Mandatory Measures

Mandatory Measures - Woohyun

Tapping his thumbs against the leather of his steering wheel, worry ran through Woohyun’s mind while he drove over to your place. Stopping at a red light, he bit down on his bottom lip while he glanced over at the picture of you on his phone.

Pacing around your living room, you tried to rehearse what you were going to say when he got here. Pulling at the bottom hem of your shirt, you occupied your mind for a while as you found the perfect line to say when Woohyun was standing in front of you.

However, when the knock on the door distracted you, all of your perfect words flew out of you mind in an instant. Slowly approaching the door, you tried to grasp the words that you once had, shaking your head, knowing that they were long gone, you opened the door.

"Jagi, are you okay? Did something happen?" Woohyun’s obvious concern caused your heart to soften, opening the door a little wider for him, he made his way inside.

Closing the door behind him, he didn’t even bother to take off his shoes before his hands gently took yours in pure worry and concern. His chocolate eyes searching your face for any clue to tip him off to what was happening.

"I’m okay, Woohyun. I just have something to tell you" Glancing up at him, his puffed out chest gently relaxed as he started to take regular breaths.

"You sure?" He tried to catch your eyes with his again, "You aren’t hurt are you?"

"That is why I messaged you saying, ‘I need to talk with you’" You quoted yourself. "You were the one insisting to come over."

"I was worried about you" Woohyun sincerely confessed, he started to slip off his shoes before you squeezed his hand, causing his eyes to look up at you.

"You don’t have to take your shoes off, I will make this quick" You told him, nodding his head, he laced his fingers with yours.

Waiting a few moments, you looked down at your socked feet, your lips and trying to find those perfect words that you had just a few short minutes ago.

"What’s going on?" His voice cut through your thoughts again, your eyes glancing up at him once more.

"We should go sit down" You told him, letting your hand drop from his, he looked down at his lonely hand, still in the position of holding your hand.

Following you like a little puppy, you sat on the couch and he sat close to you. The chocolate eyes of his looking over your face, his hand gently reaching out and resting his hand over yours.

"You’re scaring me jagi, what is this all about" Woohyun started to get increasingly worried for you, his eyes continually searching your face.

"Woohyun, you have been here for me every time I needed you, you have been nothing but an amazing boyfriend to me and I can’t thank you enough for the time you spent with me, for the messages and late night calls, for all of the hugs and kisses you have wasted on me" You stopped for a moment to try and compose yourself.

"I didn’t waste anything on you, I love you and you are worth much more than what I have been able to give you" Woohyun ran his other hand along your shoulder and down your back, gently brushing his thumb against your back.

"But still… you gave them to me, freely" You looked up at him, "Even though we have been together for a little under a year, I don’t know if I can do this anymore." Your voice tapered off, getting quieter while your hand slowly slid out from his.

"Whatever it is troubling you, we can work through it okay" He slid over on the couch a little, moving closer to you.

"No, Woohyun. We can’t work through this one. It’s over between us." You made eye contact for a second or two before letting your eyes drop, "I am sorry, so sorry. We just can’t be together anymore."

Woohyun’s heart dropped, his stomach felt sick and he just blinked at you. With his breath stopping for a moment, he retracted his hand from your back.

"Are you serious, ________?" Woohyun paused for a moment, "You really don’t want to be with me anymore?"

Shaking your head, you closed your eyes, trying to keep the tears in your eyes. Biting your lower lip harshly, you tried to distract yourself with a different kind of pain that filled your heart.

"Is there anything that I can do to change your mind?" Woohyun softly begged, his eyes starting to coat over in fresh tears.

"No, j-just leave, p-please" You whispered, your voice cracking from your tears. Turning your back towards him, your body hunched over the arm rest of the couch while you let your tears roll down your face, slowly.

"I still love you, _______, nothing will change that" He leaned up and kissed your head, watching your shoulders move with every shaky breath, he knew all too well that you were crying.

Petting your hair slowly, he watched you before you lifted your up your hand and pushed his hand away from petting your head.

"I said to leave" You told him sternly, turning to look at him, he still sat here.

"Leave!" You started pushing his shoulder, his hands held your arms while he softly called your name. Tears rolling down your face and you shaking your head.

"I told you to leave!" You screamed, using all of the pain in your heart to push him out the door, he slipped on his shoes and agreed to your wishes.

Slamming the door in his face, you let out all of your sobs, right then and there. Sliding down the back of the door, you curled up in a ball while Woohyun listened to your sobs.

Warming up in the practice room the next morning, Woohyun’s blood shot, puffy eyes told about his emotional night outside of your apartment.

"What do you think could have happened?" Dongwoo knelt down besides Woohyun.

"I really don’t know, I went over everything and I don’t think I did anything" Woohyun whimpered before a few more tears slipped from his eyes.

"Maybe it wasn’t you" Myungsoo proposed

"Come on, Myungsoo, it wouldn’t be like someone tried to break them up on purpose" Hoya stretched in front of the mirror.

Just then, his memory flipped back to the different meeting that he had with the manager.

"I want you to break up with, _______" His manager stood there in front of him.

"That is silly, why would I break up with a girl that I really love?" Woohyun chuckled

"Because I said so" The manager folded his arms over his chest.

"You’re crazy, there isn’t any way that I would do that" Woohyun stood up and patted his manager’s shoulder before he left the office that day.

"Oh no" Woohyun came back to the present, standing up on his feet, he ran to the door.

"Where are you going, hyung? Sungjong called after him.

"I will be back!" Woohyun called back to s before he got to your door.

Trying to catch his breath, his knuckles hit your front door. The door opened after a few more knocks and his arms instantly wrapped around you.

"Why didn’t you tell me that the manager asked you to break up with me?" Woohyun whimpered against your shoulder

"H-H-How did y-you find o-o-out?" You questioned, your fingers gripping the fabric of his black tank top and his hoodie that hung loosely over his shoulders

"He asked me the same question, but I couldn’t do it… I just couldn’t" He gripped you tighter, his fingers spreading around your back and holding you tighter.

Your cries accompanied his, for a long while, you both stayed in each others arms, never wanting to let each other go.

"I d-didn’t want to b-b-break up with y-y-you" You whispered into his neck, "I love you"

"I love you too. I won’t break up with you" Woohyun gently turned his head and kissed your cheek softly. "We’ll go to the manager tomorrow and straighten all of this out"

"B-But what about the rest of the day?" You pulled away from the hug and looked into his wet eyes with yours.

"I’ll spend the rest of the day with you. You deserve this with everything you have been through and all of your precious tears being shed because of me" Woohyun brushed your tears away with the backs of his fingers.

"W-What are we g-g-going to do?" Your hiccups cut off your words, making you cuter by the second in Woohyun’s eyes.

"Cuddles and a movie?" He tilted his head at you, his smile curling onto his quivering lips.

"Perfect" You whispered and leaned up, pecking his lips with yours.

Leading you over to the couch, closing the door behind the two of you and cuddling on the couch with all of your favorite movies being played on repeat. Hours passed, both of you fell asleep on each other, just content being with each other once again.