Final

MEMORIES OF DAYS GONE BY

            Everything was done and perfectly organized.

            The place, the date and time, the invitations, the entourage, the guest lists, the menu… everything.

            And now Sehun only needs Luhan to say “yes” as he put the silver band on his left ring finger.

            Sehun was smiling while he was making his way up the stairs to Luhan’s apartment. His hands were hidden inside his coat. Not because it was cold, but because his right hand was clutching a small, red box which contains something which will bind him to Luhan forever.

            He did not bother to knock, nor call out for the elder because he wants everything, including the proposal to be perfect. Sehun actually organized a dinner for Luhan with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s help. Admittedly, he has been ignoring Luhan for weeks now, spending most of the time with his cousin to plan out everything. Luhan was clueless about this, so Sehun decided to pick him up instead.

            Slowly, he made his way to Luhan’s room. He was sure Luhan’s there because the air conditioner is open. And the neighbor told him so. He smiled to himself as his plan was going smoothly as he planned it. The brunette carefully pushed the door open.

            But what he saw next is not what he expected.

            Luhan is sleeping rather peacefully, … next to his ex-boyfriend.

            Sehun’s knees began to wobble and he accidentally bumped into Luhan’s side desk, making his flower vase fall on the ground with a loud crash. The sudden noise startled Luhan and the other male next to him.

            The moment Luhan’s eyes fell on Sehun, he gasped. He tried to sit up but the pain on his back prevented him. Tears started b in his eyes as he saw Sehun’s face. “Sehun-ah… let me explain.”

            Sehun did not listen, his heel and started walking away. Luhan ignored the pain and immediately grabbed the nearest cloth he could reach and chased Sehun. The taller was already facing the elevator, waiting for it to open, with his head hanging. Luhan’s tears started rolling down his cheeks.

            “Sehun-ah…”

            Luhan continuously tried to get Sehun’s attention but the younger did not even raise his head. It was as if he did not hear Luhan’s voice.

            The shorter started walking towards Sehun, his arms reaching out for his boyfriend. Sehun did not flinch, but he did not move either. Luhan held him from behind and buried his face on Sehun’s back. He started sobbing and his grasp tightened.

            “I’m sorry…” he started, it was dull because of his sobs. “I love you… I’m sorry… Don’t leave me…” Luhan’s voice started to falter.

            Still no response.

            “Please say something…”

            “I love you too.” Sehun’s voice was raspy, probably because he was trying to keep his tears from falling. But Luhan got it clear.

            “But I need to let you go…”

            He was numb, Luhan is. It felt like everything around them turned black and everything went silent. Luhan’s tears stopped but the pain in his chest intensified.

            “Sehun, please. I’m sorry.” He pleaded, turning Sehun to face him. He showered the younger with butterfly kisses on his face. Luhan made sure it was full of love.

            But it did not work for Sehun. He pulled Luhan into a tight hug, burying his face on Luhan’s neck. He wants to make everything right.

            “I love you so much, but I can’t keep you anymore.”

            “Why? I don’t understand.”

            “You deserve someone better, Lu. And I’m not that someone.”

            “Sehun, this not making any sense. You can be that someone if you really love me! I’m sorry, please…” Luhan’s tears started running again, he pulled Sehun tighter.

            “You need someone to make you smile.”

            “But you make me smile.”

            “You need someone to make you happy.”

            “You make me happy.”

            “You need someone to love you, and someone you love.”

            “But you love me and I love you too.”

            “Then why do you need to sleep with other people if I satisfy you? If I can give you what you want? Why do you need to seek for other people’s care and love? Why Luhan?”

            The shorter was speechless. Sehun’s words stung him and the pain numbed his senses. Words left his mouth, and he can’t even form a coherent sentence.

            The elevator opened, and Sehun was still waiting for Luhan to answer. But the older did not say even a single word. Slowly, he grabbed Luhan’s hands and forcefully removed them from his waist. Luhan did not fight because he was emotionally and physically drained. Instead, his tears spoke for him.

            Sehun tilted Luhan’s head up and held his chin. He stared at Luhan’s eyes. Luhan’s heart broke seeing how painful his stupid mistake was and how it took the beautiful spark in Sehun’s eyes.

            “I love you, but if letting you go will bring back your smiles, I will let you go.” Sehun’s voice cracked. “I only want you happy. I’ll sacrifice everything for you, Lu.”

            The taller planted a deep kiss on Luhan’s forehead, with Luhan leaning onto him. He could feel him trembling in his arms. Heaven knows Sehun wants to spend the rest of his life with the man he was holding but he loved him so much that he refused to take away Luhan’s life.

            “Find your happiness and smile for me, Luhan.”

            Sehun let him go and stepped inside the elevator. The elevator man was staring at him, as if asking if he should press the buttons. Sehun nodded and eyed the man of his dreams for the last time.

            When Luhan heard the doors of the elevators shut, he let himself collapse on the floor and cry harder than he thought he would. He was confused as to why he did not stop Sehun from going. He loves him, he was hurting but what Sehun said was embedded in his head.

            “Why didn’t you stop him?” Xiumin asked, picking him up and holding him like how Sehun held him.

            “Same as to why he let me go…” he did not bother to explain further because it’s enough that he knows it himself.

            Because Sehun deserves someone who will truly love him, and someone who will stay by his side through ups and downs. Because Sehun deserves someone who won’t make him cry.

-

            Kai was staring as Luhan continues to rock back and forth on the ground. The shorter was holding his knees to his chest, staring at his feet since he arrived.

            “Seriously,” Kai cleared his voice to get Luhan’s attention, but failed miserably. “I thought today will make you happy, not miserable. Sehun did his best to make you smile.”

            Luhan stopped rocking himself and turned to Kai. He can see that Luhan’s been crying too much because his eyes were dead and swollen. “What?”

            “Why did you sleep with him?”

            Luhan hid his face. “I don’t know. Maybe… maybe because I thought Sehun doesn’t love me anymore. I was depressed and –”

            “What made you think that Sehun’s done with you?”

            “He’s been distance from me lately. And…” his voice faded, hesitating if he should continue or not. Kai is still Sehun’s best friend and telling him his insecurities made him feel uneasy.

            Kai crossed his arms and sat in front of the older. “And?”

            “He’s been out with a girl. I saw them.”

            Luhan heard Kai sigh. “Please don’t tell me that you saw him with Daeun.”

            “Exactly. So, you’re aware…”

            “Of course.” Kai groaned and pushed his hair back. “Sehun told me that he’ll ask his cousin to help him with something.”

            Luhan turned his head fully to Kai and saw the pity he has in his eyes. He’s not sure if Kai pities him or what, but the sadness in his eyes was undeniable.

            “You’re confused? Okay. Here’s the thing.” He paused. “Daeun is Sehun’s cousin. She’s a wedding organizer.”

            Upon hearing the word wedding, Luhan gasped and tears started falling from his eyes slowly. He is secretly wishing that whatever he is thinking is not how it is.

            As if he read his mind, Kai nodded. “Yes, Sehun was about to propose to you. He planned everything, spent less time with you because he was busy organizing with Daeun. He wants his cousin to know what his ideas are because he wants everything perfect for you.”

            Kai’s confession got Luhan crazy. Without Kai saying it, he gets the message perfectly clear and the realization killed him, deep inside.

            “He never did cheat on you Luhan, but I guess he loves you so much that letting you go was the only option for him to see you smile again.”


I LOVE YOU GUYS! SEND ME LOVE! AT ask.fm/msbubbledeer HAHAHAHA! :)

LEAVE ME COMMENTS. SHOW ME YOUR HEARTS. :*