TaoHun: Somewhere in the Past

SM High For the Gifted

"You're a lot more than just a controler of time."

 

Generally, Tao liked to think that he could endure a lot. He trained a lot of his childhood to perfect his wushu and become the best. He went through hell with having to study in school, and then running over to the small dojo like room to start his standard training. And even though Tao believed a lot of the time that despite his training in disipline and such that he was indeed normal he knew he wasn't.

 

When he was shipped off to SM during his first year of high school he realized that quickly. Time was in the palm of his hand, and in more ways than one.

 

SM High for the Gifted was a school that offered answers and Tao wanted some.

 

Of course he noticed his abnormal control over the force of time before he was shipped off, it was there ever since he could remember. Which he could remember way back to when normal people couldn't or shouldn't remember.

 

The first time he realized he had a "gift" was in the second grade. Tao rarely messed up due to his disipline and cordination. Being clumsy and forgetful wasn't something he could aford to be. So when he walked into class and forgot to do his subtracting and adding homework of course he was on the verge of tears. But he would at least put an effort into doing the homework.

 

So he sat in the back of the classroom, struggling to finish the problems. His teacher was strict and stress seemed to be something that leaked out of him since everyone in the class was so still and quiet. Honestly Tao didn't even bother with his surrondings, which a master of technique should notice. So when he finished the last problem in sloppy handwriting and looked up he was scared to death to see that everything was moving in slow motion. And only he was normal. 

 

Of course he broke down right then and there, already on the verge of tears from uncompleted homework and now the classmates were just being rude and playing some joke on him. The clock even seemed to stop moving.

 

Tao realized soon that it was indeed no joke and he panicked, willing things to turn back to normal. And although he had no idea at that time that it was him, looking back it really shouldn't haven't been obvious.

 

It was also around that time that the dreams started to arrive. Dreams of a time Tao believed that he lived, maybe in his own life, maybe in another he didn't know. He would dream of years ago, and then dreams of yesterdays and even tomorrows. The since of de ja vu had no effect on Tao after the end of the second grade but he got use to it.

 

He started spending more time trying to figure out exactly what it was. And of course he came up empty handed, but he would try and shift the clock and it time began to become something that he controlled.

 

He was happy, truly he was.

 

He would run to wushu practice after school, and then practice time, and then before school do his homework. That was probably the main reason for the bags in his eyes today but what could he do.

 

And even though on so many shows and movies controlling time had a consequence Tao could not think of one being that none appeared. He was stupid to believe that control of something serious would have no effect.

 

He felt it in his body, how he was a little slower in wushu practice. How he forget things, and that was unusual.

 

At the start of his middle school career, before Tao could walk out of the door he noticed them.

 

The ghost.

 

Tao had come up with the theory that he had controlled time so much, that he turned the hands of the clock so far back that he brought the dead back from their grave.

 

They never noticed him, they never paid any attention.

 

They wandered along, and it became hard for Tao to decipher a real person from a ghost. 

 

And he wasn't afraid of them then, oh no. It was freaky, hell yeah, but as he afraid...no. Until he met him.

 

"Ya' know if you explain the effect of the holocaust on more than just one person I think that that could help. I have a few stories in mind."

 

Tao looked over his shoulder of the small library, and screamed.

 

Because one, ghost never talked to him. They wandered and went their own way. And second...he had looked him in the eye.

 

And when you look ghost in the eye it's a hell of a scary thing.

 

He felt the chill down his bones and the way he seemed to feel his heart stop and the blood that just stopped flowing.

 

After that day, on the third week of his middle school career, Tao feared the ghost.

 

Or more like, Oh Sehun.

 

Tao realized quickly that Oh Sehun the ghost was different. Oh Sehun followed him everywhere, chatting when he felt the need to. He felt it hilarious to point at other ghost and laugh. "The Samurai called they want their hair back." He would cackle.

 

But Oh Sehun wasn't just a prick to other wanders. He was also a prick to Tao himself, or maybe he didn't know.

 

It became hard for Tao to practice wushu when the ghost himself would get into stance and mock him. His master had kicked him out because of the pure rage that Tao had felt when Oh Sehun mocked him.

 

The first time Tao talked to him, he went on a rant.

 

"I don't know what your problem is but you can't just do that. I allow you to follow me around and talk your but obviously your mocking me. So either stop or leave."

 

And of course, Oh Sehun had cackled.

 

He laughed and laughed all the way back to Zitao's home, with that annoying smirk on his face.

 

And when Zitao snapped again with a 'what?!' He did not expect the answer.

 

"You finally talked to me."

 

And that was the first time Tao had seen a geniune smile from the ghost.

 

His practice with time haulted after that. Being constatly bugged by Oh Sehun who wouldn't shut the up. Tao would constantly have to force himself to practice, and don't tell Oh Sehun this, because Oh Sehun was a lot more entertaining than making the minute hand move backward a little.

 

However, despite Tao's lack of practicing his time control, the dreams got horrible.

Fire lashed out at Zitao as he sat waiting. He waited for the fire to be tamed. Waited for the heat to go away. But it wouldn't stop. This was his room. He remembered how it was set up like this. All of the toys that a child would need to play and endure the boredom. But he would remember the fire, remember the burning sensation that clinged to him as he sat and cried with no way out right?

 

But the most horrifying thing was not the flames. It was the thing within the flames. Teeth barred and horns pushed out. His red skin shinned within the fire and a sickening grin was etched on his face.

 

"A fire for a royal soul?"

 

 

 

Now, Zitao's history with Oh Sehun seemed to go on forever. Over time Tao became known as a freak because he stopped giving a and openly talked to Sehun outside. His friends quickly scattered away and days at the lunch table with howls of laughter became years in the school library with whispered chatter and giggles.

 

But it somewhat bugged the out of him, Oh Sehun's attitude.

 

Sehun had a way of knowing Zitao's mind better than anyone. Zitao didn't openly say his thoughts or things that bugged him and Sehun (the ghost had told him call him after a year) would always bring up.

 

Like in Zitao's last year of middle school, he was worried. He was obviously different to which no answers besides the fact that something mentally wasn't right with him. Which was not the case.

 

He wondered with slight hope if others like him were out there. Those who control something untangiable, and possibly see sometihng unseeable?

 

"There's this place, called SM High for the Gifted." Sehun told him when they were on roof of his house. He talk to Sehun in the house, not when his mother was around. "There may be people like you there."

 

Tao frowned. "How do you know I want to meet people like me?"

 

The smile that formed on Sehun's face was sad and never reached his eyes. "Because I use to know you." 

 

Tao didn't question it and instead he ran off to his room, looking up the school and indeed it was real. But with people like him? There was one way to find out.

 

And thus was the journey that Tao embarked on, saying goodbye to the wushu master, and his mother who cried so much his heart nearly broke. And out he was going to city to live with his step cousin Luhan.

 

Sehun didn't like Luhan much, unknown to Tao. He believed from some feeling in his gut that it was the fear of cats. He giggled to himself. 

 

"Stop bullting yourself. I'm not a coward like you."

 

"Of course I'm the coward. Your a ghost and you still are afraid of Luhan. Whether or not he has those fake ears."

 

Sehun scowled. "I'm not a ghost I'm a historical figure."

 

Tao rolled his eyes. He's quite adamant that Sehun is a ghost being that he's probably never done anything historically great or had any influence on history really. Tao was trying to master time after all, and history was a subject that Tao enjoyed very much. In all of his text books the name Oh Sehun was never significant. In fact, it was never there. 

 

When Tao had brought up this fact he was surprised at the serious response. "Just because you froget doesn't mean I will."

"Ya' know I think that Kris kid is a bunch of bull. I mean who has an english name, that is spelled wrong by the way and was raised in China?"

 

Sehun threw himself on Zitao's bed. He seemed thoroughly pissed about Kris, the transfer student from Canada. Apparently he was a wolfhybrid. Hybrid of what Zitao didn't know. But he did find it cool that Kris wanted to find out more about wolf history and asked Zitao for his help. Of course Zitao accepted because, yes, his first friend since moving, besides Lu-ge's boyfriend Minseok. And also too the taller was asking him about history. Something Zitao loved.

 

Tao raised his eyebrow in question. "It's spelled wrong? How do you know that."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, along with his body on the bed. "Because he introduced himself as Kris, with a k, when originally it's Chris, with a ch."

 

"Yes because I should obviously know all about english names." Tao snarled throwing a glare at his best firend.

 

Sehun just ignored him, staring at the ceiling with a scowl etched on his face like he does most of the time when he's feeling guilty. Tao figured this in one of his dreams. Although all of his dreams are those that concern with time, some of them began to become about Oh Sehun. They were all confessions in which Oh Sehun himself told him something personal. There were a lot of things he knew about Sehun just from the dreams. And Tao thought that because he had a close connection with Sehun these dreams always appeared.

 

Although he felt bad a lot of time because he was always in someone elses body, listening to Sehun's confessions.

"Crap, sorry I'm late Kris!"

 

"Shh."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Shush!"

 

Tao looked over the wolfhybrid and furrowed his eyebrows. "What the hell. I don't hear--"

 

"Shut up Zitao!"

 

And Tao did Shut up. He stepped into the clearing of the woods, trying not trip on a branch or something since it was so dark. Kris was staring out to the moon and a small smile spread on his lips.

 

The moon was beautiful and since the day that Tao entered the school he noticed that it sparkled. In pretty lavenders and dark blues, the sparkles seemed to make the moon so enticing. Really it had Kris hooked. Tao thought that because of his wolfhybrid background being attracted to the moon was jsut normal. But he was wrong ultimately. Kris liked the moon because of the sparkles. And Tao was quite sure that the obsession would carry on for a while.

 

After the sparkles dissapeared into thin air, Kris turned to him. The soft serene look on his face soon hard and cold. "Now why did you interupt me?" 

 

Zitao glared. "I had a question."

 

"So? Ask."

 

Ignoring the blunt rudeness Tao looked down at his feet. "Well it's about ghost." He mumbled.

 

"Speak up, peasant."

 

"I'm not a ing peasant."

 

"Yeah, and I don't have ing super hearing."

 

Zitao frowned. "Yeah you do. You're a wolf--"

 

"Either ask your question or begone from my sight." Kris looked down at his imaginary watch something Tao didn't understand.

 

"It's about ghost." Zitao shifted. "Have you seen one before?" 

 

Kris paused for a second before a hearty laugh came from his mouth. "We may be gifted  but ghost don't exsist Zitao."

 

And with he walked off. Leaving Tao in the small clearing, trying to figure out what the was up with him.

 

The walk back to his dorm was long as his thoughts were beat into his brain. Someone has has to seen ghost. Someone must know. But all Zitao found was the bull researches and something about haunted places. If he possibly visited one of those places though, maybe he could find the answer.

"For the last time Oh Sehun, I'm quite sure your a ghost."

 

Tao fiddled with equipment in his hands, placing the voice recorder in the small pocket of his bag.

 

"And for the last time Haung Zitao, I'm quite sure I'm not."

 

Tao frowned as he zipped up the watter bottles in his bags and looked over at his best friend. Winter break now came along which meant that Tao have time on his own. Bundled up in his coat and boats he threw the backpack over his shoulders and walked towards the door. "C'mon Lu-ge is waiting for us." 

 

Sehun didn't budge. "I'm telling you Zitao this is stupid--"

 

"So then tell me all about ghost and I won't go." He fought back with heated glance. "Despite Minseok patience Lu-ge hates to wait. Let's go."

 

And they did. Walking off into the snow and into the warm car he smiled at his seniors. "You really like those fake ears don't you Lu-ge?"

 

Sehun glared at the older who of course, didn't notice.

 

"Yep!"

 

Minseok looked confused but ignored it as he pulled out of the driveway of the school and sped off. The silence engulfed them and Tao placed his head back as he looked out the window into the night sky. He never felt Oh Sehun's touch when the ghost placed his head on his shoulder and slowly traced an outline of his fingers.

 

Zitao had never been so terrifyed in his life.

 

These weren't ghost like Oh Sehun. These things...they were worse.

 

He couldn't make himself believe it, after the innitial first scare when the ground seemed to rumble Zitao told Luhan that he could take Minseok back, which he happily did.

 

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?" Luhan asked brows furrowed in fear.

 

It's okay I've got Sehun. "Don't worry ge. I'll be fine." Tao threw Luhan a smile as the small boy left clutching onto a shivering Minseok.

 

"I think we should head back too Tao." Sehun suggested when Tao continued to walk foreward. 

 

"But I'll get all the answers I need." Tao said reaching to open a door. They were in an abadoned bar. It was a creepy bar if Tao had to say so himself. But he would endure it to find out exactly why only Oh Sehuncould talk to him and acknoweldge him.

 

"Don't touch that Tao."

 

Tao looked back at the enterance frowning. "C'mon Sehun. Why are you all the way over there?" 

 

Sehun looked hopeless as he stood there. "I'm not allowed to go any further and they're already mad. Let's just go back--" 

 

"I have to find out what's going on, and this is apart of me. Since you won't tell me this is the only way." And with that Tao opened the door. And he felt his body shake as the same fire seemed to engulf him suddenly.

 

"TAO! Get away from there!"

 

"..."

 

"Tao?!"

 

Tao was transfixed on the dark eyes that flamed with rage above him. Looking down at him with hatred and spite The red horns that pushed out of his scull was horrendous and the razor sharp teeth that threatened him let out a ordous smell when he opened them up and charged at Tao.

 

Tao forgot about his control over time.

 

"A fire for a royal soul."

When Tao first realized he had control over time, he never thought about why. But watching himself cry, seeing his child like self so terrified made him wonder why.

 

Zitao never thought about dying. So was this the equivilant? Having to watch himself grow again. And getting answers this way.

 

He didn't remember this life, though.

 

A life where he was in control of not just time, but a whole world.

 

"As a prince you must be protected." He didn't know this woman, but she looked a lot like his mother in bed sick and tired. "Therefore I got you this."

 

It was a necklace, a cross. In the small middle part a symbol of wings. 

 

"A gaurdian angel."

 

Oh my this is long~ So I will have a part two for this if wanted.

And there will be more romance!