your heart to every sick people to cheer them and make them happy. So, I am included in that message. I am sick now. So, you give your heart. Love you, hyung.”

“I addressed that message to ALS patients,” Onew said persistently.

“You didn’t say that. You only said ‘to every sick people who are fighting with their diseases’. So, it means I am included.”

Onew chuckled hearing Jonghyun but he refused to acknowledge it.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Soooooo Sorry for giving ou another terrible story

It's still unbetad

Forgive me for all my mistakes

Sorry for giving you this story >.<

 

Thanks for reading ^^

Warmly welcome your comment(s)

 

I hope you enjoy reading this story >.<