Final

Look at Me

‘Be strong Jin, Don’t cry, start from today, I will find a new love!’ Jin told himself. He ran all the way to the wishing fountain near Han River from his house. He wanted to make a wish there. He was broken hearted since the person he loves, loves someone else. It was a painful truth that Jin had to accept.

“Almost there…” He panted. He almost reached the fountain, but he stopped in his tracks as he heard someone making a wish.

“I wish, he will finally noticed me and I could go with him to the winter festival!” The figure said as he throw a coin to the fountain. Jin saw the sadness on the other face. It seems, that person was broken hearted.

‘It seems, he had broken hearted like me too..’ Jin told himself, not noticing that the other peson already turned around to face him.

“Are you okay?” The man asked in concern tone. He looked a little worried.

“Ah? Me? I’m okay..” Jin said taking aback at the man sudden voice.

“But your tears said otherwise..” He said as he wiped the tears from Jin’s pretty face.

‘Eh?! Since when I’m crying?!’ Jin screamed in his mind. He hadn’t notice that tears was falling down from his eyes.

“Why are you crying?” The man asked softly. His voice sounded really angelic. Somehow it made Jin’s heart feel a little warm.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I overheard your wish.. and I didn’t even know you but, I don’t know why, I feel worried looking at your expression..” Jin changed the subject and tried to smile as much as he can. “But, I’m okay now.”

“May I know why are you crying?” The man asked again. It seems he ignored what Jin had told him.

“Uhh, I’m sorry but, that is something that I can’t tell someone that I don’t even know…” Jin muttered as he turn his gaze to the ground. Suddenly he remembered why he was here at the fountain.

“Ah, you’re right, you shouldn’t talk about private things to a stanger like me right? I’m sorry I shouldn’t into someone problem“ The man bowed at Jin. Jin swear he could see a hint of sadness in the man eyes.

“Ah, that’s not what I mean..”

 

 

They ended up sitting on the bench near the fountain. Drinking hot chocolate. Having a little chat about their one-sided love life.

“Eh? You’re a gay?” The man asked, he tried to sound surprised.

“Yeah I am…” Jin admitted. He faced the ground, scared at the other reaction. But, the other reaction wasn’t as he expected.

“Well, to be honest, I am gay too, so I understand you” The man said as he patted Jin’s shoulder. Jin turned his gaze to the man. He could see him clearly now. The man next too him has a white hair, he probably dyed it. He wore earings on both of his ears. His smile was soft and made jin heart feel really warm. He had a good posture too. Somehow Jin admired the man.

“So, the person you love, love someone else?” The man voice brought Jin back to reality. His voice was deep.

“Yeah…” Jin sighed. He kicked some pebbles near his feet.

“Well, actually, I have the same problem as you” The man laughed bitterly. “I’m in love with someone but he love someone else, so we are in the same situasion now”

‘I was right, his heart is broken because of one-sided love thing like me’ Jin told himself. Without noticing he stared at the man.

“When I saw him, it feels like nothing was around me, only him” The man looked at the sky and smiled sweetly. His tone changed into something sweet to hear in Jin’s ear. “It’s already 6 month since I met him, he changed the color of my world. It was black before I met him, but now, it’s so colorful, mostly pink I guess?”

“I guess that person is lucky to have someone as cool as you, I mean, you’re good looking guy, he must be blind to not noticed you” Jin said in matter-of-factly way. He was right though, the man next to him was really a good looking person.

“Thanks..” The man smiled sweetly.

“Ah, it’s getting dark, I should head home now, my little brother probably searching for me now…” Jin stood up and cleaned his pants. “Thanks for listening to my story, see you next time” He bowed and started to walk home.

“Yeah, see you next time”

 

 

--

 

 

Jin arrived at his house. His heart somehow felt lighter than before. He felt the pain on his chest were gone. He entered his house only to see his little brother was playing video game with his friends.

“Ah, you’re home hyung” The orange haired boy said as he paused the game, earning a whine from his friends.

“Yeah..” Jin said as he climbed the stairs. “Taehyung, if you need something I’ll be on my room”

“Okay hyung…” The younger said as he resumed his match with his friends.

 

Jin walked to his room. In the process he bumped into his cousin Yoongi, who was staying at his house due to his parents work at the other country. He quickly apologize to the younger and entered his room.

It seems the face of the man he met earlier can’t leave his mind. He kept smiling to himself when he thought about the man. It feels like his cheeks were burning as he remembered the man sweet smile.

“Ah, I forgot to make a wish…” Jin sighed as he changed his clothes. He dumped the used one to the laundry basket.

‘I’ll go to the fountain again tomorrow, if I’m lucky, he will be there again right?’

 

--

 

 

Right on cue, the man from yesterday was there again. He was making a wish again. The same wish as yesterday.

“Ah, you’re here again” The man turn around and smiled.

“Yeah, I forgot to make my wish yesterday..” Jin said. He rub the back of his neck to hide his embrassment. “By the way, why are you making the same wish again?”

“If I just wished once, it wouldn’t some true right? So I’m planning to go hear everyday to wish until my wish come true” The man said with confidence. Hearing those words made Jin smiled a little. What a weird reason he had.

‘Weird reason, but he is really confidence with it…’ Jin smiled to himself at the thought. ‘Judging from his looks he must be pretty popular on his school…’

“So what’s your name? I’m Namjoon, Kim Namjoon” The man, Namjoon, turned his gaze to Jin who was still looking at him.

“Kim Seokjin, but I preferred to be called Jin” Jin answered with a smile.

“Nice to meet you Jin” Namjoon smiled at him. That sweet smile from yesterday.

“Nice to meet you too Namjoon” Jin smiled back at the taller man.

 

At the end, Jin forgotten to make a wish that day too. The next day too, and the other day too, so on. That fountain turned into their secret meeting place. The place where they shared their story. Almost about anything. Without noticing anything, both of them grew closer and closer.

Jin always enjoyed Namjoon accompany. He always listen to the taller man stories. And so was Namjoon. He loved the company from Jin and he always listened to his stories. Sometimes Jin would give him advice for getting closer to the person he likes. They enjoyed their moment together.

Without they knowing, one of them started to delevelop feelings toward the other, and the person was Jin. He started to fall for Namjoon. He wanted Namjoon to be his, but he stopped himself. Why? Because Namjoon love someone else. He wanted to be egoist, but he knew, he would only hurt Namjoon. So he kept the feelings to himself.

 

 

Today, they meet again at the fountain. This time, Jin brought something he cooked in the morning. He wanted to make something for Namjoon to cheer him a little.

Today, they decided to choose another spot other than the bench. So they walked to a unused shack near the fountain. they ate the food Jin cooked there.

“Whoa, you’re good at cooking!” Namjoon said. His eyes sprakled in amazement. The food Jin cooked feels really great on his mouth, it was really delicious.

“Really? Thanks, I was trying new recipe” Jin smiled at the taller man. He was thankful the other liked his food.

They spend the whole eating session in silent. Both of them seems busy with their own food. Until Jin broke the silence.

“About the person you like, how is he? I mean, how did he look like?” Jin asked as curiousity took over him. He’d been wondering about it for quite sometimes now.

“He was on the same class as me this year, although he love someone else, but because of it, he looked cute, he also have a pretty face” Namjoon smiled as he imagine the person face. He continued, “The sad thing is, he kept loving someone that never going to love him, he never noticed me, the person that can give him what he wanted the most”

Hearing him made Jin’s heart ached a little. He felt bad for the man next to him. How could there be someone so clueless that never noticed his love.

‘How could there someone like him even exist?! He is too nice for his own good! And the person he loves is seriously blind! How could he never noticed this nice guy!” Jin raged in his mind, feeling annoyed. He took a deep breathe to calm himself.

“You have to tell your feeling to him, I know he will be happy to hear it!” Jin stood up suddenly. He faced the other. “If that person you love was me, I will be really happy!”

“Really? Will he be happy if I tell him that I love him?” Namjoon asked in doubtful tone. He wasn’t sure about it. He stood up.

“Of course! I’m one hundred percent sure!” Jin convinced.

“Do you really think so?” Namjoon leaned closer to the red head.

‘Oh my god, his face is really close?!’ Jin screamed in his mind. He felt the other breathe on his face.

“Yes, what are you doubting? You have to belive in yourself!” Jin tried again.

“Fine, if you say so, I will tell him how I feel” the taller man smiled. He felt a lot confidence now.

‘I’m glad he listened to my advice…’ Jin smiled but somehow it was painful.

 

--

 

Later that night, Jin couldn’t sleep a blink. His started to feel uneasy. His heart ached again. Once again, his love was one-sided again. He regretted not stopping Namjoon that moment. Sometimes Jin wondered, the look of Namjoon’s crush. How good that person is. Making Namjoon crazy for him. His heart ached everytime he thought about it. Can’t he be selfish this time? And stop Namjoon? But he was too late now.

 

“Namjoon, I hope you’re happy” Jin whispered to no one particular. He can’t hold the tears anymore. He cried. He cried that night.

‘Namjoon, I love you…’

 

 

--

 

The next day, Jin tried his best to cover his swollen eyes. He didn’t want to made Namjoon worried about him. He used his fake glasses to hide his swollen eyes. he put on his jacket and his scraft. He started to walk to the fountain.

‘I hope he didn’t noticed….’

 

--

By the time he arrived at the fountain, Namjoon was there already. Sat on the usual bench the usually used. He sat next to him and soon Namjoon turned to him.

“Can you teach me how to confess to someone?” Namjoon said with a smile. His face was full of hope.

“Hm… how to confess to someone..” Jin started to think. He thought the best way to confess to someone. “How about giving him a soft hug? And then you confessed to him” Jin suggested.

“Can I hug you?” The taller man  suddenly asked. Jin was taken aback at this but he managed to calm himself.

“Eh, why?” he asked carfully trying to not sound excited at the idea.

“For practice, if he accepted my love, I wanted to hug him softly” Namjoon answered.

“B-but it’s a little embrassing…” Jin muttered.

“Jin, please?” Namjoon used aegyo to him. Jin couldn’t resist it so he agreed to it.

 

Namjoon hugged him gently. It was really warm. His touch was really gentle and comforting. Jin couldn’t help but feel happy. But the other part of him was sad. This is will be the first and the last hug he will received from his crush.

After awhile, Namjoon loose his grip on Jin. He pulled away after the hug. Jin, on the other hand hold back a whine as the touch gone. He was enjoying it.

“Thanks for helping me” He smiled softly at Jin. Jin just smiled back.

“Your welcome, good luck on your confession!” Jin cheered.

 

--

 

“It’s already late, we should head home…” Jin muttered as he saw the sky started to get dark.

“I’ll walk you home” Namjoon suggested.

“Ah, you don’t have too…”

“I insist!”

“Fine….” Jin gave up and let Namjoon walk him home. Somehow he felt so happy the other cared about his safety.

 

They walked to Jin’s home. In the way the chatted about nonsense things. They joked around and laugh together. Deep down inside Jin’s heart, he wished Namjoon will choose him over his crush. But what he can do?

“Namjoon, thanks for today” Jin said as he turn around to close the fence.

“Your welcome Jin” he smiled.

“Hope we will meet again”

“Yes, we will”

With that, they shared their goodbyes. Jin watched as Namjoon back getting farther and farther.

‘Ish, I won’t let it happen again! I will tell him!’

“Namjoon!” Jin yelled as slam the fence open and chased the tall figure.

“If I didn’t tell him, I will regret it!’ Jin thought as he got closer to Namjoon and finally stop in front of him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked softly.

‘Namjoon is a nice person… I can’t tell him… it will hurt him… beside… he already decided to confess to the person he loves… I can’t be selfish…’ Jin though again.

“Namjoon, good luck with your confession! I just want to say that!” Jin pulled himself together and tried to smile brightly.

“Thank You Jin” Namjoon smiled back.

“I just want to say that, okay then, see you around..” Jin his heels. He ran back to home as fast as he can’t. he didn’t want Namjoon noticed his tears. at least after this, one of them will be happy right?”

 

--

 

Finally Winter break was over and school started again. Everything was normal. But not for Jin’s heart. His heart was broken for second time, but this time he was the one who let it happened. He let go the person he love the most.

He silently walk to his class but accidently bumped into someone.

“Ah, I’m sorry…” He looked to the person he bumped. It was one of his classmate, Hoseok. “Ah, Hoseok…”

“Yo, Jin, why so down? Broken heart again?”

“Shut up….”

He entered his class but froze at the door making Hoseok behind him comfused.

“Why are you froze all of the sudden?” Hoseok said.

‘Wait, Why the hell he is here? In my class?’ Jin thought as he saw familiar figure approached to him.

“Good morning, Jin” The figure greeted. It was Namjoon.

“W-What? W-why? H-how?” Jin couldn’t perform a sentence. He was still shocked.

“I’m you class mate all this time you pabo” Namjoon chuckles. “At first, I thought no one would come to that fountain in the middle of cold winter, but you suddenly shows up andheard my wish, and you even told me that we’re strangers..”Namjoon pouted at the last sentence.

‘Wait, what?! Is this a dream or what?! How can I didn’t noticed his presence… whoa, I’m really bad!’ Jin froze on his own thought. Before he know it, Namjoon already pull him into a hug.

“Jin, I love you, will you accept my love?” He whispered into Jin’s ear softly. “Thanks for listening to my story that day, and thanks for giving me advices it gave me confidence that I never found before, so I will made you fall in love with me!”

“That… you didn’t need to do it, cause I already fall in love with you…” Jin admitted in unaudible voice. But Namjoon could heard him. He hugged him again.

“I love you Jin”

“I love you too Namjoon”

---

what the hell did i just writes.... it's horrible orz

but hope you guys enjoy~

please leave comment and critique~