Only you

Lucky Me

Jinki groaned staring at the computer screen, why he had to do this? Why he had to cover this story? He did not even like this kind of sport. Okay, he was not quite gotten in any sport to be more accurate, he was not even the sports area of the newspaper. So, why God he had to write that article?

Taemin laughed when he looked at Jinki. "You're still here whining?"

"Tell me why Taemin-ah, why do I need to write that article?"

"Because Mr. Park asked? Because if you do well on the article you will probably be promoted?"

Jinki sighed. "Okay, the promotion."

"Yes, the promotion."

"But I don't understand why it has to be on this subject, car racing, really?" he murmured whining again.

Taemin snorted. "Mr. Park just want to see if you are able to write about everything."

"But this is your area, you write a column sportsman, not me." he groaned hitting his forehead against the table.

Taemin shook his head. "It will be easy to write this article, you will write a story about one of the best runners of the season, nothing difficult here. You just need to research a bit about it and watch the race, simple."

"You're right, there's nothing to worry about. I just need to do my work and write about this race driver and I will be promoted."

"Exactly. You will finally be able to have your own table to write in your column."

Jinki smiled dreamer. "I cannot wait for it."

Taemin laughed patting Jinki's shoulder. "Then go home and do your homework, because tomorrow we have a race to watch."

Jinki stood up with a determined expression on his face. "See you tomorrow then."

Taemin nodded and waved at Jinki who quickly made his way out of the building, he had a lot to do and few time. He needed to find out everything he could about this racing driver of V8 Supercars to make the best story of his life and prove to his boss that he deserved that promotion.

 

 

The sun was shining happily, the day was in a pleasant mood, some clouds drifted through the blue sky and people walked around with their shorts and sunglasses. Jinki groaned blinking when left his house, he had spent all night researching about this racing driver and had barely slept, it was obvious he was in a bad mood.

Taemin waved smiling to Jinki inside the car, with a sigh he get in muttering a good morning and making the younger man laugh.

"Moodiness hyung?"

"More like a sleepless night."

"Well, it's better you improve your face so you can make your interview, or you want to scare the poor guy?" he asked laughing.

Jinki frowned at Taemin who laughed even louder.

"We still have two hours until the start of the race so I think you should hurry up to your interview."

Jinki nodded. "I am going, but what about you?"

"No interviews for today, just a report. I'll be here waiting for you and then we can watch the race together."

"Okay, so I'm going."

Jinki quietly entered in the building that his interviewee was waiting, sighing one last time he opened the door and looked around, there were two people inside, a man with black hair and sunglasses who was idly looking out the window and other with platinum blonde hair who was sitting on the couch with his feet resting on the coffee table while chewing something.

"Kim Jonghyun?" he said knocking on the door.

They both turned and that one who was sitting on the couch smiled, getting on his feet. "You must Lee Jinki, the reporter who will write a story about me?"

Nodding Jinki entered the room closing the door. "Yes, I'm Lee Jinki, nice to met you." he said shaking Jonghyun's hand, who smiled at him.

"That's Kim Kibum." he said pointing to the man with black hair who nodded.

Jinki nodded back at Kibum and pulled the recorder out of his bag, sitting where Jonghyun had indicated.

"I just have some questions Kim Jonghyun-ssi, I will not take much of your time."

"Call me Jonghyun and that's okay, I have time."

Jinki took a small notebook and pencil and started the recorder. "So Jonghyun-ssi, I did some research and I read that before became a driver, you used to do clandestine racing, is it true?"

Jonghyun laughed. "Yes, I came to this life still very young, I loved the speed and the only thing I wanted was to feel the rush of an race, I didn't really care if it was illegal or not."

"Okay, and what did you start to race on the V8 Supercars?"

"I met someone, he showed me that I could do everything I've always liked, everything I've ever felt in a race, but being a professional."

Jinki nodded, writing furiously in his notebook. "And who is this person? You still in contact with them?"

Jonghyun's expression changed and the corners of his lips trembled a little, his smile almost flinching. "Yes, we always see each other, he is a driver of V8 Supercars like me."

"And can I know his name?"

"No, I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is one of the subjects that Jonghyun-ssi does not speak. You should have done best your research, Lee Jinki-ssi." Kibum said with an angry expression on his face.

Jinki swallowed nodding. "I'm sorry Jonghyun-ssi."

Jonghyun nodded with a weak smile and Jinki quickly changed the page of the notebook looking at the questions he had written last night, he just ignored it all and decided to skip to the last one.

"How do you feel being the best runner of the season?"

Jonghyun laughed. "It's great, I'm very good, right? But I'll get better, I'll be the best racing driver of all time, you can bet." he said with a bright smile.

Jinki smiled. "Thank you for talk to me Jonghyun-ssi."

"Don't forget to watch the race and write a great story talking about my victory today."

Jinki nodded and smile. "I will."

 

 

Taemin was waiting for Jinki in the area reserved for the press along with other journalists and photographers, the race would strat soon and the sun was bright. Jinki had definitely not made for being outdoors under the sun, he was a man to stay inside the house protected from sunlight and heat that seemed to infiltrate to his pores and burning up the soul.

The racing drives began to circulate there, the engine roar was loud and Jinki watched the scene before him with curious eyes. A tall man who was wearing a black jumpsuit with white words written passed in front of him, brown strands that with the sun shone in his dark hair, Jinki's eyes were glued on him.

He whispered poking Taemin. "Who's that?"

Taemin narrowed his eyes looking where Jinki pointed. "The subject of my report. One of the best racing drivers of all time that on one hour for the other turned the worst of all time. Choi Minho."

Jinki watched Choi Minho pass in front of him and entering the pitstop. "And why is that?"

"I don’t know, nobody knows, he does not talk about it. Out of nowhere he went from first to last and Kim Jonghyun, became the best driver."

"This is strange." he murmured thoughtfully.

"Yeah, a lot."

The race was exciting, though Jinki not want to admit he thought staying in watching cars go around a racetrack was dull, but in the end it was nothing of that, it was fun and the adrenaline was still running through his veins. Jinki was inspired to start writing.

As Taemin had said Choi Minho lost, the man go and left the same way, in silence, leaving Jinki intrigued, yet he had better time in this race, and Kim Jonghyun won with a wide difference between him and the second placed, he had enough material to write a great story.

Sitting in front of computer Jinki wrote everything he had seen, described the thrill of being in a race for the first time, wrote the short interview he had with Kim Jonghyun and was pleased with the result, but there was one thing would not leave his mind, Choi Minho. Every time his mind drifted to the other driver, every time he thought about the race the tall driver with mysterious expression returned to his mind, Jinki did not know why.

On Monday Jinki was sitting next to Taemin eating his lunch quietly, calmly outside but inside he was a nervous wreck. Once he had reached the office, he had handed his story to Mr. Park and had not heard anything more about it, he was desperate to know if the boss had liked it or not.

"Jinki-ssi?"

Jinki looked up. "Yes?"

Mr. Park smiled. "You did a good job, congratulations."

Jinki sighed in relief. "Thank you sir."

"But one thing I couldn't understand, why did you wrote about the “mysterious driver Choi Minho” too?"

Jinki gasped. "What?"

Taemin's eyes widened looking at him.

"Well, I guess it was a bit inevitable not to talk about him, after all everybody is talking about him, so I guess it's okay. Good job." he said patting Jinki's shoulder and left.

"Mysterious driver Choi Minho?"

Jinki blinked looking at Taemin. "Er... hm... I... I just..."

Taemin laughed. "You're impressed with what exactly?"

"I don't know." he shrugged.

Taemin shook his head. "At least you managed to impress Mr. Park and that's good."

Jinki exhaled. "I guess so."

 

 

The line of the cafeteria was massive, it seemed that everyone in the neighborhood had decided to go there at the same time, was not even cold so why all these people wanted coffee anyway? Jinki sighed, possibly everyone who was there was caffeine addicts just like him.

People murmured irritated with the delay and the girl who was making the order was lost there, every time she forgot something and went back to order it again, someone in the back shouted telling her to stop stuttering and just order because he was in a hurry, Jinki shook his head, yelling at her would not help. The girl squealed cringing and missed the order again, it made the guy yelling at her again.

Suddenly the man who stood in front of Jinki turned angry. "Can you stop screaming? Everyone here is in a hurry and I'm sure she is too, you're just screwing up, shut up." he said angrily.

Jinki blinked, the man standing in front of him was Choi Minho, that Choi Minho who was much more handsome up close. The driver's eyes fell on Jinki who was staring with his mouth slightly open and then turned mumbling something about the guy being annoying and yelled in the morning, Jinki stood there mouth open without reaction.

"Sir?"

Jinki looked at the attendant. "Yeah?"

"Can I take your order?"

Jinki glanced sideways and saw Minho leaving the cafeteria with a large cup of coffee in hand. If he was in that cafeteria, it meant that he lived in that neighborhood too, right?

"Of course, I want a large coffee with extra cream, to take, please."

"Your name, sir?"

"Lee Jinki." he said still looking out watching Minho with his eyes.

The attendant nodded and wrote Jinki's name on the cup screaming at the barista the order and soon Jinki was outside the cafeteria holding his own cup and looking at the way he had seen Minho take, find the driver now only made ​​him even more curious about him.

 

 

 

Jinki groaned looking at the sky, the sun shining on his head heavily. "Why I am here again?" he murmured.

"Apparently Mr. Park loved your story and wanted more, but this time with Choi Minho."

"How come? Why me? I thought you had already written a story."

Taemin laughed. "I did and now Mr. Park wants another one, by you."

"B-but Choi Minho does not give interviews to anyone, why with me it would be different?"

Taemin patted the shoulder of Jinki. "You'll only know if you try and good luck with that, because he's coming." he said leaving.

Minho walked right past him, not even looked in his direction and Jinki frowned, was he being ignored?

"Choi Minho-ssi?"

The driver stopped walking and turned to Jinki. "Yes?"

"I'm Lee Jinki-ssi, the reporter who came to interview you." he said hesitantly.

"I do not give interviews, I'm sure I was very clear with your senior."

Jinki blinked, they had not told him that, in fact they had said that Minho was waiting for him. "I..."

Minho stepped forward and squinted. "I know you, from the cafeteria. Are you following me?"

"What? No, of course not. I did not know you were there until you turn around and put that annoying guy in his place."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Sometimes some reporters follow me and I think I'm starting to get paranoid." he said sighing.

Jinki nodded. "No problem. Hm, I really need to write a story about you, can I be honest?" he said getting closer. "I'm actually not the sports area of the newspaper, but my boss is convinced that I need to write about it, then you let me ask a few questions, I promise I will not do any weird question and I will write about your bad luck."

Minho raised an eyebrow and snorted amused. "You know what, I'll do it, but it has to be quick because I need to prepare to the race."

Jinki smiled happily. "Thank you Choi Minho-ssi."

Minho smiled and took Jinki to where his car was.

"Wow, your car is beautiful."

"Thank you." he said smiling proudly.

Minho's car was a white Holden Commodore with black accents and red bands doing a pretty pattern on the back of the car, the colors of the car were the same as the driver's jumpsuit, but reversed. Yes, Jinki had researched a bit about cars.

They entered a small room with a desk full of papers and a sofa in the corner, it was nothing compared to where Jinki had interviewed Jonghyun, but he clearly felt more comfortable there.

"You told me it's not the sports area of the newspaper, so you do what there?"

"I write a Sunday column about culture of the newspaper."

Minho laughed. "Is that so?"

Jinki chuckled. "Yeah, bu I'm doing this because of a promotion. I'm not a sporty person."

"And why not? Do you have something against it?"

"No! Is not that, I'm just was not made for this." he laughed awkwardly.

Minho smiled and the two were silent, since when Jinki began to feel that comfortable with the driver?

"I... hm, I should start with the questions."

Minho sighed. "Okay, go ahead."

"Your father and brother were pilots of formula one, you entered this life because of them?"

"Yes, mostly, but after my brother died in that accident my father forbade me from running, and I tried to change, do other things but to see my dad coaching other people just make me realize that I also wanted this. So I went back to run even against his will."

"So he does not accept what you do now?"

Minho's smile turned sad. "No, he said that if I became a driver I could get my things and leave, so I that's what I did." he said shrugging.

Jinki's eyes widened. "You chose to leave your family instead of stop living your dream?" he asked a little incredulously.

"I'm crazy, right?" he said laughing.

"Not crazy, brave."

Minho chuckled. "Maybe, but now I can't say that it's helping me."

They were entering in a dangerous territory and since Jinki promised that he would not talk about it, he decided to change the subject.

"So I hear that your time has improved in the last race, although I can't understand anything about it, you made me a good turn." he said nodding.

"Did you watch?"

"Yeah, I was here with Taemin, my friend and journalist sports area. I had come to interview Kim Jonghyun."

Minho seemed tense suddenly and Jinki frowned. "Yeah, things seemed better that day somehow." he said thoughtful.

Jinki leaned interested in the words of Minho. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing," he said shaking his head. "I really need to go now, I have to get ready."

"Oh, of course," he said getting up. "Thanks for the interview, Choi Minho-ssi."

Minho shook his head. "Yeah, no problem."

Jinki smiled and looked at Minho who raised an eyebrow, a small smile appeared on his round lips, not that he had looking at the shape of the driver's lips or anything.

"I'll be going then." he said leaving the room.

Minho nodded. "Bye."

Still with a smile, Jinki turned heading towards the area reserved for the press and sitting next to Taemin who looked at him frowning.

"Are you happy?"

"Well, I got to interview him."

"That's good."

Jinki smiled again thoughtfully. "Yeah."

 

 

Jinki stretched in his chair sighing happily as he looked at the computer screen, he was happy with the story he'd just write about Choi Minho, and still had a small interview that he had successfully managed to do, Mr. Park will be happy. He really was lucky to be the only journalist to get an interview.

Choi Minho had been impressive in the race actually, the driver managed to come in fifth place and that made Jinki surprised, for who always came in last was impressive. Jinki had to admit, he felt a little proud of Minho because of that.

Actually lately Jinki was thinking a lot about Minho and he could not forget the good feeling of being there alone in the company of the driver without saying anything, just sharing comfortable silence.

"What's happening to me?" he groaned.

Days passed by and Jinki handed his story and was again praised by Mr. Park, but he was also keen to emphasize that this was the last one he wrote on that subject, he needed to take writing what he was paid for, doing what he loved to do.

 

 

The television was on while Jinki finished preparing rice for breakfast, Sunday was the day he woke up early, took breakfast and then went out to buy a newspaper and read his own column . Yes, he was proud of his own work and was not ashamed to hide it from anyone.

The loud sound of the television caught Jinki's attention, the commercial showed that would be the antepenultimate race of the V8 Supercars season, showed scenes of beautiful, tanned people walking between cars, racing scenes and Jonghyun celebrating one of his victories. Jinki snorted, Minho should be there on the podium too, maybe even celebrating the victory himself, he knew that the driver deserved.

And there was Jinki thinking about Minho again.

The phone started ringing making Jinki jump and grab the device, so that he heard the name of the other side of the line, he froze.

"Choi M-Minho-ssi?"

"Actually I'm his assistant, Lee Eunsook. Minho-ssi asked me to call and invite you to watch the race today."

"W-why?"

"I don1t know sir, he told me to say that it was very important that you come to the race and he would be very grateful."

Jinki took a deep breath, his heart was beating fast in his chest and he did not know what to do, did not know how to answer. Minho wanted him to watch the race and it was important that he were there? Why is that?

"I-I... okay. Tell him I will be there." he said exhaling.

"I'll tell him, Lee Jinki-ssi, thank you."

"O-okay."

Why he accepted? Why would he go there? Simple, because he wanted to see Minho again, he could not hide it anymore.

Jinki stopped in the gates, he did not know where to go. He could not just go to the area reserved for the press because he was not there to work, so there was only one place, the bleachers. He took a look at the place, he did not want to sit there alone in the middle of people he's never met before, much less stay under the sun.

"Lee Jinki-ssi?"

Jinki looked at the woman standing in front of him, round and pink lips, full cheeks, long black hair tied in pony-tail that was  falling on her shoulders. She was really beautiful, but a little too much for his taste. "Yeah?"

"I'm Lee Eunsook, Minho-ssi told me to take you to a private room, you will be more comfortable there."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, please follow me."

Jinki followed Eunsook to a room that could be seen the whole racetrack, had several people around talking or just sitting there drinking something cold, seconds after entering Jinki saw that standing in front of the large glass that separated the room from the racetrack was Kibum, as the man had felt Jinki's eyes on him, he turned around looking directly at Jinki who waved at him and was totally ignored.

"You can sit there." she said pointing to one of the chairs.

Jinki bowed and sit there. Did not take long for someone to poke his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?"

Jinki looked at Kibum. "Can't I be here?"

"From where do you know Eunsook?"

Jinki began to get annoyed. "I don't know her, she called me because Minho-ssi asked her."

"What? Minho call you to be here?"

He could not help noticing that Kibum talked about Minho infomally.

"Yes, he asked me to come, why you want to know?" he asked crossing his arms.

Kibum looked at him. "From where did you know him?"

Jinki laughed forcedly. "Is this some kind of interrogation? It's not really your business, but if you want to know, why don't you ask him yourself?"

Kibum snorted and left stopping where he was before and Jinki clenched his fists in anger. What was Kibum's problem anyway?

A voice came from the speaker saying that the race would start soon and everyone sat with their eyes trained on the start line. Jinki sat back and sighed mentally praying to Minho make a good race, for the driver get a good spot in the rankings.

The light turned green and Jinki pressed the fabric of his pants against his tense fingers seeing the cars left at high speed, he had never been so worried in a race before, these last two he had seen he never was so nervous. He was worried about Minho and more than anything, wanted Minho to won that race.

Jinki's eyes were glued to Minho's car all the time, every turn and every minute that passed he became more escited. It was impossible to hide the roar of happiness when Minho goes over Jonghyun in the last turn and came in first place with a difference of thirty seconds between Jonghyun and him.

Jinki literally danced pumping his fists in the air and shouting happy making people look at him with strange glares, he could be caring less about it. Minho won, Minho went from last to first in three races, Minho beat the best driver of the season. Minho was phenomenal throughout the race. Minho was a amazing.

Jinki watched Minho go to the podium to receive the award, he could see the driver was nervous but had a dazzling smile on his lips and Jinki found himself trapped in that smile.

Photos were taken and reporters were preparing to try five minutes with the new champion. Jonghyun stood there looking at Minho with a serious expression, he certainly was not happy for losing.

Jinki realized that he should go, there was not his place, he was glad Minho have won the race, but now he needed to get back to his reality, and races and handsome men were not part of it.

 

 

Say that Jinki was shocked was a euphemism, he was literally open-mouthed and wide-eyed looking at the person standing in front of him.

"W-what are y-you d-doing here?"

Minho shifted his weight to the other leg and looked back. "Can I come in?"

Jinki looked out, Mrs. Kim was shamelessly standing across the street looking at them. "All right." he said stepping aside and letting Minho get in.

Minho walked in awkwardly and Jinki closed the door giving a hard glaze at Mrs. Kim.

"So..."

"Why did you leave?"

"Hm? What are you talking about, when I leave?"

"Sunday, you left without talking to me."

"Oh, I just... I just needed to do something."

Minho frowned looking at Jinki carefully. "Really?"

Jinki looked away. "Yeah, you know Sunday things." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"I wish I had time to talk with you after the race."

Jinki took a step back, suddenly seemed that Minho was so close to him. "W-why?"

Minho smirked. "Can't I?"

"Yeah, of course you can. H-how did you found out where I live?"

"Eunsook found your address, we actually live pretty close to each other."

Jinki blinked. Of course, he had meet Minho that day in the cafeteria, made ​​sense.

"Oh yeah, hm... Eunsook is your girlfriend?"

Why was he asking that? Dear God.

Minho chuckled. "No, she is my sister-in-law, she was my brother's assistant and after he died she came to work with me. And I'm totally gay, without girlfriends or boyfriends."

Jinki gasped and his cheeks were flushed instantly. He did not even know why he reacted that way, okay he knew, knowing that Minho was gay and was single made ​​him happy.

"Oh."

"So can you go to my next race?"

"You want me to go again?"

Minho nodded.

"Why? I mean, why suddenly this interest in making me watch your races?"

Minho shrugged. "I need you there. Are you going?"

"I don't know, I have my life, you know, I have things to do."

Minho pouted and Jinki thought it was so adorable, he wanted... he wanted to kiss those lips. God.

"Please, Jinki-ssi."

"I don't know, I need to think, okay? I'm really not a person who likes a lot of sports, so..."

Minho sighed. "Okay, I understand, but I would be very happy if you went and it is also very important."

Jinki nodded. "I'll think about it."

Looking over one last time to Jinki, Minho nodded and opened the door. "All right."

He watched Minho out and down the street toward the park, that means he lived in the new building that was built in front of the park? He was lucky to live in a place like that.

 

 

Jinki sat in front of the television and sighed, he spent the entire week working on his column, finally he was writing what he liked, writing about what he was good. And with that he ended up forgetting about Minho's request and about the race, it was pushed to the back of his mind and now it was too late.

On the one hand it was good to forget Minho a bit, forget about the man who showed up at his door unannounced, all handsome and making a cute pouting with a strange request for the second time. The driver needed Jinki there, why? Minho did not answer that question.

To not feel too guilty with himself, he had to admit I was feeling a tinge of disappointment for not going, Jinki the television and put on the sports channel to watch the race and cheer for Minho from his couch.

It was a few minutes to start and Jinki was biting his nails nervously, he hoped Minho won like last time, he wanted to see the driver smiling happy on the podium again, his eyes shining as he raises the trophy, and was applauded by the people, Minho deserved.

Everything was going well, Minho was going well, Jonghyun and him were competing to see who was going to win, they were well ahead of the other runners. Minho and Jonghyun entered a curve together, the cars running parallel when the rear of the car of Jonghyun slid sideways and hit into Minho's car making him lose control and get off the racetrack crashing against the wall of protection near the bleachers, pieces of metal and concrete flying everywhere and people gasping in shock.

Jinki yelled horrified by the scene.

He watched the paramedics arrived minutes later and pull out Minho of the car, lying him on the floor and talk to him, Jinki saw the driver nod and he sighed with relief, Minho was alive. One of the paramedics carefully lifted the driver and supporting him against one of the arms carried him to the ambulance that came out at high speed. Jonghyun watched everything standing beside the car without any reaction.

With trembling fingers Jinki researched the number of Eunsook in the call log of his phone and almost tearing his hair nervously waited. He had to call twice to Eunsook pick up, and Jinki understood that she would be busy and worried with Minho, but finally she answered the phone.

"Lee Eunsook-ssi, how Minho is?" he asked in a desperate tone in his voice.

"He is fine Jinki-ssi, stay calm. He hit his head and even that he was wearing the helmet, with the impact he got a cut in his eyebrow, Minho-ssi is in pain and a little dizzy, but nonetheless well."

"C-can I see him?"

"Well, I guess so. In half an hour he will be taken home and I think you can go there."

"Okay, can you send me the address?"

"Of course," she said smiling over the phone. "I'll do that right now."

"Thanks Lee Eunsook-ssi."

"No problem Lee Jinki-ssi."

Once Eunsook sent a text with Minho's address Jinki left home, he was right, the driver lived in the building across from the park and ten minutes walking he stood in front of the doorman.

"Oh yes, you can enter, Eunsook-ssi told me you were coming."

"Oh, thank you."

"Hm, can I ask you something? Are you brother of Eunsook-ssi?"

Jinki frowned. "No, I'm not."

"Oh really? You are so much alike." he said thoughtfully.

"Okay." he said slowly.

The doorman smiled and opened the gate to Jinki enter.

He stopped nervous in front of the door, why was he even there? Sighing one last time he knocked on the door.

"Come in, the door is open." he shouted from inside.

Jinki hesitantly opened the door and peeked inside, the apartment was simple with walls painted a shade of very light blue and dark furniture, a large white window showing the view of the trees outside and Jinki without contain himself walked stopping in front of it, looking out there, feeling the good smell of the leaves and fresh air.

"Eunsook-yah, you brought that..."

Jinki turned around looking at Minho who was leaning with one hand against the wall, the driver wore a pair of black sweatpants and a simple white shirt.

"Jinki-ssi?"

"Hey." he said awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I... hm... I came to see how you were, I was worried."

Minho frowned and came closer, Jinki realized that the driver was limping a little.

"You were worried about me?"

"Of course, I was watching the race and I saw the accident, I thought something had happened to you, thank God you're okay. Eunsook-ssi told me you hit your head and was in pain, so I spent the drugstore and brought this to you." he said raising his hand.

"Wait, you were watching the race? You were there?"

"Oh, I meant in my television, I was not there. I'm sorry. I was a little busy and I didn't have had time to go."

"That makes sense." he murmured.

"What makes sense?"

"Nothing, forget it."

Jinki nodded and shrugged. "You hurt your foot?"

Minho looked at his own foot. "Only a dislocated ankle, my foot got stuck in the car," he said shrugging and sitting on the couch. "Please sit down."

Jinki sat beside Minho and looked at the bandage on his forehead. "That must have hurt, are you okay?"

"Yeah, nothing too much happened."

"How so? You crashed your car, it could have been something much worse." he said wincing.

Minho smiled. "I'm fine Jinki-ssi."

"Call me hyung, I'm two years older than you."

"Hyung, I'm fine."

Oh, it was so nice to hear Minho calling him hyung, talking to him informally. Before he could stop a happy smile appeared on his lips.

"Are you sure?"

Minho frowned. "Maybe I'm not that fine."

"What? Something is hurting? Can I help you with something?"

"Hm, maybe you can hyung." he said getting closer.

"W-what can I do?"

"Hm, maybe you could, I don't know... kiss me."

Jinki gasped. "W-what?"

"Give me a kiss and I'll be better, hyung."

Jinki's face turned red, what kind of request is this? Since when kisses help with the pain?

"I..."

Minho leaned closer. "If you do this I'm sure I'll get better." he said seriously.

"M-Minho-ah I..." he stopped talking when Minho leaned closer.

Whom he wanted to deceive, Jinki was dying to kiss Minho.

"Hm?" he hummed. "Will you help me hyung?" he whispered looking at Jinki's lips.

He nodded, it was the only thing he could do, Jinki's brain had turned to mush.

Minho closed the gab between them and kissed Jinki quickly, when their lips touched he felt an electric current through the body, it was like everything disappeared around them and the only thing left were them. Jinki felt Minho's breathe against his cheek and he leaned closer to press more his lips against the driver's who in turn put his hand on Jinki's face,  his cheek.

The two parted and Jinki opened his eyes slowly, Minho stood there looking at him with a beautiful smile, there was no way he would not smile back.

"Better?" he asked a little embarrassed.

Minho chuckled. "Just a little."

Jinki's eyes narrowed. "You need more?"

"Yeah, much more actually."

Jinki chuckled. "I can help you with that."

"Oh, please help me hyung." he said bringing his face close to Jinki and kissing him again.

When he left his house, Jinki  was so concerned with Minho that he didn't even thought about what he was doing, he just acted. He did not know the driver was atracted in him, he did not even know he had was attrascted to Minho. He knew, but did not know who would had the courage to come this far.

The two parted panting, Minho slid his finger on Jinki's bottom lip.

"Your lips are addictive, God, I can't stop kissing you."

Jinki smiled. "So don't stop."

Minho leaned again when a knock at the door made him pull away from Jinki who sighed unhappy.

"Yeah?"

The door opened and Jinki blinked when he saw Jonghyun there.

"Hey, I know you. You are that reporter... Lee Jinki, right?"

Jinki nodded and Minho took off his hand from his face.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were." he said entering.

Jinki could feel Minho tense sitting next to him, the driver radiated a strange aura.

"Yeobo, I told you to wait for me."

He looked at the door and his eyes widened when he saw Kibum coming in, they all knew each other?

Minho shivered.

Kibum looked at Jinki and narrowed his eyes. "What is he doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Minho growled.

Jinki looked scared to Minho who quickly rose and faltered back because of injured ankle.

"Minho..." Jonghyun began.

"Don't. What are you doing here Jonghyun and why in hell is he here?"

Kibum huffed crossing his arms. "I came here with my husband."

Minho raged, Jinki could see his face red with anger, his eyebrows were together in a scary look. What was happening there? Something very wrong was heppening between those three and Jinki did not know if he wanted to get into it, he stood up awkwardly.

"Husband?" Minho asked incredulously. "You were married now?"

"Listen Minho-ah, I..."

"I don't care, go away Jonghyun and take your husband with you." he spat.

"Minho-ah, I just wanted to know if you were okay." Jonghyun said pleadingly.

"We can see he is very well." Kibum said looking at Jinki.

Minho looked at Jinki who was frozen in place and laced their fingers together catching him completely by surprise. "Yeah, I'm fine, I’m good actually. Go away."

Jonghyun sighed. "Yeobo let's go."

Kibum looked at Jinki with a glaring look. "You should not be here."

That seemed to be the spark to burst Minho who unconsciously clenched Jinki's fingers painfully.

"Who should not be here is you, you two. Get out of my house now and never come back here." he shouted angrily.

Jinki looked scared to Minho who snorted with rage, but had such a big sadness shining in the eyes of the driver, that made ​​his heart ache.

Jonghyun pulled Kibum. "I'm sorry Minho-ah, we're going." he aid leaving and taking Kibum along with him.

The door closed and Minho shivered collapsing on the couch and since their hands were together Jinki ended up falling awkwardly on the couch too.

"I'm sorry for that." he murmured.

Jinki looked at Minho, the driver was shaken and sad, and the only thing he wanted to do was hug Minho.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really."

"You want to talk about what happened?"

Minho looked at him. "Kibum was my boyfriend and Jonghyun my best friend."

That explained everything, explained the jealousy of Kibum, Jonghyun's concern and the pain in Minho's eyes.

"Oh, I get it."

"Yeah."

"It must be hard for you to meet with them always in the races."

Minho shifted uncomfortably on the couch. "Now not so much. I felt betrayed every time I looked at them and Kibum seems to think and act as if he still had rights over me."

"I can see that he was jealous of me."

"He's an idiot, they both are."

Jinki had to agree. How could anyone steal the friend's boyfriend like this? It did not make sense. Well, probably Kibum didn't't love Minho, who loves do not cheat.

"I... you want to go out and eat something?"

Minho raised an eyebrow. "If Eunsook discover that I left home now she will kill me." he said laughing lightly.

Bingo, he managed to change the mood.

"And what do you think, maybe we could order something or I can cook for you."

"Do you cook?"

"Well, I survived all these years living alone." he said laughing.

"Oh, that's great, because despite living alone for a while I'm still a denial in the kitchen."

Jinki laughed. "You live with frozen food or something?"

"No, Eunsook cooks for me actually. Since when my brother died, she kind of adopted me and always takes care of me."

Jinki was curious, how she adopted Minho, as a husband or a son?

Minho chuckled and tapped his finger against the forehead of Jinki. "I know what you're thinking, and no, not as a husband. In fact she was pregnant when my brother died and with the shock of the news she ended up losing the baby, she takes care of me like I was her son."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

Minho sighed. "My life is full of regrets and bad luck."

"Bad luck?"

"Yes, but let's not talk about it. Let's talk about the food that you will cook for me."

Jinki laughed and shook his head. "Show me the kitchen and what you have in the fridge, I'll do my best."

"First comes here," he said pulling Jinki. "I need more kissing from you."

How to deny such a request?

Jinki reluctantly opened the door, he did not want to leave, he wanted to stay. The pouting of the lips of Minho indicated that the driver did not want him to leave too. How can with just one day they have become so dependent on each other?

"Are you going to back, right?" he asked slipping an arm around Jinki's waist, who leaned to the body heat of the other.

"If you want to."

"I really need to answer that?" he said laughing. "Tomorrow?"

"I have to go to the office, but in the afternoon I am free."

"Great, then I'll wait." he said pecking Jinki's lips, who leaned deepening the kiss.

"God hyung, go away before I bring you inside again."

Jinki blushed, if he entered he probably would not want to go too. Okay, he needed to go.

"So see you tomorrow."

Minho smirked. "See you soon."

He walked up the streets with a silly grin plastered on his face, Jinki was in love with Minho and was no denying it.

 

 

The week passed in a blur, Jinki spent all his free time with Minho, when he was not in his house, the driver was at his, they looked like a couple of teenagers in love.

"I don't understand why you have to do this."

"This is the last race hyung, I have to."

"But you just have an accident, you almost died."

Minho rolled his eyes. "Don't overreact, I just cut my forehead."

"So what? It could have been worse."

"Hyung," he said grabbing Jinki's hands. "I'm fine and nothing will happen to me if you are there."

"What? What are you talking about now Minho-ah."

"You give me luck, since you watched the race, since you came into my life everything changed. You was not there on the last race and that's why I crashed my car."

Jinki snorted. "This is stupid, I'm not some kind of good luck charm."

"How do you explain this then?"

"I... I don't know, okay?" he said raising his hands up.

"But I know it's you. Then you go to the race, right?"

"But Minho-ah, you're still recovering."

Minho pouted. "I'm fine hyung, please."

Jinki sighed defeated. "Okay, okay I will go. But if something happens to you, I swear to God I'll kill you."

Minho chuckled. "Nothing will happen if you are there with me."

"Yeah, whatever." he said crossing his arms.

Minho laughed and leaned kissing Jinki's lips. "You're cute."

Jinki blushed instantly and Minho laughed. "Y-yah, don't say that."

"What, is truth." he said laughing.

Jinki snorted. "Silly."

"Come here." he said wrapping his arms around Jinki's waist and putting his chin on his shoulder.

Jinki sighed looking at the view from the balcony of the apartment of Minho, was simply divine.

He was concerned with Minho, he did not want the driver to get hurt, but Jinki also knew that this was Minho's life, that was what he did and that was what he liked to do, so Jinki could only accept and cheer to the person he loved.

Love. The word slipped into his mind without him noticing. He already loves Minho and that was a fact, but so fast? Only in a week?

Jinki looked at Minho who stared thoughtfully into sky, will be the driver felt something for him too?

"What are you thinking?" he murmured.

"Nothing." he said smiling.

Minho hummed snuggling closer to Jinki who decided to push such thoughts to the back of the mind, now was not the time to think about it, it was too soon after all.

 

 

Jinki and Eunsook sat on the room reserved waiting for the race start, his nerves were in tatters, he was so worried with Minho that he had barely slept at night. The fear that something bad was going to happen to the driver was too big.

"Stay calm Jinki-ssi, everything will be okay." she said putting her hand on his.

Jinki looked at the manicured hand of Eunsook for a few seconds and sighed. "I can't, I'm afraid for him."

"I know, I am too, every time I see Minho get into that car I remembered his brother, is very difficult."

"I'm so sorry."

Eunsook smiled. "Don’t be, it's okay."

"And now he comes with this kind of story of lucky." he muttered basically to himself.

"Oh no, he said that to you?"

Jinki raised an eyebrow. "Yes, he said that if I am here nothing bad would happen and he would win the race."

Eunsook laughed shaking her head. "Sometimes he is too much. You believe that?"

"I don't know," he said shrugging. "Sometimes I believe, but sometimes I just can't."

"You know what I think? Minho suffered so much, he was suffering a lot after that Kibum betrayed him with Jonghyun, he lost the two most important people in his life and he was heartbroken. I think he gave up a bit of himself, you know?"

Jinki nodded, Minho had to face many disappointments, the father who did not accept him, the brother who died and of course, Kibum and Jonghyun. It sure is difficult to have to deal with it all.

"Good thing he has you." he said holding Eunsook's hand again.

"He needed me the way I needed him, we were crutches for each other. But now he has you and that is where his luck goes, you gave to him the will to fight he had lost, you were the best thing that ever happened to him."

Jinki blinked, he did not know what to say. "I..."

"He loves you, you know? Minho is those people who can't hide his feelings, I can see when he looks at you, so if you don't feel the same, please get out before it's too late and he gets hurt again."

He looked at Eunsook who was with a serious expression on her face, there he realized how much she loves Minho, how she wants the best for Minho and it made him happy and hear that Minho loves him, made him even happier.

"I love him, I think I have always loved."

Eunsook smiled. "Glad to hear it."

The voice announcing that the race would start ended with the conversation and Jinki found himself nervous again, he could only breathe relieved when he saw Minho in front of him safely.

The cars went into high gear, every turn Jinki felt his heart out closer to the mouth, it was clear the competition between Jonghyun and Minho, and Jinki imagined that this competition went beyond the desire to win the race, there was a lot involved.

Minho was making a turn but Jonghyun was in front, remained in front for almost the entire race and Jinki saw there that probably Minho would not win, the driver may have improved in these last races but Jonghyun was still the best driver of the season and this was becoming increasingly clear.

"Minho will lose." he murmured leaning and putting his hand against the glass.

"No, he will not," Eunsook said. "He's just waiting for the right moment to make the overtaking."

Jinki frowned looking at Eunsook who was with a knowing smile on her lips, she was confident that Minho was going to win, then he would too.

And as Eunsook said, on the last turn Minho goes over Jonghyun's, making a closed and very dangerous curve, Jinki's jaw clenched nervous when Minho's car shook slightly with speed, but thank God nothing happened and with wide eyes Jinki watched Minho pass the finish line, the checkered flag waving indicating that he had won, Minho won the last race of the season.

"Didn't I tell you?" she said laughing.

Jinki looked to Eunsook and smiled happily, he was restraining himself not to scream and clap like an idiot, he was so happy that barely fit inside of himself.

"Go, go wait for him on the podium."

"B-but what about you? It is you who is there waiting for him."

Eunsook smiled. "Now is your place, it is you who should be there to greet him and congratulate. I'm sure Minho wants you there."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, go."

Jinki smiled and gave Eunsook a quick hug. "Thanks for everything."

Eunsook smiled and ruffled Jinki's hair. "Thank you, now go soon." she said laughing.

Jinki nodded and walked down the stairs to the building, outside was crazy with people running and drivers returning to the garages, plus the front stood the podium and Jinki could see journalists crowding around waiting for the three best riders of the race, of the season. Although Minho have won the last race, he was with low points because of having lost the others race, then Jonghyun was still the winner of the tournament, but that did not matter to Jinki, he was happy because Minho had won.

When the three riders climbed the podium Jinki felt he would cry, he was so proud of Minho that he did not even know how to express. They raised trophies and Jonghyun received the winner's trophy, Jinki saw that Minho had an angry pout on his lips and it made him laugh, the driver was adorable.

 

 

Jinki was lying on the couch staring at the ceiling with a silly grin plastered on his face, he had finally managed to get promoted after showing he could write about anything and he was very good with words. Now he writes in a weekly column about culture on the newspaper, on the subject he loves.

Life could not be better, he was gaining recognition at work, he was doing what he loved and he was the best person he could want with him. Jinki was loved by the man he loved most in the world, the most perfect man he could have found, the man he did not even think existed.

Suddenly Minho's face appeared above him. "What are you doing?" he asked in amusement.

"Just thinking."

Minho chuckled. "Are you ready to go to bed?"

Jinki sat on the couch and grabbed the hand that Minho was offering. "With you? Always."

"Tsk, ert."

Jinki laughed wrapping his arms around Minho's neck and getting closer. "With you, always." he repeated.

"Don't tease me, because then you'll be complaining the next day." he said placing his hands on Jinki's waist and bringing him closer.

"Hm, if I promise not to complain you will give me what I want?"

"And what do you want, hyung?" he whispered the last word.

It had been some time that Minho did not call Jinki hyung, they were well away from formalities now and when the younger called him that way was to provoke, provocation that Jinki could not resist.

Jinki slid his hands down Minho's chest and grabbing the of the younger man, rubbing himself against him shamelessly. Minho could not resist and growled low.

"I want you." he said with a growl.

Minho laughed getting away suddenly leaving Jinki blinking confusing. "See, you're a ert."

"W-what? You... you were teasing me?"

Minho laughed loudly and Jinki pouted, he did not like being teased, he did not like when the younger man does that.

"I love you so much, come here," he said pulling Jinki again. "Did I say that I love you today?"

Jinki snorted. "Not today."

"So I love you, so much."

"I love you too, but now I don't want it anymore." he said pushing Minho away.

"What?"

"I don't want it more, I lost the will. I'm going to sleep." he said turning and leaving the room, barely able to hide his smile.

"Hyung!" he whimpered. "I was just kidding, come here."

"No, I'm going to sleep." he said pulling his pants off and going under the blanket.

Minho crossed his arms and stared at Jinki who rolled his eyes.

"You can turn off the cuteness, it will not work."

Minho snorted. "Fine," he said taking his clothes off, staying only with his boxer and lying beside Jinki who had to hold himself to not to grab him and end with the joke.

"Just that, you will not insist as you always do?"

"No, you don't want it, then I will respect that." he said turning his back to Jinki.

"But that isn't funny." he said pouting.

Minho turned to Jinki, narrowing his eyes. "You will not catch me with that anymore."

Without contain himself Jinki pecked Minho's lips. "But this way is more fun."

"Oh, you like when I get angry and rude to you hyung?" he murmured with y voice making chills down tJinki's spine.

"M-maybe."

Minho smiled sliding his hand around Jinki's waist. "You don't need to tease me to this, you just need to ask." he whispered.

Jinki moaned and kissed Minho without contain himself as he pulled the younger closer, he loves to feel the body heat of Minho against him, the big hands of Minho everywhere, the heavy breathing, the low grunts coming from Minho's throat while Jinki deepened the kiss and nibbled on chapped but still delicious lips.

Minho always says Jinki gave him luck, which made his life better, but Jinki likes to think it was the opposite. He was lucky to find the younger man, he was lucky to be loved by Minho and now live happily.

Or maybe luck does not even exist, maybe it's just fate that was already written, that their meeting was fated to happen or was it all just by chance. I doesn't matter, no matter the circumstances in which it happened, what mattered was that they were together and they would build their luck together, one day at a time.

But the most important thing now was to push the damn boxer of Minho outta the way, he needed to feel the younger man against him. Always.