final

Crush

Jungkook sighed as he tossed his 597th book of the year on his sister's bed.

"Wow... I know you only go to the library to see him everyday, but you don't even read the books you check out? Tsk tsk."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his hoobae before slumping down on his knees and laying the side of his head on the mattress.

"Sujin-ah," he said in his 'I-really-want-to-hit-you-but-I'm-way-too-tired' voice. "I already read that book. Five times to be exact."

He smiled at her sweetly before laying on the other side of his head, so he wouldn't have to stare at the brat.

He heard her snort.

"You're so pathetic. It's almost the end of the school year, and you still haven't told the person you've had a crush on for three years now. Do you even know how long three years are?" She hesitated, calculating the numbers in her head (Sujin is the smartest girl Jungkook has ever known). "That's 1,095 days spent without confessing!"

Jungkook groaned.

"Please don't remind me."

"Well confess now or never. He's a senior remember? He's going to college next year. College, Jungkook. College."

Jungkook sat up. "That's the problem! He's a senior! He has so many more things to worry about other than a stupid junior who has a crush on him."

"Fine. Don't confess to him." Sujin frowned. Then, she smiled as a brilliant idea crossed her mind.

"But... at least make him remember you."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

The girl stood up, pacing her carpeted room.

"Well, if you don't want to tell him how you feel, make him fall for you."

"Okay... how?"

"Dummy. Don't you know how to flirt?"

Jungkook stared at the girl in horror.

"Listen, I can barely be in the same room as the guy. How the hell am I supposed to flirt with him?!"

Sujin rolled her eyes.

"You only have to make a strong impression once. I swear, he'll come running to you faster than you can finish a book."

Jungkook thought about it.

"Fine."

----

"Seriously, Sujin. Do we need to do this?" Jungkook asked the smaller girl who was loosening his tie and fixing his hair.

"Yes, obviously you knucklehead. Don't you know how good a badboy looks?"

"...But I'm not a badboy. I'm like, the exact opposite."

"You really need to learn when to stop talking. This is why you don't get dates."

Jungkook pouted and shut his mouth, letting the girl mess with his clothes.

"Okay," Sujin smiled, pushing Jungkook in front of the library doors. "In you go! Hwaiting!"

Jungkook took a deep breath before grabbing the library door. He can't up.

----

"Oh, Jungkook! You're back! How was the last book I told you about?" The woman behind the desk asked him.

Jungkook shuddered. There was nothing worse than a creepy ajumma who obsessed over him. He smiled anyway.

"It was great, thank you so much."

He glanced at the back of the library, where the senior usually sat.

There he was, with papers sprawled across his area (Jungkook internally sighed, he loves smart boys). However, Jungkook's eyes locked with the boy's for about a millisecond, and he quickly looked away.

"I'm just gonna look around today, if you don't mind ma'am." He said to the librarian.

"Of course! Help yourself!"

----

Jungkook randomly chose a book off the shelf before heading to the table where the senior sat.

"Can I sit here? Sorry, all the other tables are taken."

The senior looked around the almost empty library.

. I'm so dumb. Why did I say that. Why did I listen to Sujin in the first place. Why did I come here. Why was I even bor--

"Sure." The senior moved his papers to make room for Jungkook.

Wide eyed, Jungkook sat down awkwardly across from the other boy.

"Uh," the senior said, eyeing the book Jungkook had in his hands. "I guess you're interested in that kind of stuff?"

Jungkook looked down and nearly fainted when he read the title.

The Birth Experience for Pregnant Women.

"Ah... uh... well, my.. my aunt! My aunt's pregnant. She's... eight months pregnant. I wanted to help her out, you know?" He nervously chuckled, imagining Sujin's reaction to this when he had to tell her later.

"Oh, that's nice of you." The senior smiled and went back to his studying.

Jungkook groaned. Flirting was a big no for him. He decided that he should probably stop before embarrassing himself again.

So, he did what any teenager helplessly in love would do.

Jungkook sat there, staring at him. He looked at the messy pile of papers the senior stacked on the side to make room for him to sit. He smiled when he saw his name scrawled on the top of them: Kim Taehyung.

"Are you interested in literature?" Taehyung asked when he realized Jungkook was staring.

"I, uh," (literature was actually one of Jungkook's favorite subjects). "Yeah!"

"I plan on majoring in literature in college." Taehyung smiled.

"Can I... read some of your essays?"

"Sure." Taehyung looked through the pile of papers and handed him a bunch of stapled papers.

Jungkook took them, smiling. Although he did want to read his works, he was really interested in his messy handwriting. Which, of course, he loved.

He read through each page quickly, admiring the effort shown in the papers. However, he stopped when he reached a paper about Romeo and Juliet. The essay argued that true love was sometimes only unrequited. It was a pretty sad essay if you asked him.

"Ah! Jungkook not--not that one." Taehyung snatched the sheet from Jungkooks hands, giving him a small papercut.

Jungkook's initial reaction was to on the cut.

"Oh... . Let's go to the nurse. I'm so--I'm so sorry." Taehyung freaked out, grabbing Jungkook by the wrist.

----

They scurried out of the library, and Taehyung nearly dragged Jungkook down the hall.

Sujin, who was waiting outside the library, quickly mouthed what had happened before Taehyung ran down to the nurse's office.

Jungkook pointed to the cut with his tongue (since his other hand was occupied by another's) ((not that Jungkook was complaining)) and gave her a thumbs up, letting her know that everything was fine.

----

"Hi, can we get a bandage for him? He got a cut. It's bleeding." Taehyung said, out of breath, when they reached the nurse's office.

The nurse quickly cleaned Jungkook's cut with rubbing alcohol (which hurt like hell) and applied a bandage on top of it. She then told the two to sit down on one of the chairs in the waiting room while she treated another student who had a stomachache.

Jungkook realized, throughout all this chaos, Taehyung's hands were still wrapped around his slim wrist. The senior must've noticed it too because he quickly let go, apologizing.

"Thanks," Jungkook said, blushing. "I don't know why you freaked out so much about this though, it was just a papercut."

"Cuts... cuts allow bacteria to enter your body! You never know what kind of deadly virus can be in the air, waiting for a chance to attack someone, y'know?"

Jungkook laughed and thanked the senior again.

"Okay, before you go, can I have your name please?" The nurse asked Jungkook. "I need to write it down."

Before Jungkook could open his mouth, the boy next to him answered for him.

"It's Jeon Jungkook," he blurted. "He's a junior."

Jungkook looked at him with curiosity and a little bit of confusion.

"And you just escorted him here?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, you two are free to go." She smiled and waved at them.

----

On their way back up to the library, Jungkook got the guts to stop and ask Taehyung a question he had been dying to ask since he had gotten the papercut.

"How did you know my name?"

Taehyung stopped, sighing.

"Well, uh, you see..." Taehyung stopped and smiled sheepishly when he realized he couldn't come up with an excuse.

"You're really bad at coming up with excuses, you know." Jungkook laughed.

"I know..."

"So? How did you know my name? Answer truthfully, Taehyung."

"Ah, it. I know you don't feel the same way and you probably never will, but I like you, Jungkook. Sorry."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Wait, what?" He finally choked out when he comprehended everything the senior had just told him.

"Yeah. Since like, the beginning of this year. Sorry again."

"Wait-sorry? Why are you sorry?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"Because you have a girlfriend." Taehyung said, almost whispering, and he looked down at his shoes.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jungkook was completely confused this time. Shouldn't he be the first to know if he had a girlfriend?

"Yeah, that girl you're always with... holding hands all the time..." Taehyung started playing with his thumbs now.

"Sujin?! What--no! She's my little sister! What, girlfriend? Her? Nonono! No. Definitely not!"

"Oh..." It was Taehyung's turn to be confused.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Taehyung spoke up.

"Wait, how did you know my name?"

Jungkook's heart pounded. He could've said that he had simply read it on top of his numerous essays, but . If Taehyung had the guts to confess, then so would he.

"Ilikeyoutoo." He said quickly, feeling his cheeks turn pink.

Taehyung's jaw dropped.

"For three years, actually." He added, also adding to the vibrant shade of crimson on his cheeks.

For a few moments, both boys stood there in awe.

Then, Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's neck and drew him in, lightly planting a kiss on his lips.

"I'm sorry you had to wait three years for that."

Jungkook's heart felt like it was going to explode. He quickly pecked Taehyung's lips.

"I'm sorry I left you there thinking true love was unrequited."

----




A/N: somewhere in the distance, you can hear sujin shouting "FINALLY"

anyway, i hope you guys like this! i know a lot of people were pretty discouraged with the ending of part one, so i hope this made you feel a lil better (it sure did make me happy)