End.

Stranger Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The tall skinny boy was constantly bumping into other people, slipping through bodies and dodging multiple arms and legs just to find a perfect spot to see the fireworks.  

“Excuse me, sorry!” he said as he pushed his way pass everyone.  

There were a few ouches and what the hells, but he didn’t really give a damn at the moment. He was given a mission and he was going to accomplish it. After much walking he finally made it to the front of the beach where the best seats were. Except, nearly every inch of the ground was occupied and you could barely see the sand. Of course, Sungyeol saw this coming and was prepared, as always. He fished a tin can out of his knapsack and “accidently” dropped it after popping the lid open. A sudden swarm of ants and other miraculous bugs crawled, flew, and scattered around the surrounding occupants on beach towels. Terrifying screams and cries were heard from the young and old, while Sungyeol observed from the side lines waiting for them to leave. He counted down from twenty and with six seconds remaining there was enough space for him and his friends.  

“Mission accomplished!” He smiled brightly, gums showing as if he had won the lottery.  

Quickly, he took out his bug repellent spray and attacked the bugs that were still wandering around the fantastic front row seats and set the beach towels in place.  

 

“Did you get the seats yet?” –Woohyun 

“Yeah, hurry up and come over.”-Sungyeol 

“Dongwoo said he knew the way and led us, but we got off at the wrong station.”-Woohyun 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”-Sungyeol 

“Nope, it’s the truth.” 

“We’ll be there in 3.” –Woohyun 

“Dude, I look like an idiot hogging the front row with bug repellent in my hands.” 

“I’m like in the center of six freakin’ neon colored towels.” 

“FML.”-Sungyeol  

“Just talk to the people beside you.” –Woohyun 

“There IS no one.” 

“ I poured bugs all over the place and they’re attacking the neighbours.”-Sungyeol 

“Are you ting me!?!”  

“I thought you were joking when you said you were going to do that.” –Woohyun 

“Please, Lee Sungyeol doesn’t joke when it comes to missions.”  

“Now get your fat asses over here.” –Sungyeol  

 

When Sungyeol put down his phone he noticed someone had taken a seat next to him. A boy with wearing a cap with brown hair had sat next to him for god knows how long and he didn’t even notice. Sungyeol straightened his back and compared their height. Okay, I’m definitely taller than him, but damn, his arms are telling me this kid works out. Afraid of getting beaten up, the lanky boy tries to communicate in a respectful order.  

“Uh, excuse me; you’re sitting on my beach towels.”  

The boy turned to him and gave him a wave and smile. “Yep, I know.”  

Sungyeol was taken aback from the answer, “What?”  

The boy continued waving his hand around cutely. “I said, I know.”  

“You can’t just sit down on my property, get off!” the taller showed his teeth and started pulling onto the beach towel the other was occupying.  

“It’s not your property,” the boy pressed his palms down onto the towel, testing Sungyeol’s strength. “I do believe the government owns this land.”  

“Okay, Mr. smart guy, just get off my things and leave me alone!” Sungyeol inched closer to his face.  

The light haired boy inched a few centimeters towards the stranger's face whispering, “I saw what you did there with the bugs.” 

The bony male widened his eyes for a split second, “S-so what!”  

“What you did was criminal,”  

“Was not!! They weren’t even poisonous insects!”  

Just when the other boy was about to reply, five males appeared around him. The short muscular one cleared his throat, bringing the argument to a stop.  

“Ahem,” Woohyun coughed, “what’s happening over here, children?”  

“This guy here just randomly sat down and I don’t even know him!!” Sungyeol pointed and whined like a child. 

“You’re really called the chooding for a reason you know?” Sunggyu crossed his arms in disbelief.  

“It’s pretty packed now, just let him join us.” Woohyun said after looking around the front of he beach.  

“B-but-” 

“Sungyeol….” Woohyun crossed his arms as well.  

“He’s a stranger! Haven’t you heard? STRANGER DANGER!”  

“You are the lamest. Person. Ever.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.  

“Don’t worry, hyung will sit in between you two, so world war three doesn’t happen tonight.” Dongwoo hung his arms on Sungyeol and the boy’s shoulders. “I’m Dongwoo by the way,” the friendly boy took out his hand.  

“Myungsoo,” the brown haired male shook the palm and smiled. 

“No danger to meeee,” Dongwoo said as he turned away from him .  

“Shut up. JUST SHUT UP AND DIE!”  

“Spare the drama, please,” showed his palm to Sungyeol. 

“Says you, diva!” Sungyeol was about to flip the finger, but Woohyun beat him to it and took a seat calming his childish friend down.  

Myungsoo felt a bit out of place, but when the first spark appeared and burst into the dark sky, he focused on the scenery instead.  

Sungyeol on the other hand, couldn’t enjoy the fireworks as much as the others did. While everyone was busy chanting “wow” and “woah” his mind was still on the verbal fight he had not so long ago with the stranger.  

Myungsoo? What kind of a name is that? It’s so stupid, just like the gagman. It fits that stupid face of his. I hate him, he totally ruined the mood.   

Yet, curiosity killed him. He tilted his head forward and looked sideways, checking what the other was doing.  

WOAH. That camera is super expensive. He must be a professional photographer. That's kind of...cool? What the hell. Did I just almost complement him? What’s wrong with me? 

“Like what you see, my friend?" Dongwoo moved himself in front of Sungyeol’s line of vision; clearly he saw how the taller had observed Myungsoo.  

“NO!” Sungyeol bit on his lip and looked at the fireworks after shoving Dongwoo’s face away. 

Myungsoo was indeed taking pictures of the beautiful lights, but he had seen the other’s actions and heard the conversation that was going on next to him, just centimeters apart. A small grin appeared on his face as the corners of his lips curved upwards.  

After taking enough shots, Myungsoo slightly turned his head and peered over to see if Sungyeol was still staring at him. And indeed he was. Right. Into. His. Eyes. He decided to play along and stuck out his tongue making a gag face. However, the other didn’t respond the way he expected or at least hoped to, and sent him a death glare, clearly unamused. Instead, he shifted his eyes back to the show, leaning his head against the crook of Woohyun’s neck, which somehow made Myungsoo feel envious? It made him wonder what relationship they had. Were they together?  

“Hey, you guys craving for some snacks? Want some chips?” Dongwoo placed his mega sized bag of potato crisps in front of himself. “Help yourself,”  

Not paying attention, Sungyeol and Myungsoo stuck their hands into the bag at the exact same time, Myungsoo accidentally pinched the boy’s hand.  

“OH MY GOD!” Sungyeol flung his hand up, his chip flying up into mid-air.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter