First Snowfall

I Couldn't Stay Away

Luhan couldn't believe it. It had already been 3 months since he decided to pack his bags and move to Japan.

 

Moving to Japan wasn't easy though. It took him 2 weeks to understand and speak basic Japanese for just in case he got lost and so that he wouldn't look like a retard if someone was asking him a question. It was another cold morning when Luhan began to reminisce old memories with his friends. He remembers how Kyungsoo and Baekhyun came over after failing their exams and drank hot chocolate all day while watching various dramatic dramas. Of course, once in a while they would talk and have hour long conversations but it still didn't feel the same. He missed them but he couldn't leave Japan. Especially when Japan had a lot to offer him. Besides, he loved the company he was working in now. The people were friendly and would praise his designs and sketches. 

 

As Luhan walks around the city of Tokyo with his hands in his pockets for warmth, he couldn't help but stare at all the couples holding hands. Luhan thought it was a beautiful sight. It was the first snowfall of the year anf the snow was falling gracefully on the ground, as couples made their ways into cafes and resteraunts for breakfast. It was times like these where he missed Sehun. Everything was just so ed up before he left that he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. He took a deep sigh before entering the Jun Fashion Cooperation building and forces himself to stop reminicing about the past. 

 

"Goodmorning." Luhan smiles, as he greets his co-workers. When he reaches his workstation, he places his belongings on the top of his desk and bowed at an angle when he saw his boss's secretary approaching him. 

 

"Mr. Jun's looking for you in his office." 

 

Luhan nods ands follows the secretary into Mr. Jun's office but can't help but wonder what made Mr. Jun call him to his office. Did he do something he wasn't supposed to? Or did Mr. Jun finally have enough of him and decide to fire him? Luhan shook his head. He couldn't be thinking of all the negative posibilities. Maybe Mr. Jun was calling him to praise him for his decent work habits. Whatever it was, Luhan had to think positive.

 

"Luhan sit." Mr. Jun smiles and extends his arm towards the empty chair besides him, as a signal for Luhan to take a seat. Luhan bows uncomfortably and takes a seat on the chair. Mr. Jun examines how Luhan plays with the hem of his shirt in silence and begins to laugh. 

 

"Don't worry I didn't call for you in here because you've done something wrong. In fact, you're one of the best employees we've had in this company in a very long time."

 

"It's all because of your kind training, sir."

 

Mr. Jun shakes his head. "No. We only provide our employees with the proper training they need to be successful but its up to them to decide whether they want to listen and learn or screw things up. And I'm glad that you've decided not to screw things up."

 

"Anyways, I've called you in here to discuss something rather important. A company is currently in search of new designers and invited 10 of our top designers to go as interns and design clothes for their top artists and trainees. It's a great opportunity for them."

 

"That's great, sir." Luhan responds. "But I don't see why I'm-"

 

"Well you see, I've decided to send you as one of the designers." Mr. Jun explains and Luhan's jaw drops. "It's a 3 month internship position for an entertainment company. It's a very good opportunity for you and I suggest you go."

 

"Wow. I- I'm speechless. I really can't thank you enough for choosing me as one of those designers. I'm honored. Really I am. Wow. Thank you!" 

 

Mr. Jun smiles. "I'm glad you decided to take on the offer but I do want to inform you that this internship may be a quite difficult task. Having to design for celebrities is very tiresome especially when dealing with top artists. They may not be well mannered but as for you, you must try your hardest to be. Are you sure you're prepared for that?"

 

Luhan confidently nods his head. "I'll try my best not to harm any of them."

 

Mr. Jun laughs. "Very well. I shouldn't keep you waiting any longer so go and get back to your training. The internship starts in a week in Korea-"

 

"Korea?" Luhan blinks and Mr. Jun nods. "Sir, It's only been 3 months since I've moved here. I can't move back to Korea-"

 

"Why not?"

 

There were many reasons why Luhan couldn't come back to Korea. For starters, where was he going to stay? Sure he could stay in Kyungsoo's or Baekhyun's place but they both live to far from the city and staying in a hotel for who knows how long is quite expensive. Second, he just moved to Japan a couple months ago and moving back to Korea means that spending all that money in learning Japanese was a waste. Besides there were still unresolved issues that Luhan had to face if he returned to Korea. Going back meant possibly seeing Sehun again and remembering all the good and bad aspects of their past relationship.

 

Luhan shook his head. What was he doing? Was he actually considering of rejecting the offer that could possibly make his dreams come true? All this just because he was scared of seeing Sehun again; something he wasn't even sure was going happen in the first place?

 

Luhan sighs and mets his boss's gaze with a determined face. "I'll work hard to knock their socks off."

 

 

-

 

Second Trimester (Week 14)

 

When Baekhyun wakes up in the morning, he's used to being alone on the bed. Connsidering the fact that Chanyeol has a very strict work schedule that consists of going to work early in the morning and working until the very late hours of the night. It still suprises him how they both still manage to keep their relationship working, when in reality they only manage to see each other for a couple of minutes a day. However, when Baekhyun gets up from the bed and makes his way into the kitchen to start breakfast, he sees his boyfriend picking up his cup of coffee in one hand and holding the newspaper on the other.

 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun gasps in suprise. 

 

Chanyeol puts the newspaper aside and raises an eyebrow. "So now you finally decide to wake up. It's almost 12, Baek. You slept earlier than me and I still managed to wake up earlier than you."

 

"It's not my fault your kid decided to keep me up all night." Baekhyun replies, as he makes his way towards Chanyeol. He takes a seat beside the latter and steals his coffee. Once the taste of the coffee hits his lips, Baekhyun spits it out and makes a disgusted face towards the latter. "Remind me never to ask you to make me a cup of coffee. Like ever. That was freaking disgusting."

 

Chnayeol rolls his eyes, taking a sip that disgusts Baekhyun even more. "I like my coffee extra dark. It's not my fault you drink too much sugary coffee. Anyways, what were you saying about the baby?"

 

"What I was saying was that your kid kept making me uncomfortable while I was trying to sleep." Baekhyun explains, getting up so that he could make himself breakfast. Chanyeol keeps his eyes fixed on him, as Baekhyun opens the fride and takes out a carton of eggs and a bowl. He whisks in two eggs and then talks again. 

 

"But at least I dont feel like throwing up all the time anymore. Anyways what are you doing here? I thought you had to work late again today?"

 

Chanyeol watches, as Baekhyun places the eggs on the frying pan and adds a 3 strips of bacon. "Did you forget about your doctors appointment today? You asked me to go with you."

 

Baekhyun snaps his fingers in realization. He places the cooked bacon and eggs on his plate and returns to the table. "Oh shoot that's today? I totally forgot. But are you sure the office is going to be okay without you. Because you know I'll be fine by myself-"

 

Chanyeol reaches to grab a strip of bacon but gets his hand slapped by Baekhyun. Stealing food from pregnant people is a very bad idea. "Okay, okay I get it. I wont eat it. Gosh."

 

"But really it's okay if you can't make it to the appointment. I'll understand-"

 

"The company's going to be fine if I leave them for one day. Besides I promised you I would go with you and I always keep my promises especially if they're with you. And plus, I missed you and it could be a lame excuse to go on a date with you." Chanyeol replies. "How does a nice date after your appointment sound?"

 

"Sounds romantic." Baekhyun giggles and in return Baekhyun hands Chanyeol a strip of bacon. 

 

-

 

When Bakehyun and Chanyeol finally arrive at the doctors office, the doctor instructs Baekhyun to lay down on the hospital, as the nurses begin to set up the equipments for the ultrasound. The doctor then rubs gel on top of Baekhyun's bump and places another device on top of Baekhyun which begins to project a black and white ultrasound of their baby.

 

Baekhyun stares in awe. It was amazing how the baby had grown so much in only a few weeks. During his first ultrasound when he was just a couple of weeks preganant, they had only managed to see a small black spot that the doctor said was the baby, to which Baekhyun refused to believe. But now, everything felt so real. The outline of the baby was actually visable now.

 

Baekhyun mets Chanyeol's gaze and smiles. Chanyeol then takes the chance to interlace their fingers together before turning his full attention to the ultrasound of their baby. 

 

"It looks like the baby's beginning to take form and is developing well. The vocal cords and organs are beginning to develop and teeth are beginning to form as well. By now your baby is about the size of a peach and is about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces."

 

The doctor sees Chanyeol's worried expression and smiles. "Your baby is doing very well. There's no need to be worried. That's the normal size of babies during this stage of the pregnancy."

 

The doctor then turns to Baekhyun. "But since you are through with your first semester and approaching your second, make sure you are eating properly and sleeping on your side from now on. Sleeping on your stomach could damage some of the baby's organs, as they're starting to develop." 

 

Baekhyum nods. 

 

"If you both don't have anymore questions, then you're free to leave."

 

-

 

"Why the are there so many foreign documents on my desk? You know I can't speak or understand-"

 

Kyungsoo stops his sentence when he looks up and sees that Jongin had a visitor. A very, very pretty visitor looking through a couple of magazines on the bookshelf. From what Kyungsoo could see was that she was very tall and slim. She had long, black hair and when she looks up at Kyungsoo, he notices her delicate facial features. He bows in embarrassment and then proceeds to speak. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a guest. I'll come back later-"

 

Jongin sighs. "It's fine. Stay. We can discuss here about the issue."

 

"Your friend?" The girl asks, keeping her eyes on Kyungsoo. 

 

"My secretary." Jongin corrects still keeping his eyes fixed on the computer. It was the first time that Jongin's ever addressed Kyungsoo just as his secretary and not his boyfriend.

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. "No, it's fine. I don't want to interrupt." 

 

He makes his way towards the door and leaves; however, he misses the look that Jongin has on his face, as he watches the latter exit his office.

 

Once Kyungsoo's in his desk, he begins to busy himself with work, hopeing to get the image of Jongin with a girl out of his head. Sure, he had some sort of feelings for Jongin but he didn't know that it was this bad. He thought that those mere feelings were just an attraction that he had for the latter. He didn't even know why he was so affected when he saw the two together. It wasn't like the two were flirting or anything. In fact, the two weren't even on the same side of the room. Kyungsoo didn't have a right to be jealous. He was just a pretend boyfriend for Jongin anyways.

 

Nothing more. 

 

Kyungsoo angrily flips through the pile of documents on his desk when suddenly a voice interupts him. "Not having a good day I suppose?"

 

Kyungsoo looks up and sees Suho standing in front of his desk with a smile plastered on his face. He returns the smile and puts the documents in his hands aside. "I'm just really tired. That's all."

 

Suho looks at the clock and then back at Kyungsoo. "Well it's almost break. Do you want to have lunch with me?"

 

Suho watches, as Kyungsoo bites his lips in hesitation. Kyungsoo stares at the pile of documents on his desk and Suho understands. Kyungsoo was busy. But before Kyungsoo has a chance to speak, Suho speaks first. "How about coffee? It'll be quick and I could get you back here for you to finish your work in no time. Promise."

 

"Besides you owe me."

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow in confusion. 

 

"Jongin kind of interrupted our dinner the other day. So it would be only be fair, if I got a redue. So what do you say? Do you want to have coffee with me?"

 

Kyungsoo turns his head to stare at the closed door seperating Jongin's office from Kyungsoo's. He figures that Jongin wouldn't even care if he had coffee with Suho. Besides it was obvious Jongin had other things to do so instead Kyungsoo nods his head in agreement. "Sure."

 

-

 

"Jongin." Jessica coos, as she takes a seat on the couch. "I'm bored."

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, still unwilling to look up at his sister. His annoying older sister, who just returned from America a week ago and has already gotten in trouble with their mom because of her overspending. "Then go home. Make up with mom and go home. I'm busy."

 

"No. Not until she apologizes to me." Jessica pouts and crosses her arms. She doesn't even know why her mom got mad at her, it's not like she was spending her mom's money. She used her own money for everything she bought during her trip. "You know what, I don't even understand why she doesn't get mad at you for overspending."

 

"Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's because I actually go to work everyday and not take long vacations to go to America or Europe." Jongin responds and Jessica scoffs. "This is your first day returning to work and here you are, annoying the out of me. You're lucky you're my sister or else I would've fired you a long time ago."

 

" you. I'm going to go and talk to Suho. At least he listens to me." Jessica responds, standing up to take her leave. Before she leaves she throws a piece of crumpled paper at her brother and sticks out her tongue. 

 

Jongin takes a sigh of relief when he hears the door slam, meaning that Jessica had finally left. 

 

A couple of minuted later, Jongin hears the door open again and thinks it's Kyungsoo. When he looks up and sees Jessica making her way back to the couch, he grits his teeth. He throws his hands up and takes an exasperated sigh. "What the are you doing here? I thought you were going to talk to Suho-"

 

"That little er left without inviting me out to lunch." Jessica responds, taking out her phone to text her cousin a very nasty text. "His secretary said he left with your secretary for lunch."

 

Jongin looks up at his sister and furrows his eyebrows. He shakes his head in denial. "My secretary. That's impossible my secretary has a bunch of work to do-"

 

"Well it's possible because I didn't see him either when I entered your office." Jessica replies. "Why are you jealous that they didn't invite you either?"

 

Jongin rolls his eyes and returns to his work. "Shut up and get the out of my office if you're not going to work." 

 

"Gosh. If you were jealous just say so." Jessica mutters under her breath.

 

-

 

"Baek, when I said I wanted to take you out on a date, I didn't mean go to your coffee shop and eat here." Chanyeol sighs, as he carries their tray of food and drinks to their table. Baekhyun takes his seat and then glares at his boyfriend, looking very offended by what he had just said. 

 

"Don't get me wrong or anthing, I love your cafe. It's delicious. I just thought that maybe we could've had a more romantic date together. Like go to a more quiet, romantic place to discuss what's been going on with our lives and all. Considering the fact that we barely ever see each other-"

 

"Baek, are you even listening to me?" Chanyeol asks when he notices Baekhyun wasn't paying any attention to what he had just said and instead stared into the distance. 

 

Baekhyun turns his attention back to Chanyeol. "Sorry, what did you say again? I thought that I saw someone I knew-"

 

"Nothing. I'm just going to use the restroom." 

 

As soon as Chanyeol leaves to the restroom, Baekhyun notices his bestfriend entering the cafe with another handsome man besides him. When the two exchange glances, Kyungsoo approaches Baekhyun's table with his guest. "What are you doing here? I thought you had work?"

 

"I did but it's break right now." Kyungsoo explains and then proceeds to introduce Suho. "This is Suho. One of the directors in the company."

 

When Chanyeol finally returns to the table he notices his boyfriend having a comfortable conversation with two other people. He raises an eyebrow. Baekhyun wasn't the best at making new friends so it kind of confused him to why he would be talking to random strangers. He watches as Baekhyun points towards Chanyeol, thus revealing the faces of the two individuals.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" Chanyeol asks, as he pulls Suho into an embrace. He then turns to Kyungsoo and smiles. "Nice to see you again Kyungsoo. Where's Jongin?"

 

"Kyungsoo and I are here for our lunch break." Suho explains. "And Jongin's probably working still. I haven't seen him come out of his office the whole day."

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. Jongin's probably too busy with his so called guest. 

 

"Kyungsoo and I need to leave soon so I'll just go and order our drinks." Suho states. He then turns to Kyungsoo. "You can wait here if you'd like."

 

Kyungsoo nods and watches as Suho makes his way towards the front of the store to order their drinks. The remaining three take their seats and Baekhyun turns to his boyfriend and then to Kyungsoo. 

 

"What the hell." Baekhyun blinks. "You guys all know each other?" 

 

Chanyeol nods and laughs. What a small world "I suppose so."

 

"But how do the two of you know each other?" Kyungsoo asks, in confusion. "Are you guys friends?"

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at one another, before Baekhyun begins to speak. "Well do you remember the guy from Japan, I was telling you a couple of weeks ago-"

 

"The that got you pregnant?" Kyungsoo blurts and then gasps in realization. Oh. He then bows at Chanyeol in embarrasment. "Oh my. I'm so sorry."

 

Chanyeol laughs uncomfortably, as he scratches the back of his head. "It's okay. I was kind of an back then. But I won't be anymore. I'll take care of Baekhyun and the baby."

 

"You better or else I'll kick your ." Kyungsoo threatens and Chanyeol laughs thinking that Kyungsoo was just joking around with him.

 

Baekhyun nudges Chanyeol's arm and whispers into his ear. "He's not kidding. He really will kick your ."

 

-

 

After coffee and a couple of pastries, Kyungsoo and Suho return to the building smiling and giggling at a joke Suho had made. When the elevator stops, the doors begin to reveal an image of Jessica clinging onto Jongin's arm while Jongin rolls his eyes in disgust. Kyungsoo's heart drops. Jongin then raises an eyebrow as he stares at the two in front of him. First at Kyungsoo and then at Suho. The cheerful athmosphere has now been replaced by an awkward tension.

 

Jessica lets go of Jongin's arm and then begins to hug Suho with a smile plastered on her face. "Finally someone to hang out with. Jongin's so boring."

 

Suho laughs once Jessica breaks the hug. "Glad to see you too. How was America?"

 

"Great." 

 

Jongin watches the scene in utter disgust. "She's been looking for you all day so take her out shopping or something. She was annoying the out of me."

 

Jongin then grabs Kyungsoo's hand and pulls Kyungsoo towards him. "Let's go. You owe me a load of work."

 

Kyungsoo wasn't suprised. He knew this would happen and that Jongin would be upset due to the fact that he didn't ask for permission to go and get coffee with Suho. Once he reaches his desk he lets out a loud sigh and begins to do his work. He stares at the foreign language written on one of the documents and tilts his head in confusion. How was he supposed to get his work done when he doesn't even understand what he was reading? It was going to be a long night.

 

"You know you're going to have to learn how to read and understand different languages soon right?" Jongin says, as he leans against the door that seperates his office from Kyungsoo's. "Or at least download an app that translates languages."

 

"Even if I do, I probably still wouldn't understand what I was reading." Kyungsoo responds and Jongin laughs. "I'm not kidding. I in foreign language when I was still in school."

 

"I bet you did."

 

An awkward silence engulfs the office until Kyungsoo clears his throat and speaks again. "Why didn't you go with them?"

 

"Jessica and Suho?" Jongin asks and Kyungsoo nods. Jongin then takes a seat beside Kyungsoo and sighs. "I probably would just get bored. Besides I would have to hear the story of what happened in America for the millionth time today and hear Jessica complain about our mom-"

 

Kyungsoo blinks, repeating the word just in case he had heard incorrectly. "Our mom?"

 

"She's my older sister." Jongin replies and Kyungsoo feels somehow relieved. "She works here too, as a realtor, but she rarely ever works and instead takes long vacations across the world. That's why my mom gets mad at her all the time. The two don't really get along and when they fight she either complains to me or her favorite cousin, Suho."

 

"Why?"

 

"When she was still in highschool, I guess she thought she was so in love with her boyfriend at the time that she gave a large amount of money to him so that he could repay all of his debts." Jongin explains. "So when my mom found out, she forced my sister to break up with her boyfriend and convinced my sister that he was only interested in her money. I guess that's the reason why my mom doesn't like my sister to be spending too much money because she doesn't really know what she does with that money. Its also probably the reason why my mom meddles so much in our relationships."

 

"I guess she only wants what's best for you guys."

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "Wow are you actually taking her side? This is a miracle. I can't believe you're actually taking her side after that epic lunch date you two had-"

 

Kyungsoo interrupts and puts a hand over Jongin's mouth to shut him up. "Please don't remind me of that. But did the word epic really come out from your mouth?"

 

Jongin bites Kyungsoo's hand, causing Kyungsoo to growl in pain but enables Jongin to speak again. "At least that really shut her up. She hasn't asked about us in forever so I'm guessing that she's finally getting over it. Either that or she's having way to much fun on vacation that she forgot all about us. And yes I did say that word do you have a problem with it?"

 

Kyungsoo laughs. "It just sounds funny coming out of your mouth. Someone as sophistacated and classy as you try to be says such childish words."

 

"Correction. I don't try to be classy and sophistacated. I am classy and sophistacated." Jongin scoffs. 

 

"Says the guy who keeps collections of toys and game cards in his office. Don't try and lie because I saw them before under your couch when I was cleaning your office a couple of weeks ago. The toys were even in a box and everything."

 

"Those were collectables." Jongin replies, trying to defend himself. "There's a difference."

 

Kyungsoo giggles. "Whatever you say Mr. Kim."

 

-

 

"Ladies and gentleman we have begun our descent to Incheon Airport, where the current weather outside is 45 degrees fahreinheit and the local time is 11:45 PM.

 

We will be approaching the gate in 25 minutes and suggest that for the safety of yourself and the others beside you to remain in your seats with your seat belt fasten until the captain has given us the permission to unfasten them. We also would like to inform you to take caution when opening the overhead bins to collect your belongings.

 

On behalf of Japan Airlines, we would like to thank you for joining us today and hope to see you soon!"

 

Luhan hears over the intercom.

 

A couple of minutes later, Luhan takes off his headphones and begins to unfasten his seatbelt once the intercom has instructed the passengers the right to do so. He waits until the all of the other passengers have gathered their belongings before grabbing his and then heads out of the narrow hallway of the plane. Once he exits the plane, he makes his way into airport security.

 

It only takes only a couple more minutes until Luhan has finally gotten out of the airport and gets into a taxi with his luggages stuffed at the back. Although he was only going to be staying for 3 months, it didn't stop him from bringing his entire wardrobe to Korea. Luhan gives the taxi driver the directions and then takes out his cell phone to dial Kyungsoo's number. 

 

After a couple of rings, Kyungsoo is finally able to answer with a definite tone of annoyance in his voice. Luhan almost laughs because he knows that he just interrupted Kyungsoo's deep slumber. He loves annoying his bestfriend. "Hello?"

 

"Guess who?"

 

Kyungsoo groans in response. He rolls over to the other side of the bed and stares at his alarm clock on top of his bedside table. "Hyung, I don't know what time it is in Japan right now, but it's almost midnight here-"

 

"I know." Luhan replies, smiling in satisfaction. "Listen, Kyungsoo I'm in Korea now and I'm going to come over right now, okay? I need a place to stay for 3 months and I know that you love me enough to let me stay in your place. Besides Baek's going to be all hormonal if I stay with him. So I figured I'd stay with you. That's okay right?"

 

"I have to end this call soon because my phone's out of charge but thanks. I love you. See you soon."

 

Kyungsoo blinks as Luhan ends the call without giving Kyungsoo a chance to speak. Kyungsoo sits up from his bed and scratches his head in confusion. Everything was a blur and the only the he understood out of the conversation was that Luhan was in Korea and is going to be staying with Kyungsoo for the next 3 months. He gets out of his bed and sighs, knowing that he has to open the door for Luhan when he arrives.

 

 


A/N: Finally Luhan's back. About time! After no Hunhan for the past couple of chapters, I promise to make the next chapter filled with them and also Baekyeol because I've noticed that I've been writing alot of Kaisoo lately. Sorry! It's just sometimes the feels get to me. But really I need to start the drama between Baekyeol anyways. Cough cough Chanyeol's dad's going to come back into the story now after being MIA (missing in action). But I might decide to add a little bit of Kaisoo towards the end. Just a little bit. Sorry if you feel like I keep dragging them on but I promise they'll hook up soon! Maybe 2 more chapters of flirting or something? Back to Hunhan, aren't you guys curious about what Sehun's been up to during the past couple of months while Luhan's been in Japan? It's a suprise! But feel free to guess on the comments. See you on the next update!