A Doe Eyed Mystery Boy

18 Roses

Daejin high school was a ridiculous waste of space. The students were a lot of spoiled, pretentious brats that thrived on the fame and fortune of their parents without any efforts of their own. The campus was a masterpiece of architecture, accentuated by copious amounts of glass and modern art, showcasing the millions of dollars provided by the blue blooded families that founded the academy. Taehyung didn't even know why he attended the stupid school, he certainly didn't fit in with the rest of the student population. His parents were pretty standard business class workers,  his father worked at a low end law firm and his mother was an elementary school teacher. That is, they were, before the two of them were run off the road by an intoxicated semi truck driver. It had been over ten years since the accident, and he had moved into his grandmother's cramped apartment in the city. His grandmother, though old, had tried her hardest to love and care for him like her own child. She raised him from a lost and rebellious eight year old boy into a strong, responsible young man. Taehyung spent six years under his grandmother's watchful eyes until her age finally caught up with her and she passed away.

 

    Taehyung had been pretty lost at that point in his life, he had no family left and no where to go after his grandmother's apartment had been taken away. He had literally been saved by the arrival of his acceptance letter to Daejin high school that he had sent in as a way to appease his grandmother's relentless nagging a few months before. Being a damn near prodigy, the prestigious academy had offered him a full scholarship to attend their school as well as a very generous allowance that allowed him to afford a small but cozy apartment in the nicer part of Seoul. Not having any other options Taehyung had accepted the offer and immediately began attending  this flashy example of a school.

  

  At Daejin Taehyung had met five of his very best friends. Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin. They were the sons of the very richest of the rich. The well known tycoons of the east asian business scene. Their parents owned the very ground the school stood upon, and although the group came off to a bit of a rocky start they grew to be something akin to brothers. His friends seemed to forget that they came from different backgrounds and never let money get in the way of their friendship. Together these six boys came to rule the school, using their looks, charisma and money.

 

To them Namjoon served as something of a leader to the boys, taking care of them and even fighting for them if the need arose, for this reason Namjoon was given the appearance of a rough, abrasive gangster, when in reality the boy was a bit of an oblivious teddy bear. Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were like the three amigos born and raised together as the children of leisurely trophy wives, inseparable and loyal. And then there was Seokjin, the beautiful boyfriend of Yoongi, who fit in with his mischievous personality.

 

Taehyung believed he was definitely blessed to find such good friends to replace the family that he had lost. So, pretentious as it may be,Taehyung looked forward to attending school everyday.

 

That brings him to today. The very first day of his senior year of High School. He was walking to school, head tucked into a form fitting hoodie, trying to muster the enthusiasm to guarantee his arrival at first period. Giving up, Taehyung flopped onto a nearby bus bench and proceeded to fall asleep.

 

A strong slap to the back of his head had him reeling forward into the pavement beneath him. His face scraped against the gravel painfully. Taehyung groaned into the dirt and laid motionless. Namjoon’s deep, booming laugh erupted behind him and his friend bent down to nudge his head.

“ Hurry up man, you’re going to be late. I had a feeling you’d be lying around here somewhere.” Namjoon smiled cheerfully and offered a hand to help Taehyung up.

 

Taehyung slapped his hand away and stood up on his own. Dusting his pants off, he grumbled at his friend, “ I wouldn’t be lying anywhere if you hadn’t assaulted me.”

 

Namjoon just laughed again and slapped Taehyung on the back. “Dude!” Taehyung exclaimed angrily. Namjoon walked over to his silver mercedes and slid into the driver's seat, sticking his head out the window he hollered, “You coming or not?”

 

Taehyung sighed heartily at the idiocy of his friend and walked over to the passenger’s seat. At least he’d finally be on time for once. Namjoon started the car and the engine purred to life. Settling himself in, Taehyung cuddled into himself and ignored Namjoon’s rambling about his vacation in Tahiti and all the hot ‘babes’ (as he put it) that he tricked out of their . Taehyung maintained his poker face and grunted when appropriate.

 

Pulling into school, Namjoon executed an abrupt turn and pulled into a parking spot far too small for his car, scraping his mirror against the door of the car nearest him. Namjoon cringed and popped out of his car to view the damage. There was a large scrape panning the right passenger door of the car to the side.

 

“Whoops.” Namjoon shrugged and pulled his bag out of the back seat. Taehyung shook his head in dismay and joined his friend outside. Together they walked towards the school as Namjoon locked his car without looking back.

 

The duo strolled into class oblivious to the many admiring looks they were receiving. There, sitting at one of the desks sat Seokjin on Yoongi’s lap. Yoongi had his boyfriend bent back with his tongue shoved down his throat, making out for all the world to see.

 

Namjoon gagged and slammed his hands over his eyes. “OH! OH GOD NO. CUT IT OUT YOU GUYS! COME ON!” he stumbles over with his eyes covered and tries to separate the two boys. Jin just giggles and slides his hand over Namjoon’s arm, “Oh, come on Joonie. We’re not that bad~” he smirks mischievously. Namjoon yelps and scrambles backwards, his arms shielding his body.

 

Taehyung snorted and walked over to his seat next to Hoseok. Nodding his head as a greeting, he sunk into his chair and buried his head in his arms, trying to fall back asleep.

 

Suddenly a violent crack jolted him from his sleep. There at the door stood a small boy carrying a heavy stack of books. He looked startled at his own entrance, and his dark chocolate eyes appeared large behind his round glass frames. The boy glanced around and noticed the attention of the entire class was on him, and his cheeks reddened cutely. The boy bowed in embarrassment but stooped too low and his books poured out of his arms.

 

Breaking the awkward silence that had enveloped the classroom, Jimin,sitting in front of Taehyung, burst out laughing at the timid boy’s suffering. In response the rest of the classroom let out their own malicious peals of laughter.

The small boy blushed even darker and bent down to begin recovering his books. Taking pity on the newcomer Taehyung stood up and made his way over to the flustered boy. The class fell silent as the boy they had come to know as emotionless dropped to his knees and quietly handed a book to the new kid.

 

The boy glanced up shyly through his bangs and briefly made eye contact with Taehyung. “Thanks.” He whispered quietly and reached out to grab the book.

 

Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat. The boy’s hand had brushed across his and it felt soft as a newborn’s skin. And his voice. His voice had sounded like the gentle chiming of an angel’s song. Taehyung reluctantly retracted his hand and nodded stiffly.  

 

Before he could help him any further, the boy scrambled to pick up the rest of his items and rushed to an empty seat in the back of the classroom, eyes glued to the floor.

 

Taehyung stood up in a daze and staggered back to his seat. Beside him Hoseok sends him a glance filled with curiosity, “What was that about?”

The question snapped him out of his trance and he averted his attention to his friend. “Huh. Nothing.” he replied, smirking slightly.


Hi, Hi, Hi! (:

Please comment, vote, and subscribe and more will be coming soon! Thanks for reading! <3