let's just stay friends

7 years of love

I walked through the pavement, slowly I was flashed with images from the past. 4 years back, this is the road i go through everyday, with her by my side.

 

Happiness, that's all what we felt before. A tear fell through my cheeks, burning it and waking me up from my dream. Why did I let her go when I still have the chance to hold her hands and let her stay?

 

--flashback, 4 years ago--

 

I walked side by side, holding her precious weak hands as we walked through the stoned pavements going to her house back from the university

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, do you love me?" she stared at me with her loving eyes. It took me sometime to reply to that as I was drowned onto her mesmerizing eyes.

 

It wasn't until she nudged me that I realized I was staring at her for so long, "I'm sorry, of course I love you," I smiled at her and kissed her hand, then turning away as soon as I felt myself going red.

 

This 3 years relationship is still going so strong, I reminded myself. Things were different 3 years back, we were in highschool when this relationship begins. She was a new student in the school at that time and we were partnered for a maths project. And that is how our relationship grew.

 

"Kyuhyun, why are you smilling to yourself?" she woked me up from my dreams.

 

"Hmmm? Nothing, you know I love you so much right?"

 

"Hahaha, you are blushing right now," she laughed out loud as she poke her tongue out and ran away from me.

 

"Yah!!!!"

 

 

==============

 

 

"Mum, I want to say something" I said to my mum as she sat at the kitchen table and grab a glass of water.

 

That evening, we decided to finally tell my mum about our relationship. Her parents are okay with it but my mum, she's a bit strict and choosy. But after 3 years of our hidden relationship, we decided that it's now time to finally confess everything to my mum.

 

As soon as my mum arrived home, I asked her to wait in my room until I call her. I would definitely explain everything to my mum first before revealing or she might just say no. If my dad was still here, he would say yes to our relationship.

 

"Mum I want to say something," I took the chair in front of her and look through her eyes.

 

"Urrmm before that Kyuhyun, tomorrow afternoon after your school, I'll pick you up from your school for lunch okay? I want you to meet my friend."

 

"Your friend?"

 

"Do you remember my friend, YeonHee? She babysitted you when you were young,"

 

"No, I don't remember her, why are we meeting her?" I asked her in a monotone language.

 

"Oh that one, I want you to meet her daughter, her name is Lee YounHa. She goes to Anyang girls highschool, just 3 years younger than you," at that statement, my heart skips a beat.

 

"Mum, I don't want to see anyone at this time," I frowed.

 

"Why? Do you have someone already?" she glared at me.

 

"It's not that, it's just..."

 

"Good, since it's not that then, just follow me tomorrow!" she concluded as she stood and walked away from the spot into her room.

 

For about 10 minutes, i froze at the chair. I was definitely speechless and I didn't realized she was still hiding in my room.

 

Slowly, I walked to my room and entered it. At the corner of the room, she was sitting on the floor. Her chin was rested on her legs. Her hair falls downwards covering her whole face.

 

"I'm so sorry, i tried," I sat by her side. She wasn't replying to me and I assumed she was sleeping.

 

As I was about to carry her to my bed, she raised her head and what I saw creeps me out. Hairs were all over her wet face, her eyes were red and her cheeks were so puffy. She was helplessly sobbing as she rub her eyes a few times.

 

"Please don't cry," I pleaded her.

 

"Hey please don't cry," I sat back next to her, I was also on the verge of tears. For once, I never saw her crying and this scene is so vain.

 

"I'm sorry Kyuhyun-ah, I guess we were never meant to be with each other," my heart drops to the floor as she grab her bag and left me dumbfounded on the floor, crying. I ran after her down the stairs and out of my house, but I was too late. The black taxi infront of me left my house at a fast speed and I... I regretted.

 

 

========

 

 

It's been a few weeks since that targedy happened, and at that period of time, I never saw her again. She wasn't in school for a few weeks and at that period of time too, I was introduced to this YounHa girl.

 

She was nice to begin with but my heart was still attached to her. For once, my mum forced me to take YounHa on a date and we did, almost every weekend. Even me and her, we don't go out every week and if it wasn't for my mum, I wouldn't want to go on a date with YounHa.

 

Today, it's exactly a month after that day, and after a month, she finally showed her face at school. And I found out that she was on a holiday break with her family to Jeju, her hometown.

 

"Hey," I ran to her. She turned her head to me and her expression change, she quickly turned back to her group of friends.

 

As I arrived at her table, she smiled at me, it wasn't like the usual loving smile she always give me, it was more like a forced hurtful smile, her eyes gave it all.

 

"What is it Kyuhyun-shi?" my heart skips a beat, my breath was getting heavier. I missed her so much and all she replied were 'what is it?' and it is so formal, it's like we were never close to begin with.

 

"I just..... I just want to talk to you," I looked at her, with pain.

 

"I guess we'll leave you guys here for some private talk,' said Gyuri, one of her friend.

 

"No it's okay Gyuri, we have nothing to talk about anyway," she looked at me still with that hurtful smile.

 

"I guess that's it Kyuhyun-shi, have a nice day," she smiled again.

 

For about a few months, I did all the catching and all she did was constantly rejecting me. At the same time, I was still forced to take YounHa to dates and to be honest, it was killing me.

 

 

=========

 

 

"Hey, please look at me," I pulled her into one of the empty lecture theather.

 

"Please look at me," I touched her cheeks and she rebounded back.

 

"I'm sorry," "I'm sorry for not telling my mum about us when I have the chance and now things are getting worse..." I said everything in one breath.

 

"And now, everything is getting worse, that's why we shouldn't add any salt to the wound and just go with the flow," she continued my sentence as she stared at me angrily.

 

"No, no, this is not how I want us to end," I pleaded.

 

"Kyuhyun, please understand me, it's killing me knowing that your mum won't ever agree to our relationship and to know that you are currently dating someone else, it's killing me, do you even know that?" she finally break down into tears.

 

"I know... I know...." I whispered, that's all I can think of at that time, for that instant my mind went blank, I can't think straight and for that once instant, I wasn't making it any better, it's getting worse.

 

"I'm sorry," I whispered again. She was clearly showing dissapointment.

 

"I'm sorry Kyuhyun-ah, maybe we are not meant to be with each other, even your mum are against us, maybe we should really just be friends," she smiled with tears.

 

 

===========

 

 

pps. I edited it, Went to aff and found out that somehow all the spacing were gone in this chapter.... Edited it... Enjoy, thanks for reading.