Final

I'm Your Fan

Just another busy day at SM Entertainment’s headquarters, with employees starting their usual work routines and trainees hurrying to the practice rooms.  However, a person sat relaxed on top of a couch in the lobby, seemingly in his own world.

 

He wore headphones and cranked the volume up to the song that was topping all the charts:  Taeyang’s “Eyes, Nose, Lips.”  Sure, the song may have been out for a month already and there have been strong song releases since then, but Taeyang’s song just kept on living.

 

The song was just so addicting, that the man started to sing along while closing his eyes to capture the emotion.  The lip-syncing part in the chorus made famous by his BTS hoobaes was inching closely and he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to do the falsetto as well.

 

However, he didn’t notice the girl approaching him while he proceeded to sing.

 

Neoui nun ko ib

Nal manjideon ne songil

Jageun sontopkkaji daaaaa

 

At that moment, the girl had removed his headphones and said, “Jonghyun oppa, what the heck are you doing?”

 

Jonghyun opened his eyes to see whom it was, before clearing his throat and trying to act as if nothing happened.  “What do you mean, Soojung-ie?”

 

“No really, what are you doing?,” Krystal asked again.

 

Jonghyun moved his headphones back to his bag before saying, “Can’t a guy listen to good music once in a while?”

 

“Yeah.  Totally,” she responded dryly.  “Anyways, what are you waiting for in the lobby?”

 

“I’m waiting for hyung to come by with the van.  I have some work to do down at the MBC radio station,” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Ahhhh, chincha?”

 

“Neh.  Wae?”

 

“Ahhhh, unnie was asking about it.  She wanted a favor from you,” Krystal stated.

 

“Who?  Taeyeon noona?,” Jonghyun asked, not knowing who.

 

“Ani.  Wait, I think that’s her right now,” Krystal said while looking towards the front doors.  Jonghyun followed her lead and looked as well.

 

“Ahhhh, I keep forgetting that she’s older than you.  She looks so young, yet she’s a year younger than me,” Jonghyun remarked smiling as the new girl approached them.  She had a backpack so they assumed she came to practice again.

 

“Annyeong, unnie.  I already asked oppa about it and he said he was going down to the radio station like you thought.  Anyways, I gotta go practice again for our next stage.  Bye oppa!,”  Krystal said as she walked away, waving bye.

 

“So oppa, you are going to the radio station?,” the new girl asked.

 

Jonghyun replied, “N-neh, I am.  But why do you need a favor?”

 

“I was just wondering…”

 

“Wondering about?”

 

“If…”

 

“If what?”

 

BEEP BEEP! 

 

Jonghyun looked out to the doors to see the van, while the girl was still trying to form her question.

 

“I have to go now, so maybe you should go practice alread-,”

 

“Ani!  Fine,” the girl said before removing her backpack to take something out.  Jonghyun waited a bit impatiently while she took the item out.  “This,” she said as she pushed it his way.

 

“What is it?,” Jonghyun was confused with the item.

 

The girl sighed before her cheeks became a slight pink.  “Taeyang sunbaenim’s album.  Can you get it signed for me?  I know he’s going to be on the radio today,” she said quietly.

 

“Album?  Wait.  Didn’t you buy his album digitally?  I remember that you did.”

 

“I did!  But I wanted the physical album as well!  I was lucky enough to get the limited edition and the photobook!,” she responded.

 

“Hold on.  Limited edition?  You’re just about to debut but you had enough money to buy that?,” Jonghyun said in disbelief.

 

“So you’ll do it?!,” the girl asked.

 

Jonghyun thought about it a bit.  “…Fine.  I’ll do it,” resulting in the usually shy girl screaming a bit.  “But no guarantees,” to which she nodded.  Jonghyun finally took the album and placed it in his bag.

 

“Gomawo, oppa!  You’re the best!”

 

“I know I am,” Jonghyun said while smiling and patting her head.  “Have fun with practice.  Tell the others the same for me.”  He started to walk to the front before stopping and turning back to the girl.  “Before I go, I recommend that you visit the hairstylist unnie again.”

 

The girl snapped out of her fangirl moment and was confused.  “Wae?,” she asked while looking to her hair.

 

“I think that your cheeks absorbed all the pink from your hair highlights.  Anyways, have fun, Irene-ah!,” Jonghyun chuckled before hurrying to the van.

 

Irene felt her cheeks burning up even more after that statement.  “He better get my album signed, or I’ll tell on him to SNSD unnies.”

 

*****

 

Jonghyun had arrived at the radio station and after he finished his own work, he walked towards Tablo’s room, where he also saw Taeyang.  He wove his hand through the window and said hi to the two.  Seeing as they are still on the air, Jonghyun sat at a table and waited until the end. 

 

He checked his phone for a bit and saw a couple unread messages from Irene, asking him if he got Taeyang’s signature yet.  He shook his head at the girl’s constant checking up as if she was his mother.  The creaking of an opening door broke his thoughts.

 

“Jonghyun-ah?  You’re still here?,” Taeyang asked.

 

“Ahhh, Taeyang hyung!  Neh, I was waiting for you.”

 

 

“Waiting for me?  You could have joined me and Tablo hyung inside instead of waiting out here,” Taeyang said a bit worried.

 

“Ani, it’s fine with me.  I didn’t want to intrude more than I needed to,” Jonghyun reasoned.

 

“Arasso,” Taeyang stated afterwards.  “So, why were you waiting for me?”

 

“Ahhhh, this is why.”  Jonghyun went back to his bag and took out the album before returning to Taeyang.  “I was wondering if you could sign this for me.”

 

“My album?  Ahhhh, you could have told me something before and I would have gotten you one for free,” Taeyang said, regretting that he didn’t think of it earlier.

 

“Gwenchana, it’s not mine anyways,” Jonghyun replied.  Taeyang looked back at him confused.  “It’s my dongsaeng’s album and she wanted me to get it signed.  Apparently, she knew you were scheduled to be on Tablo’s radio show today,” he reassured Taeyang.

 

“You didn’t bring her with you today?  It would have been fine.”

 

“She’s working hard for her debut along with her group today.  They debut in less than a month actually.”

 

“Chincha?  I know the perfect message to write then,” Taeyang said before smiling.  Jonghyun smiled as well before looking past Taeyang a bit.

 

“Hyung.  Is-isn’t that…?”  Taeyang looked behind him before noticing what Jonghyun was referring to.

 

“Neh, that’s Haru!”

 

“Would you mind if I go-“

 

“Neh, I’m sure that Tablo hyung won’t mind either.  Go take a picture with her while I sign this album for your dongsaeng,” Taeyang said before pushing Jonghyun towards Haru’s direction.

 

Taeyang sat down at the table after grabbing a marker on the way back and was about to start writing before seeing a small piece of paper sticking out of the album.  He opened up the album, removed the paper and read the message scribbled onto it.

 

If this paper is removed, then that means Taeyang sunbaenim has received my album! ^.^  It means that Jonghyun oppa succeeded and I don’t need to get SNSD unnies to scold him kekeke.

 

Taeyang chuckled a bit at her writing before continuing on.

 

Anyways, since I’m shy and probably wouldn’t be able to talk to you in person, here I am writing to you, Taeyang sunbaenim.  I’ve always followed you, as well as Big Bang, since the start and I’m a big fan of your work.  My dream of becoming an artist like you is almost beginning and if I could get words of encouragement from you, that would be the best!!!  Irene <3

 

P.S.  I hope that one day we could become close and I could maybe call you oppa~

 

Attached to the paper was a small picture of Irene shyly making a heart with her arms, to which Taeyang chuckled a bit at her cuteness.  “A level of cuteness that could rival even Haru’s.”  He looked over to Jonghyun and Haru, who were finishing taking a picture.  “I wonder what I can do to make this even better?,” he thought as he wrote his message on the outside of the album.  He then folded back up the paper and picture before sticking into his pocket.

 

Jonghyun returned from Haru, looking away from the picture he just took.  “Hyung, are you finished already?”

 

“Neh, but I think there’s something else I can do for your dongsaeng.  Are you still going to be here for a while?,”  Taeyang questioned.

 

“Ummmm, I should be here for about half an hour more.  Wae?”

 

“I won’t be long, I just need to go down the street to a shop for a bit.  Arasso?”  Jonghyun nodded, and Taeyang hurried to the doors and on the way to a nearby shop.

 

“I wonder what he’s gonna do,” Jonghyun said to himself before bringing his attention back to his phone and smiling at the picture he took with Haru for Instagram.

 

*****

 

When Jonghyun finally returned to the SM headquarters, he found Irene and the rest of her Red Velvet members in the lobby, probably finished with practicing for the day.  “Yah!  Irene-ah!”

 

Irene looked towards the doors and saw Jonghyun approaching their table.  “Oppa, did you get it signed?!”

 

“Of course I did!  I am the best, remember?!,” Jonghyun said, resulting in chuckles from everyone.

 

“Unnie, are you talking about your album?,” Joy asked, with Irene nodding yes.  Jonghyun took the album out of his bag and gave it back to Irene.  “Omo, what did Taeyang sunbaenim write?”  Joy, Wendy and Seulgi crowded around Irene while Jonghyun watched from afar.

 

Thank you for being a loyal fan of Big Bang and of me!  It’s great to hear that us old guys still have fans kekeke.  All jokes aside, thank you for supporting my album!  I can’t wait for you and your members to debut, and I will monitor your performances as a true Red Velvet fan ^.^  Fighting!!!

 

“Ahhhh, kamsahamnida, Taeyang sunbaenim!,” the girls humorously bowed to the album while Jonghyun chuckled at their action.

 

“Wait, unnie!  There’s something popping out from the inside!,” Wendy stated.  Irene opened the album and removed a folded piece of paper.  It contained a picture of Taeyang making a heart with his arms, just as Irene had done.

 

Jonghyun looked over to the picture with his arms crossed and said, “So that’s what hyung did?”

 

Irene flipped the picture over to see if there was anything more.  And there was.

 

What better way to become close than to give you my phone number?  Kekeke.  Keep in touch, and maybe you’ll be able to call me oppa sooner ^.^

 

After the small message was Taeyang’s phone number.  After the girls processed the information, they all started to scream.  “I got Taeyang sunbaenim’s number!,” the usually calm and quiet Irene yelled amongst the others fangirling.

 

Jonghyun looked at them with judging eyes, saying, “These girls will fangirl over anything.”  Just then, his phone gave off a ringtone.  He took his phone from his pocket and saw an Instagram notification.

 

tabloisdad liked your photo.

 

Needless to say, the Red Velvet girls weren’t the only ones fangirling.

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I still can't believe Irene is 23.  She looks way younger than that haha

Anyways, my first non-SoshiBang fic and definitely not my last.  My next story is planned to be a multi-chaptered non-SoshiBang story as well, but don't worry.  I'll try my best to make SoshiBang oneshots when I have another plot to use ^.^

Subscribe, upvote and/or comment if you want.  

If you are a hardcore Taeyang x SNSD shipper, I may try to do requests in case that I don't really think of my own stories for them anymore.  In that case, feel free to message me requests but keep in mind that they may take a while since I'm starting college again in a few days.