One

Paper

Oh Sehun was demure and pale and pretty. He liked the colour pink.

 

Huang Zitao was tanned and exciting and handsome. He liked the colour blue.

 

Oh Sehun read books about flowers and butterflies and minerals. He had a secret collection of racing car magazines.

 

Huang Zitao read books about adventure and pirates and space. He had a secret collection of fashion magazines.

 

Oh Sehun went to bed early and woke up early. He liked the sun. He said hello to it every morning and goodbye at night,

 

Huang Zitao went to bed late and woke up late. He liked the moon. He said hello to it every night and goodbye every morning.

 

Oh Sehun's father's company merged one day with another.

 

Huang Zitao's father's company merged one day with another.

 

Oh Sehun met another boy at the new company building. He was tanned and exciting and handsome.

 

Huang Zitao met another boy at the new company building. He was demure and pale and pretty.

 

Oh Sehun was pushed around in office chairs and made aeroplanes out of pens and rulers.

 

Huang Zitao pushed him around in office chairs and learnt how to colour inside the lines.

 

Oh Sehun didn't want to go home.

 

Huang Zitao didn't want to go home.

 

 

Oh Sehun had a bench in his garden. He sat there when the weather was good.

 

Huang Zitao had a rope swing in his garden. He sat there when the weather was good.

 

Oh Sehun had Mandarin lessons ever evening in the library. His tutor was a deer.

 

Huang Zitao had Korean lessons every evening in the library. His tutor was a baozi.

 

 

Oh Sehun hated dinner parties. They were full of boring adults and food he didn't like.

 

Huang Zitao hated dinner parties. They were full of boring adults and food he didn't like.

 

Oh Sehun saw someone his age at the dinner party. He remembered him.

 

Haung Zitao saw someone his age at the dinner party. He remembered him.

 

Oh Sehun sat next to Huang Zitao. They had fun.

 

Huang Zitao sat next to Oh Sehun. They had fun.

 

 

Oh Sehun was popular at school. He was demure and pale and pretty after all.

 

Huang Zitao was popular at school. He was tanned and exciting and handsome after all.

 

Oh Sehun got good grades in literature and art and biology.

 

Huang Zitao got good grades in physics and maths and sports.

 

 

Oh Sehun watched a boy with his martial arts.

 

Huang Zitao did martial arts while another boy watched.

 

Oh Sehun was invited onto a rope swing.

 

Huang Zitao was invited to sit on a bench.

 

Oh Sehun watched across the table. The boy opposite him was very handsome.

 

Huang Zitao watched across the table. The boy boy opposite him was very pretty.

 

 

Oh Sehun was bored one night. He bought a dye and went to sleep with pastel pink hair.

 

Huang Zitao was restless one night. He bought a dye and went to sleep with pastel blue hair.

 

Oh Sehun was grounded.

 

Huang Zitao was grounded.

 

 

Oh Sehun met him again at a dinner party. He kissed him under the moonlight. He was handsome.

 

Huang Zitao met him again at a dinner party. He kissed back under the moonlight. He was pretty.

 

Oh Sehun held his hand and refused to let go.

 

Huang Zitao never wanted to let go anyway.

 

 

Oh Sehun went to a prestigious university to take after his father.

 

Huang Zitao went to a prestigious university to take after his father.

 

Oh Sehun shared a dorm with a boy named Huang Zitao. He didn't sleep alone.

 

Huang Zitao shared a dorm with a boy named Oh Sehun. He didn't sleep alone.

 

 

Oh Sehun hated him. He hated his handsome face.

 

Huang Zitao hated him. He hated his pretty face.

 

Oh Sehun met a deer. He was fun for a while. He was never as interesting though.

 

Huang Zitao met a dragon. He was fun for a while. He was never as interesting though.

 

Oh Sehun loved him. He loved his handsome face.

 

Huang Zitao loved him. He loved his pretty face.

 

 

Oh Sehun was happy.

 

Huang Zitao was happy.

 

Oh Sehun had always been pale. He was still so happy.

 

Huang Zitao had never seen him so pale. He was still so happy.

 

 

Oh Sehun wasn't getting any better. He still tried to be happy.

 

Huang Zitao cried for him to get better. He wasn't happy anymore.

 

 

Oh Sehun was like paper. He blew away when Huang Zitao forgot to hold on tight enough.

 

Huang Zitao couldn't wait to join him.