"Nothing can tear us apart."

Even If (One-Shot)

So much free time this weekend~~~~

Please listen to this song as you read. I swear, it'll set the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7NCpSbrpLk

 

“Hey,” You said, nudging your boyfriend. “If you found out that I were suicidal, up to what extent would you love me?” You asked, fiddling with the couple ring on his finger.

 

Sunggyu looked at you, confused. “What kind of a question is that?”

 

You shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m just curious. You said you’d love me no matter what so I’m just asking under different circumstances. So answer me.”

 

He contemplated your question for a while before answering.

 

“Even if the sun refused to shine.”

 

*

 

You and Sunggyu were walking down the shore of the beach. It’s been a while since you’ve visited home and feeling the sand beneath your feet, strolling down the beach in the town you grew up in had you feeling nostalgic.

 

You sighed as a gentle breeze blew past you, hair moving with the wind. Sunggyu curled a stray stand of hair behind your ear and smiled sweetly at you, eyes crinkling until the disappeared. You cupped his cheeks with your hands as you stopped walking.

 

“If I went away to somewhere forever, up to what extent would you love me?” You asked quietly, studying his expression, heart fluttering as you took in his intense gaze.

 

You had been asking these kinds of questions often so he wasn’t surprised if you asked something like it out of nowhere.

 

With all sincerity, he answered.

 

“Even if we lived in different times.”

 

*

 

Sunggyu sat up in bed late one night to find that you weren’t sleeping beside him. He furrowed his eyebrows. Why were you up so late?

 

He pulled on a shirt and searched for his slippers as he made his way to the terrace.

 

He carefully climbed the ladder on the side and peeked up to find you sitting on the roof, lost in thought.

 

You snapped out of your trance when you felt someone’s presence nearby. Arms wrapped themselves around your waist and he rested his chin on your shoulder.

 

“It’s late. Why are you still up? It’s cold, you might get sick.” He murmured in your ear, rubbing your bare arms with his warm hands, hoping to transfer some heat.

 

You inhaled deeply and closed your eyes, enjoying the closeness and intimacy the two of you were sharing at the moment.

 

“If I hurt you or broke up with you, up to what extent would you love me?” You asked, opening your eyes to gaze at the predawn light that was beginning to flood around you.

 

He squeezed you tight.

 

“Even if the ocean left the sea.”

 

*

 

You woke up in his arms one morning, head resting on his bare chest.

 

You could feel him rouse from his sleep as he shifted a bit and you heard him yawn before lips pressed onto your forehead.

 

“Good morning, honey.” He said, voice husky from sleep. You smiled.

 

“’Morning.”

 

You two remained that way for a while, and you could feel yourself beginning to drift back to sleep, lulled by the beat of his heart.

 

“If I left you and went far, far away, up to what extent would you love me?” You asked sleepily, eyes drooping.

 

You were awake long enough to hear his answer.

 

“Even if the world would disappear.”

 

*

 

Sunggyu had taken you out to eat at your favorite Italian restaurant for dinner that night, and you curled your pasta around your fork and watched in amusement as Sunggyu tried to copy your example.

 

You rested your hand on top of his, effectively stopping his failed attempts at eating his pasta.

 

“At this rate, you’ll never finish. Let me feed you.” You smiled as relief danced in his eyes and laughed as he did.

 

When you had fed him a bit of food, you thoughtfully tapped your cheek with your free hand.

 

“If I kept a really important secret from you, up to what extent would you love me?”

 

He swallowed and took a sip of water before he answered.

 

“Even if the clouds will shed no tears.”

 

*

 

“Are we there yet?” You asked, giggling as he led you up a flight of stairs. Sunggyu had blindfolded you and when you protested, he said it would ruin the surprise if you didn’t wear it.

 

“No. You’re being impatient. Oh, watch your step.” He said as you reached the top of the staircase.

 

You heard a door opening before he removed the blindfold, whispering, “Happy birthday, love.” in your ear.

 

It was as if the breathe had been knocked out of you as you took in the beautifully decorated roof top. It was no ordinary roof top; it was where the two of you had first met.

 

Lights hung around the place, and there was a table set up for two in the middle of it all.

 

“Gyu, you... You didn’t have to...” You said, voice quivering. Tears filled your eyes as you smiled wide. “Oh, thank you. Thank you so much,” You said as you wrapped your arms around him, burying your face into his shoulder.

 

“It’s perfect.”

 

He led you to the table and as you sat down, Sunggyu pulled out a box. He handed it over to you.

 

“For you,” He said with a smile.

 

You carefully opened it and gasped as you saw what was inside.

 

A necklace with a rose pendant was nestled inside, and you stared at it in wonder as you pulled it out.

 

“It’s beautiful.” You breathed as you turned it over in your hands. He stood up from his seat, took it from you and helped you put it on.

 

“It reminded me of you; my love, my rose.” He said with a cheesy smile. You touched the pendant hanging by the crook of your neck. “Much as what you said was sweet, I can’t help but think that Woohyun came up with it.” You teased.

 

He laughed as he sat back on his chair.

 

Silence surrounded the two of you until you asked another question.

 

“If I were dying of sickness and I didn’t tell you about it, up to what extent would you love me?”

 

“Even if tonight was just a dream.”

 

*

 

What he didn’t know was that the reason you’ve been asking all those questions was because they were all true. With a bittersweet smile, he stood over your grave, bouquet of your favorite white roses in hand.

 

He laid it down next to the stone, and took a shaky breath. He closed his eyes. Two years had gone so fast.

 

“I swear you’ll be my one love. Now and forever.” Tears spilled over, and he clenched his fist. “Nothing can tear us apart.”

 

Not even death.

 

*

 

Even if the sun refused to shine,

Even if we lived in different times,

Even if the ocean left the sea

There will still be you and me

 

Even if the world would disappear,

Even if the clouds will shed no tears,

Even if tonight is just a dream

There will still be you and me

 

I've been listening to one of my old favorite singers and decided to write a one shot based on one of his songs. I hope you enjoyed! eue