final

Thunder

 

Over the years of living with Sehun, Tao has made it a habit to write lists of What I Love and What I Hate.

Yes, he did those kind of things. He usually wrote them down when Sehun was at work, obviously when he was bored and got nothing to do. As the days passed, the lists eventually gets longer.

Of course, the first thing -or rather someone- on Tao's What I Love list is, without a doubt, Oh Sehun, his ever so loving human boy.

Just right before tuna. Followed  by his toy plushie, Candy. (He insist on saying all of this three when someone ask him his favourite things) Anything with tuna is his favourite daily meal. Who doesn't love a tuna?  And his cute plushie toy which he loves to cuddle with when Sehun is not around.

There's more but that would take too long to list down.

Now, what does he hates, you ask?

Well, one thing about Tao is that he is scared of almost everything. The list goes on with what he has fear of, might as well change it to Things That are Scary, as Sehun had said one day when he saw the list. Thunder and darkness just happen to be the top two on the list. Tao, growing up as a lonely, homeless kitten had made him experienced enough for him to be scared of those two.

And this situation, Tao think, is the worst situation he ever get into. Even worst then that one time when Baekhyun, a rabbit hybrid -Chanyeol's rabbit- made him watch a horror movie when both humans were out while both of them were at Sehun's house. Sehun had made Baekhyun accompany him that day because Chanyeol had to bring Sehun somewhere for work. God, that movie had scare the life out of Tao. The poor thing was a trembling mess under the coffee table when they found him, clawing at the now ruined carpet. (After that day, Sehun swears to never allow Baekhyun to stay alone with Tao again. Ever.)

But Tao think that was still okay since he at least had Baekhyun with him. This time though, he is alone.

Tao has his body curl into himself with his knees to his chest, head tucked in his arms. His cat ears flatten against his head and his tail wrapped around his body. The poor catboy is hidden in Sehun's closet, trembling and shaking with fear, tears rolling down his cheeks. He jerks everytime the thunders strike and when the lighting flashes that he could see from the gap between the doors. Around him, there's only darkness because of a blackout that happened due the thunderstorm. It is night time and the street lights does nothing to lessen the darkness in the house.

An hour ago, Tao was just lazing on the couch, watching a rerun of his favourite k-drama on tv while waiting for Sehun to get home when suddenly a loud thunder was heard and the house then gone silent, save for the pitter-patter of rain. Tao had ran up to their room immediately, making his way into Sehun's closet. The closet has a faint smell of Sehun's scent, help him feel calm in the least.

 

Another lighting strike followed by thunder making Tao jump and let out a sob because he hate the sound, his head nearly hitting the shelf above. Tao silently curse the weather reporter for the unaccurate report this morning. He fairly remember how the lady on tv had said it with her jolly voice, "It will be sunny all day long!" .

Tao can feel goosebumps all over and he really, really need Sehun right now. He is alone and he is scared. All the thunders and lightning making him remember all the scary creatures and ghosts. If only he knew this would happen, he would have made Sehun stay with him. It rarely rain in the town so Sehun usually didn't mind spending the day off to comfort Tao when he had to.

He rocks his body back and forth slowly, arms and tail tight around his form as he cries and whimpers helplessly as the thunders continue rumbling. 

Sehun. Sehun. Sehun. Please. Please come back.

--------

Sehun sighs as he leans back against his chair, stretching his arms out.

Today had been a busy day and looks like he be home late again. He just hope his Taozi won't be mad at him.

Maybe he should buy the panda plushie he saw the other day on the way home later...

He has been typing on his laptop for the past few hours, preparing some reports regarding their newest project. His boss, Junmyeon had to go out of town for some meeting therefore, asking Sehun to finish them in these two days.

Just a little more though and then he can finally go home and rest. With his Taozi. He can't help but smile at the thought.

A knock on the door distract him from his train of thoughts and he straighten up. "Come in."

Jongin, his workmate and also his friend comes in with a file in his hand.

"What is it, Jongin?"

Jongin places the file on his table, laughing slightly at the distress expression on his friend face.

"Just come to give you this, I've finish the report and has it check already." 

Sehun nods and massage his temples with both hands, "Okay, thanks Jongin."

Jongin smiles, "Dont mention it, buddy. But hey, don't stress yourself too much okay?" He reaches over to pat him on his shoulder.

Sehun smiles at his friend and goes back to typing on his laptop.

"Oh, looks like there's a thunderstorm tonight. It's been a while."

What. Sehun's fingers halt on the keyboard and he looks up, seeing his friend's gaze at the window behind him. He looks behind and sure it's raining. Not only that, now that his focus is away from his laptop, he can actually hear the thunder and see the flashes of lightning here and there. Well, .

Sehun saves the microsoft word he's working on and close his laptop with the speed of light, startling Jongin as he then packs his things into his briefcase.

"Hey man, where are you going?" Jongin asks, brow furrowing in confusion.

"I need to get home now, tell boss I'll finish them soon."

Quickly, he makes his way out of the office, ignoring the calls from Jongin and the weird looks he gets from his workmates as he run for the stairs since the lift would make him wait. He is on the 7th floor though but he can't be bothered as only one thing is in his mind, Tao.

Wait for me, Taozi. I'm coming!

---------

Tao shivers as the cold air hit him. The wind is picking up with the storm apparenttly. He feels more scared as time goes by because he suddenly can see some faces and weird forms here and there when there's actually nothing. He can't help but imagine some ghosts and monsters creeping outside just waiting for him to come out. By now, he is already a sobbing mess, he can't be bothered wiping his tears anymore.

Suddenly, he hears something that sound like a door hitting the wall as the sound echoes through the quiet house. He freeze and his eyes widen in horror. His heart beats start to pick up when he hears some craeaking. What if it's the ghost coming to get him?!

Then, there is the sound of wet footsteps coming closer...and closer. Tao whimpers and shut his eyes tight with his hands clamped to his flatten ears, trying to block the sounds out. His lips start trembling even worst now.

It's nothing, it's just your imagination, Tao. Sehun will come back. He keeps repeating in his head.

The sound suddenly stop and Tao almost sigh in relief when suddenly the closet door open making him hit his head on  the shelf above. He feels so shock that he let out the manliest shriek as he cowers back, desperately wanting to blend with the wall behind him, clawing at the wall. Crying, "Please don't eat me! Please don't eat me! I-I'm sorry, Mr ghost!"

"Taozi? Oh god! Are you alright??" Tao feels two familiar arms wrapping around his shaking body and he relaxes a little when he recognizes the voice. The voice that he comes to love so much.

"Sehun..." He says shakily and hug back tightly, sobbing into Sehun's neck. He takes a deep breath and smells the familiar scent that comfort him.

"Shh I'm here. Everything is alright. I'm here, Taozi." Sehun rubs his back soothingly while cooing softly in his ear. He gently pulls Tao out of the closet with Tao still clinging on him like a big koala despite Sehun drenched body.

"I'm sorry, Taozi. I'm sorry for being late." Sehun says, brushing his fingers through his hair to his cat ears and Tao leans into his hand. "The car broke down a block away from here so now I'm wet too." Tao just shake his head, not wanting Sehun to feel guilty. He's just glad Sehun is finally here. With Sehun close like this, he can easily block out the sound and noises outside. 

Sehun just continue patting his back with his other hand until Tao calms down and until his tail stop swishing wildly.

"Taozi, I need to change my clothes. I'm all wet. Please let go for a while yeah?"

Tao shakes his head furiously, tightening his hold. Sehun sighs.

"Taozi, I don't want to get sick and obviously I don't want to get you sick too." But he only get the same respond as Tao buries his face deeper into Sehun's neck, if that possible.

Sehun sighs in defeat and walk the small steps to his closet with Tao waddling along. He takes out some clean clothes and as in on cue, Tao loosen from the hug to give some space between them but never losing his hold around Sehun.

Sehun rolls his eyes but with an amused smile on his lips, he peels himself off his clothes to his brief, which luckily isn't wet and takes a towel to dry himself. He gently raise Tao face to look at him and see the red puffy eyes along with the lines of dried and fresh tears under his eyes. He wipes Tao's face with the towel until he looks more decent and wipe at the wet spots on Tao's shirt. Then, he put on his clean clothes on with difficulty but with some helps from Tao, he manages.

Sehun smiles at him and Tao is fast to put back his face in the nook of Sehun's neck. It's not like Sehun minds it, he love it when Tao being all cuddly. He chuckles ligthly, and rubs Tao's back again as they both waddle to the electric source box.

"Taozi, please take the flashlight for me." Sehun says and Tao is quick to obey since the flashlight is just on the table beside them. He hold it for Sehun, flashing it to where Sehun wants it. Sehun whispering good boy after, making Tao blush.

Sehun tries to see what's the problem is, fixing it with one hand, his other hand still caressing Tao's back as Tao hums happily.

When the electric come back and the light is on, they both go back to the room and lay down on the bed. Sehun pulls the cover over them. Tao shifts to find a comfortable position and when he's done, he put one leg over Sehun while his tail wraps loosely around Sehun's leg. He then cuddles up against Sehun and purrs contently as Sehun put his chin on top of his head and hums softly to comfort him.

"Go to sleep, Taozi. I know you're tired."

Tao giggles, he really is grateful for Sehun. He doesn't know if the storm is over or not, but he definitely doesn't care now with Sehun by his side, he doesn't hear anything except for Sehun's calming heartbeat.

"You too, Hunnie. Thank you for coming back." The arms around him tigthen.

"Of course I would. I won't leave you alone, not at time like this. Don't worry, okay? I'm here." He whispers into his hair.

Tao hums. He know how Sehun cares about him and that's one thing he loves about Sehun. Always thinking about others first.

He feels the drowsiness slowly consuming him as he yawns. "Hunnie?" He calls softly.

"Hmm?"

"I love you." 

Tao can feel Sehun's smile on his head as he kiss the top of his head. And before he falls asleep, he hears the soft, sincere reply, "I love you too, Taozi. Sleep well."

--------

 

A/n: Welp, at least I tried haha

Yeah, I know it took me forever to update this but yeah, it's just this short -,- I'm sorry

off topic for awhile, watever happen, let just continue supporting Tao... I'm forever supporting OT12

but anyway, hope this is fine for a first fic^^ I did get some help on grammar from my friend so thanks to her too. Thanks for all the support!