Chapter 1

Family Ties

19 year old Kim Taeeun walked the streets of Daegu alone, watching dust dance between her feet. She was walking back from her part-time job, which she loved, but hated so much. Her headphones were set loudly, but not too loud. She only looked to the floor, knowing that she was basically walking through an empty street. She'd sometimes accidentally bump into people, but she would instantly bow and apologize. Other than that, there was not much harm done at all.

 

"Oof! I'm sorry!" She dipped into a bow as quickly as she could. "I'm so so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm-" She looked up to see her very own cousin, Kim Taehyung.

 

"Taeeun." He smiles as her name slips out of his mouth. Taeeun quickly pulls him into a hug, making Taehyung a bit shocked. Taehyung decides to be nice too and hug her back, since they haven't seen each other for a long while.

 

"Taehyung, what are you doing here?" She asked, sounding a bit too excited to see him.

 

"Wow, you sound really excited to see me here, don't you?" He jokes, showing off his rectangular smile. "I have a fanmeet here tomorrow."

 

"Hey, we've been best buddies since the day we were born!" She jokingly defends herself and softly punches his arm. He pretends to be hurt and rubs the spot she punched. They laughed for a little and they started to naturally walk to Taeeun's home.

 

"It's kind of weird, us being born at the same day, same month, and same year, and almost same time. It's so ironic. I think it's just really weird. Don't you?" Taehyung asked. Taeeun let out a slight chuckle at the subject he brought up. She also thought it was weird, but she didn't really care about it at the same time.

 

"It is, it is... I just never really thought of caring about it. I mean, we're basically twins." He was only a few hours older than her anyways.

 

"Pretty much," He half mumbles and half speaks. He turns his head to look at me as we're walking. "it'd be cool if we really were though, wouldn't it?" He swings his arm around her shoulders as Taeeun only nods slightly, her eyes still glued to the floor as she walks. Taehyung partially smiles at her, relishing all the fun they've had together ever since they were little. Taeeun looks to Taehyung and smiles back, having the same eye smile as him. Soon after, silence falls in between them. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was those silences that were bearable; the ones that you don't mind as long as you're with that person.

 

"Oh my god, Taehyung found a girlfriend!" A high voice pitched.

 

Taeeun and Taehyung both looked up and saw the rest of BTS and Jimin pointing at the two cousins, causing Taehyung to withdraw his arm.

 

"She's not my girlfriend, she's-"

 

"Pretty! Very, very, pretty!" J-Hope smoothly cuts off Taehyung, pushing him aside to stand next to Taeeun. Taeeun shyly smiles as a tint of pink runs across her cheeks.

 

"-My cousin..." Taehyung finishes off his sentence, somewhat giving a short glare at J-Hope. The atmosphere in Daegu has become more lively, now that Bangtan is here. They didn't seem to mind Taehyung, but they listened to him.

 

"But anyways, do you like our new album? Are you a fan?" Rap Monster asked her.

 

"A big one. She begged me to give her all of our signed albums." Taehyung rolled his eyes. Taeeun was a fan, well, is a fan, but she mostly wanted the signed CDs just so she could brag to her classmates and make them all jealous, since the majority of them loved BTS.

 

"Jungkook-ah!" A fan, and also classmate of mine shouted from across the street. Jungkook smiled and waved as she screamed as if she were to be murdered. Taeeun couldn't complain about the way she screamed, since she would've done so herself if she wasn't Taehyung's cousin.

 

"Hi!" Jungkook bowed and waved as she screamed even more.

 

"Happy birthday Jungkook-ah! I love you!" She screamed and covered , blushing madly. Taeeun forgot that it was his birthday. She hadn't said anything at all to Jungkook yet either, so it made her feel a bit awkward.

 

"Me too! Thank you! I love you too!" He waved once again and blew her a kiss, earning a scream that could fill the whole stadium. She finally ran away to her house, embarrassed and totally in love. Jungkook smiled happily, and turned to me.

 

"Noona, where's my birthday wish?" He asked Taeeun, snapping her out of her daze. She smiled at him and gave him a high five.

 

"Happy birthday, Jungkook-ah." Taeeun beamed. Jungkook smiled back until he started getting attacked by s.

 

"16, 17, 18!" Jimin counted his last few smacks and ended it with a hard plop on the back. Soon enough, the members were finished with their birthday smacks for the poor maknae.

 

"Alright, who wants to go get some cake? My treat!" Taeeun announced, causing the boys to go wild.

 

"Yes! Let's get cake! Cake!!!" They all shouted. Taeeun laughed and started walking off to the bakery, and the boys soon followed. They were excited and aching for the cake, they just wanted to run to the bakery, only if they knew where they were, that is.

 

"Okay, Jungkook-ah, since it's your birthday, you get to pick out the cake, okay? It's all on me so don't worry about the price." Taeeun smiled at him sweetly, patting Jungkook's shoulder.

 

"Thank you noona, thank you so much~" Jungkook cooes, looking at Taeeun with loving eyes. He felt happy to the fullest, feeling it was really one of the best birthdays he's ever had. Jungkook ran into the bakery first, earning looks of surprise from fans. Taeeun followed after, standing slightly behind Jungkook. He picked a rather simple cake, but other than that, it was pretty expensive. He luckily received a discount, since the baker was a fan too. The two walked out with the cake and the whole group left off to Taeeun's home.

 


Author's Note: I just needed to write a short chapter ;-; because I have terrible planning skills and what not and school starts tomorrow and everything will get all stress for meeeee. But Happy Birthday to Jungkook! (In America)