Chapter 1. announcement

quietly & naturally

Chapter 1. 

 

   Despite the noon hour it was dark outside. The sky was grey and full of clouds. You could easily tell that winter is coming. Even if the weather was better you could still feel the "Christmas atmosphere" which was just a few weeks away. I was so excited and yet so irritated it's not Christmas already. I love this time in a year. It's really special and one should treasure it as much as possible. I'll never understand those people who hate it. But I guess everyone is different and has right to like other things, right? 

"Uh..." I sighed quietly while looking at the sky. I was really lucky to be placed next to the window in the classroom. Mathematics couldn't be more boring but fortunately this lesson was going to be over in a minute. And the next one was history of arts. Finally something interesting. I started to pack my things into my bag as soon as I heard the bell and rushed to the door. The main corridor in our school was really long and there was a big canteen at the end of it. That's where I was heading. I hoped to see some of my friends there and I was right. When I entered the canteen I saw Jiyeon and Gongchan sitting at the middle table. 

"Hi, how are you? I haven't seen you last break." said Jiyeon when I sat next to them. She was a really pretty, long haired girl. Two years younger than me so she just started this school as a 1st year student but we've known each other since primary school. We always end up together in the same places, seems like our friendship was predestined. 

"I didn't leave the classroom during last break. Sorry." I replied and took a small bite of her melon bun. I knew she wouldn't mind.

"Your next lesson is history of arts with prof. Kim, right?" Jiyeon seemed really excited asking me that question. Gongchan also grinned. He also was a 1st year student. She quickly made friends with him during the first week of school and then introduced us to each other. He was a really nice guy with an incredible looks. All girls in our school, including those who were already dating, had a secret crush on him. He was kind, funny and handsome. Walking perfection. But he also could be very mean when he wanted to and that's probably why he never dated anyone. Jiyeon once tried to flirt with him but he quickly realized it and told her that she is the type to only be friends with and nothing more. Since it was only a little crush she didn't feel offended in any way and they decided to stay as a very good friends. That's their back-up story. On the other hand, Gongchan was the one who once tried to flirt with me and to be honest... I totally fall for him. But our relationship now is very strange and kind of uncomfortable for me. Sometimes it seems like he is deeply in love with me and could die for me anytime but the next day he acts like he doesn't care. I really can't describe it well but it's irritating me. I'm still not sure of my feelings and his actions and attitude are not making it easier for me. I don't want to but sometimes I think that he is simply using me and it's all just a game for him. Because I really don't know what to do with this, I decided to wait, hoping that everything will solve by itself in the right time. Or maybe I'm just being delusional... 

"Yup. Why you ask?" I looked at Jiyeon's happy face. It was suspicious.

"She is going to announce a museum tour for volunteers from all years! And it's not going to be a one-day trip in Seoul. Guess where...!" she stopped for a moment while Gongchan imitated drums sound. "To the Netherlands! How awesome is that!? Can you believe!? The Netherlands museum tour!" 

"You joking, right?" I asked. Is prof. Kim really organizing such a great trip? Am I dreaming? I've always wanted to go to the Netherlands. 

"Nope. It's real!" Jiyeon smiled. "But it's at the begining of December so I can't go. We are preparing for a special Christmas comeback. I can't skip it." I saw a little dissapointment on her face. I forget to mention that she is also a part of a K-Pop group, called T-ara, that debuted some time ago. I knew she would like to go to that trip but I also knew that there is nothing that she loves more than performing on stage. 

"But I'm definitely coming! You should come too! It would be a great fun before Christmas, don't you think?" said Gongchan with a big grin on his face. That's the smile I've probably fallen for. 

"It's like dreams coming true. Really... I'll wait till prof. Kim provides us some more details today but I think I'll come too! The Netherlands sounds amazing." when I finished the sentence, the bell rang. We quickly grabbed our bags and rushed to our classrooms. I couldn't help but run through corridors. I wanted to immediately hear more about this glorious trip idea.

   Jiyeon and Gongchan were right. When we all sat down prof. Kim gave us a little leaflets with the most important information about the trip to the Netherlands and told us to give her our emails if we want to go so she could send us whole trip's schedule. I could almost feel the excitement running through my veins when I was writing down my email adress. I was sure my parents would let me go. They knew how much I've always wanted to see this country. 

***

   When I finished my late dinner I went to my room and turned my laptop on. I checked my inbox to see if prof. Kim had already sent us a schedule. While I was reading which museum we are going to visit first a new message notification popped out on my facebook. 

"from Jung Jinyoung" I read in my mind. Jung Jinyoung, really? He was the guy that I used to be friends with during the 1st year. He is also a 3rd year student, just like me and he is also attending same history of arts classes. When we were divided into small groups on the integration trip at the beginning of high school, we ended up in the same team. He isn't a noisy person but he also isn't a quiet type. It seems like he doesn't talk when he doesn't think it's necessary. He also doesn't smile as often as others but when he do - it's such a heart-warming smile. We used to be very close friends in the 1st year but in the middle of the 2nd year he suddelny stopped talking to me. I have no idea why but he seemed so depressed since then that I was too scared to ask him what happened. I found out later that he was chosen to be a trainee in a idol company. His group is going to be called B1A4 and Gongchan is also a member of it. There are also 3 other guys from our school in it - Baro, Sandeul and CNU. Gongchan told me that they are really good friends right now and despite the fact that Jinyoung isn't as funny to be around as Baro or Sandeul, his composing skills are amazing. Also, Gongchan told me once that he thinks Jinyoung is the closest friend of his. It sometimes made me jealous because me and Jinyoung also used to be friends... well, at least I think that we used to be friends. I don't know what he thinks about it.

"Hi, I saw you writing down your email on history of arts. Do you plan to go on this trip?" that was his message. My heart started to pound a little bit faster.

"Yup, and you?" I quickly replied and then added "and why are you texting me anyways? I thought you don't talk to me anymore."

"Sorry, sometimes even I don't understand the way I act." Well... that was a quite strange and a little bit depressing message. It had this sad vibe. "But yeah, I plan to go too. So I thought that since we are going on the same trip, wouldn't it be better to start to be nice to each other again? Maybe not immediately best-friends but we are going to be around each other 24/h for a full week... I don't want to see your upset face everytime you look at me in the Netherlands." his words seemed somehow honest and to tell you the truth - it made me a little bit happy inside. I missed having him around and I was so glad that he was able to rethink his actions and try to start our "almost friendship" again.

"Okay, we can call it a ceasefire. An armistice." I smiled when I sent him this reply.

"Great."

"Do you know who else from our year is coming with us?"

"I heard that Krystal and Sulli wanted to go too." Oh... great. I've never spoke to them. They were at the same year and we shared almost all of our classes but I didn't really think they would make a good friends with me. "Also, rest of my B1A4 group is coming too but I think you already knew about Gongchan plans."

"Yup. Can't wait."

"Me too."

***

{{ author's note: Wow, first chapter done! Did you enjoy it? I'm sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language. 

Please comment, upvote and subscribe to this story! I'd really like to know if you like it and if you have any opinions. I promise that this story will keep you interested/excited! ^^