Chapter 01

Fanboy

 

 

With hunched shoulders, she walked quickly, only staring at the ground she was walking on. This was a bad idea. She knew it both from her gut and experience, but despite the nervousness fluttering around her, she felt thrilled. This was what she she wanted. No, scratch that. This was what she needed. Her escape was easy. Too easy that it made her feel anxious and paranoid. 

She felt that anytime now someone would recognize her, and everyone would pounce on her and ask for pictures on an autograph. She had been out and about for 30 minutes. No one had recognized her yet. This was a good sign, but she didn't want to take her chances. She wasn't going to look up until she reached her intended destination. 

 

 

It wasn't a good day for Hyunsoo. In fact, it was one of the worst days of his life. First, he got a failing grade on his math exam and then during lunch, he accidentally spilled coffee on himself. He had to go home and change, but by the time he came back to school, the bell had already rung and he was late to his next class. He got detention. 

It wasn't your regular sitting detention either, no. He, together with his other schoolmates, were tasked to clean one of the classrooms. He took the wiping windows duty, thinking it would be the easiest task, but his sore arm told him he had made a bad choice. That was his karma for being lazy, he guessed. A sigh escaped his lips as he massaged his arms. It was another busy night in Seoul, and countless people were walking around. Some on their way home like him, while some were just strolling around. 

He took out his earphones and plugged it into his phone. If there was one thing that could make him feel better, it was So Nyu Shi Dae. They were his stress relievers. Just listening to their songs would lighten his mood. 

 

 

She had gotten to the less crowded parts of the town, and she was finally able to relax a little and lift her head up a bit. All of a sudden, her stomach grumbled. She pushed her lips together to stop her chuckle. She was so focused on her mission that she actually forgot to have dinner. She heard a small chime and instinctively looked up, a couple had just exited one of the buildings in the area. The aroma that filled her nose as the door opened made water. It was a restaurant. She took a sniff and her stomach grumbled louder. It quickly reminded her that she was practically showing her face to the public. She hung her head lower again and quickly made her way to the restaurant. 

 

 

Hyungsoo groaned out of annoyance. Here he was, expecting a warm meal as soon as he got home, but he had forgotten that tonight was his parent's date night, which means he was left to fend off for himself. At times like this, he wished he had a sibling. He hated eating alone. It made him feel sad and lonely. He pushed up his glasses and went up to change his clothes. Looks like he was eating out tonight. 

 

 

"Gamsahamnida." She bowed down as the food was set in front of her. She wanted to ravish it immediately years of being careful of her actions made her stop.  Her stomach growled again, showing her impatience. 

The ahjumaa laughed, although not unkindly, "Enjoy your meal, dear."

She bowed again as response. As she took her first bite of the meat, she closed her eyes in pure bliss. Its been awhile since she got to eat whatever she wanted. Her career required that she always was in tip top shape.This meant that she had to give up a lot of food, and she had to exercise at least 3 times a week just to keep her figure. It didn't matter how busy her schedule was, or how badly she was craving for something, she almost had no right to say yes. It was especially bad during that time of the month, when she was extra tired and just wanted to eat. She was especially cranky during those days, but she coudnt show it to eveyone, so she would just keep it to herself. 

 

 

"You're here again?" Jungah, Hyunsoo's schoolmate, rolled her eyes. 

"Yah. Be nice to your friend." The ahjumma, who happened to own the restaurant, scolded Jungah.

"He's not my friend." Jungah muttered, a pout forming on her lips.

"Tsk. Why can't you be sweet and accomodating like your mom, huh?"

"Halmeonie!" Jungah whined. She hated being compared to her mom. 

"Arasso, arasso.Go wash the dishes at the back."

Jungah glared at Hyunsoo before she left, like it was fault she was so rude that she got assigned to cleaning duties. 

"You'll have to forgive my grandaughter. It's her time of the month."

Hyunsoo chuckled as he heard Jungah's whine from her grandmother's comment. "It's alright." He didnt want to add that Jungah was like that practically everyday. 

"Someone sat there?" He gestured to the table at the far back. He was surprised to see an empty bowl and little plates. No one usually sat there, since it was near the bathroom, and also the aircon didn't quite reach it, so it was kinda hot there. He had designated it as his sit, because he was the only one who didn't mind these things. 

"I was surprised, too." The Ahjumma said, "It wasn't even crowded, but she chose that spot. Left a big tip, too." 

Hyunsoo nodded, still staring at his spot. He had to give props to whoever this girl was. 

 

 

Now that she was full, her mood instantly became better, and she relaxed even more as the night deepened. She could lift her head a few inches higher with confidence, and now she can actually see where she was going. Her baseball cap still hid the upper part of her face though, and she couldn't deny that it irritated her a bit, but taking it off would only cause attention. She passed by a small group of students who were crowding over students. They were throwing praises here and there over the poster that covered one of those transparent walls in the waiting shed. 

They didn't linger and took off after taking some pictures. She inconspicuously bowed down her head as they passed her way. She only lifted it again when she was standing in the same spot the students were in earlier.She knew it wasn't wise to stand there, especially when she was on a spot where the light was casting down on her, but she couldn't help stare at the girl in the poster. Unknowingly, she had took out her right hand out of her pocket and lightly touched the picture. 

The girl, as the students said, was indeed very pretty. The girl in the poster was smiling brightly as she held up the drink she was currently advertising for. The girl obviously had it all: fame, looks, and fortune. A very lucky girl, indeed but if you looked closely, one could see that her smile was too happy to be real, and that underneath all the make-up was a girl who looked extremely tired. 

She smiled sadly as she looked at this blown up version of her. Life wasn't as perfect for her as everyone thought. 

"Oh my God! It's Taeyeon!"

She froze. Has she been found out? 

=======================================================================================================================

Heeeeyyy! How is it? I'm so thankul for the subbies even though I just like wrote one line. 

I hope I didn't dissapoint you, guys. Anyway, this will be a short story. I'm planning it to be a three-shot and I already have an idea on how to start the next chappie.YEHET! 
Would love to hear from you guys, so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think. 

Maybe you guys could even check out my other stories, while waiting for my next update? (wink,wink)

And I haven't proofread this so pardon my mistakes!