That Day You Left

If You Could See Me Now

It was February 14, Valentine's Day.

If he can go back in time and change the decision he made that day, Jonghun thought he would. Fame, money, looks-- he would give them all to embrace that lithe frame again and feel the relief of having his body pressed against his own.

Everyday, he dreaded the memory of that day haunting him. He had been arrogant when he said those words of farewell and stared at those brown eyes defiantly as if he'd made a great decision. What a fool he had been.

Hongki...

"Jonghun?"

He opened his eyes at the sound of his manager's voice and somehow wished it was another person's voice. That it was his.

"Are you ready to meet your fans?" His manager asked cheerfully, peering at his face and her smile vanished. "Was it the same dream?"

He's a celebrity, and he can act very well so he smiled at her and noticed the relief on her small face. "Yes. But I'm okay."

"As expected of you," she complimented before getting off the van that has, without him noticing, stopped in front of the backdoor entrance to a domed arena.

Sighing, he got off the van and despite his staff's best efforts to conceal him, the fans had taken notice and immediately went to him, waving their notebooks for autographs.

He smiled at them and followed his manager inside the arena. He was lead to a spacious room with a couch and a huge mirror in it. There, he was made to sit on the stool with a mirror in front of it and his stylists quickly moved into action and began applying cosmetics on him.

Jonghun sat obediently while playing with his phone when it suddenly buzzed and a window containing a meesage appeared.

Good luck today! 

It was from Seunghyun, his best friend from high school.

Yet again, he was reminded of the old times when he was just a small-time actor who played some roles in their school theater. Before his performances there's always a message saying those exact same words. But they're from a completely different person. The person who used to send those messages for him were much more precious to him than anyone.

And stupid of him, he let him go.

"I already briefed you about this but I'll repeat them if you don't mind." His personal assistant looked at him for an affirmative so he nodded his head and she continued. "You'll perform two songs today. After two songs, fan signing will some next okay? Greet them and don't forget to smile and shake their hands."

It was drilled into his mind since he started his career as a celebrity and both him and his PA know that so she walked away now and started talking to other staff while he stared at his phone.

"Okay! Jonghun, you're in in a minute, 'kay?" his manager called so he stood up from his seat and smiled at his stylists who swooned before walking to the entrance to the stage.

"Good luck!" his staff said cheerfully when his cue came.

 

 

Loud cheers welcomed him and he waved at his fans while wearing a false smile on his lips. When the cheers died down, he sat on the stool in front of the piano and began playing the song he used to sing to him.

It wasn't planned but he opted for this song, hoping that that person is watching.

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer

Do you know you're unlike any other?

You'll always be my thunder, and I said,

Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors

I don't wanna ever love another

You'll always be my thunder

So bring on the rain

And bring on the thunder

He sang it softly as if he's in front of his beloved. Sang it as if they're under that cherry blossom tree they used to hang out on. Where he'd always kiss those plush lips after each song and say to himself what a lucky bastard he is for having spend time with someone he truly loves when other people struggle to find their pair.

When he finished, the audience took a minute to clap their hands and shout words of cheers for him. It's the first time he sang this song in front of many people and his fans were mesmerized.

He exited from the stage after the song and his manager was the first to greet him.

"There are tears in your eyes, you know?" she said to him worriedly, knowing the song was special.

He smiled sadly. "I want him to hear it so he can see that I regretted my decision."

His manager smiled back at him, proud. "I'm glad that you can still say that despite the status that you've attained. I'm proud of you and that ex of yours will surely know."

Jonghun smiled genuinely for the first time in that day. "Well, I hope so."

"I'm sure he will. But if he hears the song...?"

"I'll hold his hand," Jonghun began and then firmly declared, "And I'll never let go of him again."

His manager smiled. "Now go get ready. The fan signing will begin momentarily."

 

 

"Thank you for coming," he said to a fan while smiling before shaking her small hands.

"Oh, no problem! I love you so much!" she giggled and shook his hands gratefully before letting it go like she regret it and Jonghun can relate to that feeling. "By the way, I love the song you sang earlier! Is it in the next album?"

Almost all his fans were asking the same question but Jonghun would only shake his head no. "I'm sorry, it was an exceptional song so..."

"Aww, that's too bad! I hope you'll include it so I can listen to it! And good job today!"

He gave one more smile before looking down on the new notebook in front of him for signing.

"Uh, your name?"

"Lee Hongki."

 

 


Hello you guys! It was so much fun writing this that I actually want to make this atleast three chapters! Gyaa, so short! Anyway, leave me a comment below please? I'm dying here and the only cure is your review of the story~ If you want me to continue this, since I'm not sure if peeps would actually read this haha, leave me a comment too! By the way the lyrics above are not mine but from the song Thunder peformed by Boy's Like Girls. It's awesome so listen to it while reading~ Love you guys and see you in my future stories! Bye~