001

Of Cat Ears and Sushi

To say that Baekhyun was tired was an understatement. He was exhausted, he felt dead. He would have liked to say that it had been his choice to work twelve hours a day and five days in a row but it wasn’t. It was his fourth day and he was exhausted beyond, he felt angry. He didn’t really even need the money, he worked just to get some extra money so that he wouldn’t have to ask his parents but this was too much. It’s not like his pay was particularly huge either, in fact it was the opposite.

He grudgingly took two glasses filled with apple juice and exited the kitchen. He was a waiter in a sushi bar. This particular sushi bar was something similar to Japanese maid cafes though. It decorated in a cute (and very pink) style and loved by all its customers. And the fact that Baekhyun, a cute boy, was working there as well brought in a lot more customers than usual.

 He had to wear cat ears and manga style school uniform which didn’t look too fake but just about perfect on him. Needless to say, he was popular and brought in a lot of money. Not that it made his pay any bigger. On the plus side, he did get quite a lot of tip.

He took the glasses to the third table (they weren’t in any particular order but it made it easier to write down orders) where two guys were sitting. They looked his age and he mentally winced. He sure hoped they weren’t from his school because it would kill him if anyone knew how he looked like during his job. His reputation would suffer, he was sure. At school he wasn’t really a proper student, more like he was known for his short temper and good grades.

„Thank you, “ one of the boys says. He had large eyes. That’s all Baekhyun managed to notice before he turned to the other guy. The other one was handsome, all tanned skin and gorgeous brown eyes. Too bad the ugly sneer on his face ruined everything. Baekhyun smiled politely and left before he could punch the customer in the face and be fired, though that did seem like a good idea.

„Wait a second!“ The boy with large eyes said suddenly and Baekhyun took a deep breath before he turned around, the smile on his intact.

„Yes?“

The guy with large eyes looked like he wanted to say something but then he stopped and just stared at Baekhyun, not saying anything. Baekhyun stood still for ten seconds in an uncomfortable silence. The guy had large  doe eyes and full lips, face quite delicate so his voice seemed slightly too deep. At least that was Baekhyun’s first impression. Not his type.

„Umm, nothing, “ the guy answered eventually and Baekhyun nodded, confused.

„Call me if you need anything, “he said then, leaving with a quicker pace so that no one would have time to call for him.

He stopped once he got into the kitchen, closing his eyes and trying to convince himself that everything was okay, he had not embarrassed himself and that his reaction had been totally normal. The guys were the weird ones, totally. He nodded to himself.

„Those cocktails are ready, bring them to table four. “

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and wordlessly took the cocktails, heading out of the kitchen. He was tired, angry, annoyed and he just wanted to scream, throw the cocktails against the wall and just run away. Baekhyun was quite irritable when he was tired.

Table three was almost next to the table where the previously mentioned boys sat. Baekhyun just wanted to bang his head against something.

„Hello ladies! Here are your drinks and I assure you, your sushi will be here in just  a minute,“ he said, smiling so wide that his face hurt. The ladies smiled and complimented him. At least that felt nice, but that didn’t change the fact that he wanted to flee. Just as he was about to do that, one of the girls stopped him.

“Can I take a picture with you?” she asked. He glanced at her quickly, trying to understand whether she was from his school, but since she was obviously wearing another school's uniform he nodded.

“Of course,”

It was extremely uncomfortable to pose for the picture with the two guys watching them but he manged to do that successfully. Just as he was about to leave again, he was stopped.

„Excuse me?“ Baekhyun turned around towards table three, trying hard not to roll his eyes.

„Yes?“

„Do you work here full-time?“ The wide-eyed guy asked. Baekhyun was starting to get worried. He did not want any stalkers. Even if the stalker seemed cute.

But still not Baekhyun’s type.

„Yes,“ he answered with a smile. He didn’t know how to not smile at a client, he was just that good.

„Oh, okay. Then I guess we will be seeing each other. My name is Kyungsoo,“ he said and offered his hand to Baekhyun. Baekhyun gulped because Kyungsoo’s normal gullible expression had changed into a smirk and he looked like something between a handsome boy group idol and a serial killer. Baekhyun smiled, this time reluctantly and took his hand and shook it.

„Okay,“ he nodded, waiting for a heartbeat before nodding again and rushing away.

Creepy, he thought as he went to the only other worker besides him that was not busy in the kitchen and told her that he had to take a break. He took off his cat ears and left for their restroom without even waiting for her answer.

He was confused. Kyungsoo was totally not his type and totally weird and creepy but somehow Baekhyun was attracted to him. Crazy. But no matter how attracted he was he didn’t want see him ever again.

-

Short chapter is short ><