Final.

Heartbeat

It has been a myth for a very long time that people with the same heartbeat are soul mates, destined to be happy together forever.

It's true. But only certain people special people are able to find thier true soul mates. These people are able to hear the heartbeats of people. 

Yes, many people still stay together as a couple for life even though they lack this ability, but not all times together are happy times. The soul mates these special people find will bring each other everlasting happiness.

And Lee Taemin is one of those special people and he had been determined to find out his one and only one after learning about his special ability. At first, it was quite irritating to listen to people's heartbeats every single second of his life, but he got used to it. The different rhythmic thumps that echoes softlly in his ears was sometimes music to him when it got too quiet on times. 

Years passed and yet he has not found his match, but it was fine to him, " I'll wait." Taemin thought. And yes, all good things do come to those who are patient as what he had been searching for presented itself before him like a gift in the coming week.

It was quite a surprise for his class because nobody joins school in the middle of the term, except for this new kid,but it was quite understandable as he just moved into Seoul and decided to attend a school nearby. His name was Choi Minho. He was a quiet guy and they never really contacted much except for a few short conversations. But it was pretty much when Taemin decided to go home after studying in the school library after lessons the next day, that he heard it. He was just walking along the silent corridors, about to go off when he heard it. The single thumping of a beating heart, but it was special, so different from the others that he heard everyday, it made him stop, his eyes widening.  A sound so soft yet suprisingly familiar as if it was his own.

Taemin spun around only to find the new kid facing him a few metres away, his large doe eyes staring straight at him, a gaze so gentle yet it felt as if the other boy could see through him, which made Taemin feel insecure. Then, Taemin realized where the beat came from.

The heartbeat came from Minho. 

MInho's heartbeat. It was the same as his. No doubt. And yet after having so many short conversations with him alone, he hadn't realized it.

Minho walked foward and before Taemin could say anything, he took Taemin's arm and dragged him to the school garden as there were still a few teachers around the corridor. Taemin's mind was in a whirl now as he followed the other boy, his thoughts were all just one big mush in his head. He could not believe he found his soul mate, it was too coincidental, but it can't be changed, Minho was meant to be his, his heartbeat confirmed it.

"Uhhhhh...hi?" Was all Taemin could say, forcing a weak smile as MInho came to a halt and gazed intensely at him

"I have to tell you something." Minho's voice was nervous. 

'What does Minho want to say to him, could he also hear other people's heartbeat..' Taemin thought, as he stared back, his heart racing, praying that Minho knows about soul mates. 

"It may be a bit hard to explain it to you, but you're......" Minho stuttered.

"my soul mate." Taemin blurted out and then regretted it, what if Minho didn't mean what he thought it was.

Minho's eyes widened. " You can hear people's heartbeats too?" He gasped.

"You too?!" Taemin asked, so Minho is like him too....

"Yes." Minho smiled.

"And we have the same heartbeat." Taemin looked up at the taller boy.

"So..." Minho gently grasped Taemin's fingers ".....will you go out with me?"

Taemin smiled and hugged him, ears pressed against the other's chest as he listened to their hearts beating as one, each beat synchronising with each other's.

"Yes, because our hearts were destined to be one. Because you are my soul mate."