Chapter 1 My sweet home

What Fate We Have

A morning breeze greeted her when she arrived at the airport. Though it is normal for people who were live and born here but she still has this feeling when she felt the sunlight and the wind in this country. She was study abroad and took design interior as her major. She got a chance to work on one of the big architecture company there because of her smart brain. And now she had been worked there for almost 3 years when she decided to come back home to help her father. At first her supervisors hesitated to give her the permission to resign because she has a talent on this industry.

A sudden growls from her stomach bring her back to the reality and she remembers that she hasn’t had breakfast yet. After looking around she decided to have breakfast on cafeteria. Not so long, she began to dig up the breakfast like she hasn’t eaten for a day. This is the best breakfast, she thought, not because of the taste but this was the first breakfast she had on her country after long time ago. Maybe not too long for a people who barely come home every year.

She immediately looking for someone who should be here to pick her up. Suddenly there was a familiar figure that caught her attention and she tried to follow that people. A bunch of people blocked her way and she lost him, again. She tried to remember everything, his voice, his warm hand and his smile but always, she had lost him since that day.

“EUNJI!!” someone shout her name

 

 

 

 

"One hour" Sunggyu sigh after looked at his watch for several time. He arrived at the airport at 08.00 am from his business travel but now he still stuck at the airport because his friend who suppose to pick him still got on to traffic jam. He would curse everything for one hour if his stomach didn't make a sound and decided to have simple breakfast there.

“Hyung!!” a young man tried to catch his breath as one of his hand leaned on Sunggyu shoulder just to balance his body. He just ran from the parking lot because he didn’t want to hear any nag and curse from Sunggyu.

“Seriously Nam Woohyun, what make you so long?!”

“Traffic hyung, traffic!” he took the drink from Sunggyu hand and drank it immediately on one-shot “Now shall we go?”

 

 

 

She, became the second child on her family was really blessed. With love from her parents and her only brother she grew up pretty well. And there, Yonghwa called his baby sister name.

“Yah Jung Eunji.... don’t you miss me?” Yonghwa greet his sister with a smile plaster on his face, the hint that he was happy to meet his baby sister again after a year. He is Jung’s oldest son.

The ride to their house took one hour without the traffic jam. As they got in the car, Eunji and Yonghwa talked and joked about everything as usual but suddenly Yonghwa remembered something.

“Ah, Eunji yah...I remember something.”

“What is it oppa?”

“Emmm...” He seems hesitated but then his sister looking at him as she said to continue. “Sunggyu...I met him at the airport earlier. Do you still have some contact with him right?”

She turned to look at Yonghwa and clearly see the worried on Yonghwa face and looked back again to the street. Even just heard his name, she had to maintain herself

“Oh....emm just several time through SNS, why Oppa?” she clutched her hand.

“You used to be best buddies before, it seem wrong when you just left back then.”
“We are...but that’s in the past.” She said weakly while closed her eyes. So, it was true that person at the airport was him. She never failed to notice him. One side of her felt glad that she could meet with him again someday but deep on her heart really scared that he would ignore her.

 

An hour and half had passed when they arrived at their home. Yonghwa looked at his sister who was sleept at her seat. She must be tired from along flight but Yonghwa, as usual he woke Eunji by poking her cheek.

“Yah Eunji-ah we are home, wake up!” another poked “Euuunnnjiiiiiaaaaahhhhh......”

“Aish Oppa, you are noisy!” she grabbed his hair and Yonghwa wince because of the pain.

“Aaahhh Ommaa...Ommaaa....this kid is back from the jungle!” He shouted after see their mother beside the car.

“Ommaa I miss you!” Eunji jumped out from her seat and hugged her mom.

“Miss you to dear, what did he do to you?” while she looked at Yonghwa

“Omma, I’m the victim here, she is not back from England but jungle.” He said while fixed his hair and opened the trunk to take her bags.

Their mom just giggled happily because she knew that their house will back like the old times when the kids will shout each other.

“Just let him be Eunji, come on...” she said while dragged Eunji to house and left Yonghwa who had trouble with Eunji’s bag.

 

 

 

“So, you are their asset, hmm?” Mr. Jung said when they enter the lift. Mr. Jung just attend some meeting for the new project with some company and the partner company sent Sunggyu to the meeting as the Project Leader.

“It’s not like that, Uncle. You know, they always exaggerating something.” He said while scratch his back

“Ah It’s been a while when we have talk together like this and I kinda miss your father. Why don’t you pay visit at my home. I heard your mom will be there too.”

“Aah...really? Aish what is she doing there?” although he knew what his mom did

“Hahahaha Sunggyu-ya you always like this. Hmm I think she have something to discuss with my wife.”

“Ok then Uncle, but I don’t bring my car because I just arrived from business travel.”

“It’s okay Sunggyu, why so formal with me.” Mr. Jung patted his shoulder.

 

 

 

She rubbed her eyes and blinked several time while looked at the ceiling on her room. Finally she woke up after slept for two hours. She didn’t move her body for few minute just to recall the memories. She had been missing this, woke up on her own bed. She missed the color and the scent on her room. After a few minute she decided to got up from her bed and look at the blue drawer. She opened the drawer and took out the box which she kept everything inside, everything, even the memories. Sometimes we didn’t want to remember some memories but sometime we would miss them. Happy memory that everyone likes and sad memory that would be erased. But sometime that sad memory gave us the strength to face the future.

There are pictures, letter, bracelet, notebook and even a coin inside the box. She took out the pictures from the box and placed them on the floor. Every single picture had a story, friends, family, and him. She smiled when found a picture about three kids ate ice cream messily. The girl was cry on that photo while a boy with small eyes offered his ice cream to her. Beside them the older kid just coolly ate the ice cream.

It remind her about that day when she walked to their playground and met the few of boy who was taller than her and asked her money. As stubborn girl she decided to fight them. She surely strong enough to fight one of them but there was three boys. She was about to run after kicked the tallest boy but one of them grabbed her hair abruptly. She wanted to punch that boy but suddenly she heard a wince. Yonghwa and Sunggyu joined the scene soon after they saw Eunji with the three boys.

After quick fight they decided to bought ice cream and head back to Jung’s house. Their mom asked them what happened after saw a bruise and the dirt on their clothes and Eunji had to explain everything innocently while her mother just shook her head. Sunggyu’s mom wanted to take a picture when they ate the ice cream and accidentally Eunji drop the ice cream and began to cry.

 

 

 

After long bath, she was hungry and went downstair to take some snack and heard her mom talked with someone.

“Eunji” a woman called her.

“E..eehh.. Aunty Kim, how are you?” she hugged her while her eyes looking for someone presence. She let out a sigh and felt relieve when knowing he wasn’t there because she didn’t know what to do if he was there and it would be awkward for her. Her mom and Sunggyu's known as bestfriend since they were on the university and they met again after marriage.

 

She was about to make some snack when she heard her father arrived from work. She immediately went to the front door because she really missed her father.

“Appaa...I really miss you” she smiled and hugged him not notice another presence.