//

Love does whatever it wants

But love doesn't listen. It does whatever it wants. 

Words: 3005

Pairing: Minkey/Onkey

 

 

 

The bed sheets crumpled as Minho clenched his fist, obviously agitated. His large room was illuminated by the brilliant moonshine spilling through his window, having extinguished all the candles lining the hallway beyond his bedroom door. The sheet crumpled again as he sat up in his bed, his back against his bed post and his dark, dilated pupils fastened on the door.

 

Kibum didn't show that night.

... 

 

Minho woke the next morning to find himself in bed and the sheets just as neat like he had prepared the night before. He moved to get ready for breakfast when there was a knock at the door.

 

"Come in." 

 

The door creaked open in protest of the force being applied from the other side. Minho halted his movements to see if it was the one person he'd been anticipating all night long.

 

"Your majesty." Taemin entered and bowed. 

 

Minho couldn't deny that he was disappointed.

 

"I've come to clean your room and dress you for this morning's breakfast." Taemin explained with his head still hung low. Minho inched an eyebrow upward. A series of rapid blinks later and Minho was sifting through his memory to determine what he did or didn't do to prompt a breakfast with the family.

 

Taemin saw the young Prince's confusion .

 

"It's not with the royal family, sire. Just Prince Onew, sire." Taemin placed his bucket and cloth on the floor and hurried to his side with quick steps.

"I should dress you now lest you will surely be late."

 

"No." Minho shook his head and got to his feet. "I'll dress myself." Minho saw Taemin's doe eyes widen in worry. "Don't worry, Taemin. It's just my brother."

 

Taemin nodded and moved aside. Minho took a quick bath and was descending the the stairs within the next 10 minutes. 

 

"Oh brother!" Onew exclaimed when his younger brother entered the dining room. Onew looked the most regal whilst sitting at the head of the table. Maids and servants bowed simultaneously at his entry before resuming their duties and scurrying about.

 

"Brother." Minho returned the greeting and went to sit beside his brother.

 

"When was the last time we talked like this?" Onew gestured to the table before them and the room.

 

"I can't recall, brother."

 

"Now now. Don't worry so much." Onew laughed at Minho's pensive expression. "Let's eat ."

 

Minho would have gladly indulge in the meal if it wasn't for the person who placed it before him. 

 

Kibum.

 

Kibum quickly retreated to the kitchen area and the fork faltered a little in his grip.  

 

He took a bite of his steak and glanced up to see Kibum returning with a plate of fruits.

 

"So you know the parents are expecting me to marry soon." Onew began. "But I'm not ready for that commitment as yet. I'm not ready for a wife or even a child."  

 

Minho swallowed and kept sending glances in Kibum's direction but he latter avoided his eyes the entire time. 

 

Onew sensed Minho's discomfort and glimpsed where Minho's vacant eyes seemed to be wondering off.

 

"Oh!" Onew laughed heartily. "That's my personal servant."

 

"Personal?" Minho now directed his attention to Onew.

 

"Personal." Onew affirmed and shook his head. "He is practically useless. I don't where the soldiers found him dying but they should have left him there. Just preposterous!" 

 

Minho glanced at Kibum to see the young servant looking at his feet. He wanted to run over and kiss the hurt away, hold his beautiful face in his hands and feel him in his arms. Onew was never softspoken so the servant heard everything said. It made Minho angry, so angry but he was in no position to speak against his brother who had a temper.

 

Anyway he didn't press any further in hopes of enjoying the rest of the meal. 

 

Plus Onew was expressing his opinion.

 

He was jaded most of the times to be honest.

 

.....

 

"You think Prince Onew will find a wife soon?"

 

Minho immediately stopped what he was doing when Kibum's question registered. He could feel Kibum's breath on his nape and his chest heaving up and down beneath his long, slender fingers splayed on chest.

 

Minho drew back to peer at Kibum in the darkness. 

 

"I don't know.." He answered truthfully not really knowing why Kibum chose to ask something like that when they were ...alone. Why did Kibum care about a man who declared in his presence he wouldn't mind if he was dead. Minho couldn't wrap his head around. Kibum truly had a big heart. He could wrap his mind around that.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Kibum questioned sounding a bit scared. He felt small and inferior under the prince's relentless stare. So he moved to kiss the other as a form of distraction. Minho hummed as Kibum contiuned massaging his lips with his own. Minho lowered his hands down the servant's chest feeling the hot ,sweat slicked skin beneath the pad of his fingers, revelling in the feel of Kibum's body above his pleasuring him in ways he'd never imagined. In ways he loved. He wanted it to never end.

 

Kibum broke the kiss to attack the sensitive flesh at the side of Minho's neck, trying not to kiss to deeply and nip to long to leave a mark behind. Minho's eyes fluttered from the kisses, light as feathers .

 

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop." Kibum murmured between kisses.

 

"Ugh!" Minho groaned loudly and quickly sat up. "Why does it bother you so much if my brother marries or not? Why do you care? He hates you!" Minho shouted in a whisper because he was upset by that point. The interruptions and mentions of his brother were surely killing the mood. Kibum interrupted their...their.. whatever they were doing or had going on for the third time that night. "Aren't you going to answer?"

 

Minho's voice took on a tone of authority without him being aware and Kibum hung his head in shame. 

 

"I'm sorry, your majesty. Please forgive me."

 

Minho cringed at Kibum's sudden use of formaility and realized he had sounded a bit harsh.

 

"Kibum I told you you don't have to speak to me like that when we're.." when we're what exactly? Kissing? Going to have ? Fool around? Make love?  

 

Minho cleared his throat and decided to leave sentence hanging. He couldn't understand how upset he gotten when he thought about it. Was Kibum just fulfilling his desires like the loyal, dedicated servant he was? Did Kibum believe that this was a part of the job description and had no other chance?

 

"I'm sorry, your majesty." Kibum's sorrowful voice penetrated through the prince's cloud of confusion. "You're one of my good friends."

 

Minho's heart inflated a little at Kibum's words but deflated soon after. He then saw himself as a sick human being. Kibum considered him a friend, a good one too , willing to do whatever is asked of him...because it was his duty? And why was he doing this? Fooling around with a servant of all the royalties who waltzed through the palace. Was he rebelling? Was he in lo-

 

"I won't interrupt again." Kibum promised obediently and brought his lips against the other's. Minho arms hesitated and shook wondering if he should wrap them around Kibum's neck or brace them against his chest to stop whatever was going on. 

 

 How foolish he chided himself when he pulled Kibum closer.

....

 

Minho hadn't seen Kibum around for two days and wondered what had happened to his favourite servant. Yes Kibum was his favourite. How certain his brother would have a fit if anyone should find out. Yet it was odd for the brother's perosnal aide to be your favourite aide when there are so many scurrying the hallways of the grandgrand palace. Some who hadn't even met the princes yet. 

 

Minho shook his head scattering his thoughts for a moment before advancing towards the quarters where the servants slept. 

 

"Your highness." The passing workers acknowleged his presence. Minhod nodded his greeting, his pace increasing as he continued walking. When the door materialized out in poorly lit hallway prince Minho waited and raised his hand to knock simultaneously the door opened.

 

"Brother!" Onew greeted and snuggled Minho in a hug the latter found it to be too tight and uncomfortable.

 

"Brother what are you doing here? The princess is already here waiting in the garden."

 

"Thanks." Onew laughed. "You seem troubled brother." Onew voice took on a serious tone. 

 

Minho found it terribly discomforting that Onew was leaving Kibum's dorm when his future had been in the garden awaiting his arrival.

 

"Dont worry about me. The princess is waiting." Minho pressed.

 

"Alright. Alright." Onew spared him another toothy grin, patted his shoulder and went on his way. 

 

Minho released a sigh of relief, unsure of why he was so tense. He stepped into the room to find it vacant of anyone.

 

"Kibum?" He called.

 

Muffled footsteps alerted him to the side where the servant emerged halfdressed.

 

"Your majesty." Kibum almost squealed and hurried to lock the door. Then scampered around to get more dressed. Minho was left confused at Kibum's agitated behaviour.

 

"Kibum..." Minho traipsed to the beside where Kibum sat hiding his face in his hands. A muffled sob was heard.

 

"Kibum did my brother do anything to you?" He asked carefully not wanting to upset the other even more. He'd never seen Kibum so bothered before. Now that he thought about it. Kibum had become more moody in the last days.

 

"Kibum did he...hurt you in anyway?"

 

"No he didn't." Kibum replied quickly and reached for a towel nearby to wipe his tears stained face. "I'm s-sorry." He muttered. 

 

Kibum turned to the side so that Minho could appreciate his side profile. That jawline, Minho mused as he ran his index finger along it. His Adam's apple protruding and behind that his neck so clear..

 

No it wasn't! 

 

Minho's mouth opened silently as he trailed his fingers along the markings on his stirring Kibum from his emotional state and lunging forward to plaster his lips against Minho's. The prince, completely taken aback, wasn't prepared when Kibum plunged his tongue in his mouth which earned a strangled moan. Kibum kissed deeper, held him stronger , gripped his hand firmer. The sensual touches were no longer as he roughly dragged his calloused hands under Minho's royal wear. His skirted under he dress, digging his fingers in Minho's thighs and leaving the impression of his fingerprints behind. 

 

Minho struggled a little to detach his lips from Kibum's and push the other away and sending a slap across the servant's face. It echoed in the small room when Minho's striking hand made contact with Kibum's cheek. The impact had his face flying to the left and a sting emanating though out his entire body.

 

For the first time in his life Minho felt anger in the presence of one of his workers, maybe even violated as well.

 

"What, what's gotten into you?!l" Minho tried to be stern but it came out breathless. He was still frightened by what has just happened.

 

Kibum brought his hand to his cheek rubbed at the now reddening spot. He hurt so badly. At least it was enough of a distraction to detract from where he was hurting the most.

 

Minho adjusted his clothes and took a deep breath trying to make sense of it all.

 

"You've changed." Minho began. "You don't talk as much. You're moody and distant. What he said isn't true." Minho thought he sounded so pathetic.

 

Kibum looked at him as if to ask what he's talking about.

 

"My brother said some nasty things about you the other day. He's wrong and ever so poor at judging people's character." Minho patted his shoulder."

 

Kibum smiled at the gesture.

 

"I'm sorry your majesty." 

 

"Kibum I told you before.-"

 

"I'm sorry Minho ." Kibum breathed. "There has been something on my mind but it's not important anymore." The bed shifted when Kibum stood up and stripped himself of all his clothing and lowered his back in the centre of the mattress.

 

"I'm ready." He said flatly waiting for Minho to take him and let the night be over with.

 

Minho's heart soared at the sight of Kibum's delectable body in its glory. It was like a feast and Kibum was his dish.

 

"You're so perfect." He whispered when he hovered above the boy. Kibum shivered at Minho's hands roaming all over his body. "So perfect." Minho placed a kiss to the clavicle, shoulder and the then lips, his favourite. If only the moment could last an eternity.

 

Oh how Minho wished it could.

 

...

 

Minho picked at his food as his father presided over the dinner. Onew and his wife to be were in attendance as well as her family. Kibum was there too because he was serving the dishes. Only beautiful servants had that opportunity to serve royal guest boy was Kibum beautiful. He looked stunning in his attire Minho admitted to himself.

 

Kibum avoided his gaze at all cost which didn't help him in feeling less guilty. He was either looking down at the floor or sparing quick glances towards the table. Once he caught Kibum stare but before his could manage a gesture or signal if any kind Kibum broke the contact.

 

 "Minho dear?"

 

"Yes mother?"

 

"Aren't you proud of your brother?"

 

"Of course." He smiled looked at his surprsingly deligted Onew holding hands with the even more delightful princess.

...

 

Minho found himself once again walking towards the servants' quarters that night. He was craving Kibum kisses, his touch, his caresses. Kibum invaded his thought completely. Plus , he was tormented by nightmares. There weren't exactly nightmares but they were very troubling. Scenarios of he and Kibum ruling the kingdom together, eating breakfast together, going to bed together...

 

He saw Kibum's door coming into view but halted in his tracks when the door opened swiftly only to close again. Was Kibum running away?

 

Oh the horror!

 

Kibum couldn't leave without telling him to stay...stay because I might like you..I might love you .. I don't know what I'm feeling but..you're the cause of it. 

 

Stay with me.

 

He made small, quiet steps but stopped before the door.

 

"Kibum don't do this." Someone pleaded. The voice was very familiar very...

 

"Jinki..there's no reason to live if you marry. I'll just die a slave within these walls."

 

W-what? Kibum??

 

Kibum was silent for a while and Minho inched nearer taking in the faint sounds of kissing.

 

What.

 

"Kibum get a hold of yourself!" Onew whispered loud enough for Minho to hear every enunciated syllable and his fist clenched in response.

 

"Tell me you love me. Tell me you love me more than her. I want to hear it. I need to hear it."

 

Minho heard his brother took a sharp breath. 

 

"I love you."

  

If there was any part of Minho's heart intact it obliterated upon hearing that confession. The world came tumbling down wiping away any remnants of happiness.

 

"I love you, Kibum. This marriage is nothing but a sham to unite two territories. If anyone, anyone finds out about us they can have you executed."

 

 Footseps heard sent Minho scurrying o the dark corner still in full view of the door. Prince Onew emerged...dressed as a servant with Kibum behind him in nothing but a shirt that wasn't long enough to cover his underwear and creamy white legs. Those legs had wrapped themselves around Minho's waist so many times. He bit his lip in anger at the vivid memory. He watched as his brother raised his hand to Kibum's cheek and then cupped his face while they kissed.

 

Minho could only cry silently as he witnessed the scene before him. Some how it all made sense. Onew's personal servant . Kibum. His moodiness. The proposal. Onew leaving Kibum's room. The mark on Kibum's neck. Everything. It hurt like a knife to the gut to realize that he was only a pawn in their chess game of secret romance.

 

So all that talk about Kibum being useless was only a front, a distraction from what was really going on. It was all coming back to him like a shower of rain washing the dirt away and making everything clearer. And with clarity , deception and betrayal were close behind waiting to be made evident becuase every thing had to had its spotlight one day. Well Minho felt his burn out as he continued watching.

 

"I want you, only you." He whispered desperately. "I tried loving Minho. He's so gentle, caring and loving. I tried but I can't bring myself to love him. When he touched me all over, kissed me and made love to me...I thought of you the whole time. Jinki I can't keep on doing this! I think he knows something , I'm sure of it." Kibum sobbed. The tears trailed messily down his pretty face effectively mirroring Minho's face as well.

 

"I'm sorry I had to put you through all that. I" ll put you away from here-" Jinki stopped when a door slammed in the distance, frightening them both and Minho himself. Kibum then kissed him and pulled him back into the room. The door closed and Minho was left to wonder what happened next. What was Jinki's plan? He sat crouched in the corner for a another two hours but the door never opened again.

 

Minho wiped the snot from the nose and walked to his room, his tired limbs moving slowly in his pathetic state. He was broken hearted, betrayed, deceived, fooled. He could go on and on but Kibum wouldn't feel the same. Kibum couldn't feel the same. Minho wasn't sure if it was love or pure infatuation but it ate at his heart just the same.

 

His mother had warned both his brother and himself of people with ulterior motives. If only he'd listened. 

 

But love doesn't listen. It does whatever it wants. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.......

I got rid of most of the grammatical errors. :)