[PART 1] A negative 1st impression

My friend's brother

[Don't forget to read the description and the Foreword :D]

 

I came at Hye Yun’s home to start working on our oral presentation.

Hye Yun :“After school, come in my home, my parents are on a vacation, so we’ll be in peace to start working on our presentation!”.. That’s what she said to me. But then, she whispered something:

I just hope that my brother will not come …”

 

I wanted to ask her why she doesn’t want her brother comes, but I said to myself that it’s not my business.

 

HY: Please come in! Welcome in my house

Me: Thank you! I brought some soda and potato chips

 

She thanked me, and then, we stayed in the living-room and we worked seriously during 2 hours.. but soon I caught a headache, so we stopped. Instead, we the TV, and watched “The Heirs”.

 

We were lazing while watching the drama, when someone came sit on the armchair, and changed the channel.

HY: Oppaaaaa! What are you doing?? Why did you change it?!

 

Oppa? It’s his older brother. Who does he think he in is? Why he changed the channel without asking us before? Of course, I said nothing, even if I had an urge to yell on him.

 

He doesn’t even answer her, he just ignored us…

 

HY: Ok Yeonra, sorry. Let’s go to my room…

 

Me: What is his problem?

HY: Sorry.. But please, don’t be upset, it’s my brother’s character. But he is a very nice person actually.

Me: Upset? Me? Are you kidding me? It’s just that I think it’s not very polite.

 

I was talking with Hye Yun when her brother called her. She went to join him, and I heard what he asked “Bring me some soda”

 

It made me angrier toward him, I hate his behavior of macho man!! He was closer of the kitchen, so why he didn’t move his to take it himself.

I waited she came back in the room, and I stared at her while shaking my head:

 

Me: tsk tsk tsk…

HY: What ?

Me: Are you his slave?

HY: Why do you say this?

Me: You down the stairs to bring him soda, whereas he was just next to the kitchen?

HY: You are too noisy! Please, don’t care about it.. he’s my older brother.

Me: Okay, you’re right… it’s not even my business! Anyway, I got to go. See you tomorrow at school.

Hye Yun: ok…

 

The next morning, we attended class as usual. And, our teacher told us a surprising news :

 

-Teacher: Starting today, there will have a new student.

-Classmate: Really? I hope it will be a boy, hihihi

I laughed too because I agree with her… there are indeed more girls than boys I our class

-Teacher: Yes, it will be a boy. So I count on you all to welcome him properly.

-Me: But, why only starting today? And not in the same time as us?

-Teacher: I know nothing about him too. We will ask him when he will arrive.

-Me: *to Hye Yun* It’s cool, a new student in our class;

-Hye Yun: I’m not sure, but I think I know him…

-Me: Really? So, tell me more!!

-Hye Yun: No! Because I’m not sure it is indeed “him”.

 

Is she thinking about her brother? Surely not! He looks having at least 3 years more than us, and if it’s her brother, she would be sure that the new student is him. I shook my head to remove this stupid idea from my mind.

 

-Teacher: By the way Yeonra, I choose you to help him to catch up his late, after class, from now on.

-Me: W-what ? … but why me?

-Teacher: Because you are my best student, and you are a very nice person, so this is why you will accept without complaining.

 

Some of my classmates booed me and threw me balls of paper, for kidding.

 

-Me: Arghhhh So childish!!!  I hope I will be paid at least!

-Teacher: No way! But I will be nicer with you from now on *sarcasm* Do no worry, it will be fast, because he already has studied what we are doing, so its knowledge will come back quickly.

I felt like I had nothing to say but accept.

Classmate: Hahaha, you are a er

 

I was about to yell when the door opened. It was the new student, I stared at him, and, OMG, it is indeed Hye Yun’s brother! But why?

 

Hye Yun: *to me* I knew it! But why he didn’t tell me?

 

Teacher: Ooooh, I know you! You were my student 3 years ago! Choi Seunghyun isn’t it? And Hye Yun’s oppa, right?

Please, introduce yourself to the students.

Seunghyun: I’m Choi Seunghyun, the new student.

 

Classmate: Nice to meet you Seunghyun hyung. We were wondering why you start class only today?

Seunghyun: This.. is not your business. I decided to back to school, to get a diploma. So, I’m not here to make friends or something.

He said nothing more, his glance is cold. He looks being an asocial person. Because of him, an uncomfortable atmosphere hovers in the room.