IT’S OKAY, JUST GO TO SLEEP

IT’S OKAY, JUST GO TO SLEEP

A low groan followed by a pitiful whine caused Jackson Wang to stir from his sleep and stare out into the shadowy darkness that was his room. The rustling of sheets and sound of someone constantly shifting around in them became clearer as he blinked away the residue of sleepiness that still clung to him.

Turning lazily so that his back was pressed against the mattress Jackson lift himself off the material, supporting his weight with his right elbow as he made out the other body sprawled adjacent to his own.

Mark Tuan, his fellow band and roommate laid in a concoction of blankets and soft plushies, all strewn in different directions on his bed as his limbs continued to do a restless dance against the beddings.

Jackson watched the other for a moment, more stuffed animals being displaced and finally made his move when he heard another soft whine escape the latter.

It has been five months since their debut and years since Mark had moved to Korea yet even after all that time, the older male still had trouble sleeping in a place that wasn’t exactly his home.

Jackson picked up on this not too long ago when on a night just like this he heard the visual sniffling in his sleep and went to check on the elder just to find his cheeks decorated with dried tear tracks. The morning that followed Mark mentioned a few stories of his childhood to him and it was then Jackson realized just how much the latter missed his family…his home.

As for himself, he never really experience any said cases of homesickness as he was once a fencing nationalist and was obligated to constant traveling and tours outside of his own country. Thus it was no problem for him to adapt to things when he moved to Korea to pursue his singing career.

However he was aware that wasn’t the same for Mark and so like all those other nights he witnessed the latter tossing and turning under the covers, Jackson exited the comfort of his sheets and crawled to that of the elder’s.

Shifting a few of the plushies out of the way the former fencer made a little space for himself and settled behind the lithe figure, grabbing a handful of the discarded blanket to cover them both.

The instant his bare chest touched the brunette’s exposed back he hear a gasp that wasn’t his which stated that he had woken the other male.

“Jackson…” the hoarse voice sounded so much more gravelled when laced with sleep but younger only hummed in response and threw an arm over the elder and pulling him in by the waist so that their bodies were pressing close to each other.

The room was tranquil for a while the only sounds were the steady but soft breaths of both boys, Mark with his arms now wrapped around a nearby yellow plushie and Jackson with his lips barely grazing the neck of the brunette.

Soon enough the silence was broken when Mark let out a chopped whisper, his slight stutter still evident even at this hour of the morning.

“Thank you J-Jackson……I don’t what…what I’d do w-without you…”

It was obvious that the elder was trying to hold back a sob which is why Jackson pressed a tender kiss just under the junction of his jaw and neck before pulling back.

“Shh, it’s okay…just go to sleep kay.”

And like that Jackson heard visual’s breath slowed to something more calming while he himself drifted off to a peaceful slumber, one arm tucked under their shared pillow and the other holding the brunette in a protective embrace.

THE END