Best Halloween Ever!

[SHINee] Halloween Special: 호박, 너무 예뻐 (Pumpkin, You’re So Pretty)

Minho sits at the computer not knowing what to do. He looks up Halloween costumes but finds no interest in any. “Ughhh i’m so bored!” He shouts. Minho begins to look up info on him and notices the word "Sagittarius" on his profile. “What is that?” He searches the word and finds out it’s his zodiac sign. “I’m a fire sign as well… like my charisma.” He laughs at himself proudly. “I wonder what Onew hyung’s and Key hyung’s sign is? I should look up all of them! Oh, and Kyuhyun’s and Changmin hyung’s.” Minho smiles to himself and begins typing. 

-3 hours later-

Minho blinks his eyes slowly and yawns. “What time is it?” looking at the clock he sees it’s past 4am. “You know time?” Minho laughs again. “Why am I so funny?” He suddenly winces in pain rubbing his head. “Ehem!” Minho looks to the right seeing Key standing in his doorway giving him a glare sighing deeply “It’s 4am.. go to sleep Minho-ya. Your laugh is annoying.” Key heads back to bed as he removes his face mask and rubs the serum into his skin. Minho opens his email and sends the links to his other email so he can save the info on his phone. He lays in bed and reads info on his sign until 6am as he listens to a radio show just for soccer matches.

The next morning Onew coughs in an exaggerated way as he clumsily zips up his jacket to get something from his car to show Key. “Key-goon, look what I bought for my Halloween costume!” Onew holds up a ripped up brown hat with holes in front of Key’s face. “Ew, why are you holding that in front of my face!?” Onew frowns and hugs the hat. “I like it, and it’s not disgusting!” Key looks through his phone and looks up at Onew. “Stop talking like a 5 year old hyung.. save it for the fans.” Onew makes a face “Key-goon, why are you so upset this morning?” Onew asks in concern. “Minho kept laughing and I couldn’t really sleep.” “I know, I woke up as well. But you were up putting on skin care so it doesn’t really count.” Key’s eyes widen in shock. “Pfffft no I wasn’t!” Key turns the other way and clears his throat awkwardly.

Jonghyun walks up to the dorm and knocks waiting for someone to answer. “Annyeong beautiful~” Onew bats his eyes at Jonghyun. Jonghyun rolls his eyes then plays along. “Where is Minho oppa? I forgot to give him something last night.” “Yah! That’s too much!” Onew closes the door as Jonghyun plops on the couch. “Taemin-ah hasn’t arrived yet?” Jonghyun asks Onew as he looks for a video game to play. “Not yet. Waeyo, you miss him?” Jonghyun laughs “You’re funny.” He tells him sarcastically. Key walks in and sits next to Jonghyun. “Did you get my text?” “Yeah.” Key then walks over to the kitchen and grabs a piece of paper of the fridge door. “Let’s go.” Onew stands up and watches them get their shoes on. “Where are you guys going?” Key slips on his coat and smiles “A date.” “Yah, inma!” Onew deepens his voice trying to sound scary, it never really worked on Key. “We’re going to the Halloween store to pick up our costumes hyung, you wanna come along?” Onew shakes his head “I’ll meet you guys there after Minho-goon wakes up and Taemin-goon arrives.” Both of the boys nod as they open the door only to see Taemin standing in front of the ready to knock on the door. “Oh, it’s like you knew I was waiting outside hyung. Komawoyo!” “Actually, we were leaving to the Halloween store so… bye.” Key tells him with a serious face. Taemin only pouts and turns on the t.v. 

Minho gets up and heads to the kitchen to find Onew and Taemin watching an old drama. “Don’t they show that drama almost every month?” Taemin nods as he closes his eyes to rest. “Now that you’re up Minho-goon, get dressed so we can meet Key-goon and Jonghyun-goon at the Halloween store.” “Ne, hyung.”

Arriving in front of the store Taemin calls Jonghyun and asks where they are. “Arasoyo, we’ll be there soon.” Taemin tells Onew that they’re near the mask section. Walking past a few costumes Minho watches Taemin carefully wondering what costume he would choose.

"Hyung, did you know me and you are the same zodiac sign?" Onew looks at Minho and smiles. "Geurae?" (Really?/Is that so?) “Yeah, and that we are very free spirited.” “Jinjja!? That does sound like me.” Onew smiles walking into another isle to search for his costume. “What does it say about mine hyung?” Minho flinches when Taemin comes close to him in curiosity. “Um, it says that Cancers are emotional.” Taemin pouts. “No i’m not! I don’t believe this one bit.” Taemin walks away sadly. Onew peeks over into the isle at Minho knowing what happened right there. “Let’s let him figure it out on his own.” Onew whispered to Minho as he waved happily at Taemin pouting still. 

Finally meeting up with Key and Jonghyun, the members check out Jonghyun’s Naruto costume. “Daebak! It’s like the actual outfit.” “You think?” Jonghyun laughed. “I want to be Freddy for Halloween.” Onew announced to s.”You told us that as soon as Halloween commercials started to air.” Key replied. “Well what about you? What do you wanna be?” Onew asked him. “You’ll see.” Key smirked. “What are you going to be Minho?” Taemin asked him as he looked at masks. “I don’t know, maybe a soccer player?” Key giggled to himself. “Typical.” Onew then looked at Taemin. “What about you?” Taemin smiled and pulled out a sword. “I want to be a modern Japanese ninja!” Taemin began to swing the sword around and playfully hit Jonghyun with the sword on his chest. “Andwae!” (No! in a very expressive way/You can’t) Minho grabbed the sword out of Taemin’s hand and put it in the back of a bunch of baseball bats. Taemin looked at him weird then searched for a costume in the next aisle.

Coming home from the store Key pulls Minho aside. “Yah, why were you so mean to Taemin in the costume store? You didn’t let him play with the fake knifes or swords and you wouldn’t let him buy a knight and shining armor costume. Why?” Minho grabs Key and takes him to his room and locks the door. “If I tell you this, promise you won’t tell?” Key becomes concerned and nods in agreement. Minho takes a deep breath, “I read that Cancers are known to be the serial killers of the zodiacs.” Key stands there silently for a few seconds. “Okay, i’m leaving.” “Hyung no! Really believe me! Haven’t you seen his behavior lately?” Key gives Minho the “really” look and shakes his head.

At dinner shinee was eating meat and rice with their favorite side dishes since they broke the record for the most points on a music program. Their manager came by and left them the food as a gift. “Why can’t my piece of meat cut easily?” Taemin complains to the members. “Do you want me to cut it for you?” Onew asked the maknae. “Aniyo, i’ll do it myself.” Teamin spent at least more than 2 minutes trying to cut his meat soon becoming frustrated and irritated. “Aishh! stupid meat!” Taemin stabs his meat with the knife and glares at the meal. Minho makes a disgusted face at Taemin’s violent actions. “Here Taemin-ah, you can have my piece of meat.” Taemin looks up innocently and smiles. “Uwah, komawoyo Minho hyung.”

The next day Minho tells Jonghyun about what he read. “Jinjja? What about my sign? What does it say about me?” “It said aries have a temper. And I agree with that one.” Jonghyun glares at Minho. “Yah! What temper!? I don’t have a tem-” Minho steps back looking at Jonghyun with satisfied expression. Jonghyun inhales then exhales. “Okay, maybe I have a small temper but it’s not bad… right?” Minho shrugs and walks to Key’s room. Entering his room he sees Key writing with Taemin. Before he could say anything Key speaks up first. “I already know about my sign, so I don’t wanna hear it Minho-ah.” Minho pouts and walks to his room to take a nap. “Sign? Like zodiac sign hyung?” Key nods and sets his pencil down shaking his wrist stopping it from falling alseep. “Ne, he’s been reading about that stuff ever since the day before we went to the Halloween store.” Taemin nods. “He said my sign was emotional. That’s a big lie! And why won’t this pencil erase!? Ughhh!”  Taemin furiously erases his writing adding more and more weight to the wooden pencil. “Yah yah yah! It’s gonna-” *snap*“Break..” Key then glared at Taemin’s embarrassed face. “Aishhh! This pencil cost $5! And I bought it 4 years ago in a 50% school sale! That’s irreplaceable!” Taemin nervously rubbed the back of his neck. “Try G-market?” He laughed shyly. “You can leave as well, i’m going to bed.”

Onew and Jonghyun were sitting at the table covering it with old newspaper as Key took out their pumpkins and carving tools. “I’m so excited that Halloween is tomorrow! I can’t wait for the party!” Jonghyun told Onew in excitement. “Let’s get our costumes on! I wanna wear mine now!” Almost escaping to his room Onew grabbed Jonghyun by his hood and shook his head. “Carve first, dress later.” Jonghyun sighed and sat in front of his pumpkin. “Minho-goon, Taemin-goon! Get down here and carve your pumpkins!” Onew called out. Minho arrived first and looked for Taemin’s tools. “Hyung where are they? Where did you put them?” Minho asked Onew frantically. “What are you talking about?” Key held a bag up that had pumpkin tools inside. “Last night I thought about what you said and I do believe you…  however, only this one time we will not allow Taemin to use anything sharp, araso?” Minho nodded happily and sat down next to his pumpkin. “What are you guys talking about?” Onew asked in confusion. “Minho thinks Taemin is a serial killer since his sign is known for it.” Minho looked at Key disapprovingly. “But it’s true hyung!” Onew widen his eyes. “Oh, then did you hide the sharp tools?” “Ne hyung.” Onew then smiled and ran to the cabinet and placed 2 spoons and green training chopsticks with monkeys on them next to Taemin’s pumpkin. “Better?” “Much better.” Minho answered.

Taemin slid with his slippery socks to the table and sat by his pumpkin. “Where are the tools?” Taemin looked around his pumpkin. Jonghyun pointed to the spoons and chopsticks giggling. “Ha ha ha very funny, but where is my knife?” Onew handed him a spoon. “No knife, just a spoon.” Taemin furrowed his eyebrows and frowned. “Really?” Minho nodded and began to carve his pumpkin. Key felt apologetic towards Taemin but still cautious.

The next day shinee walked outside to put up their pumpkins before leaving to the party. Their neighborhood kids came by to trick or treat and say hi. “Annyeong kids! Are you getting alot of candy tonight?” Onew asked the 3 boys and 2 girls. “Ne.” Jonghyun smiled at the kids and set his pumpkin down. “Hyung? You’re Freddy?” Onew looked down at his outfit and laughed. “Majayo.”(That’s right) Taemin came out of the house and saw the little kids. “Oh, Taemin oppa! You’re face is really pale!” The little girl said. “I’m a vampire.” He told her. She nodded then looked at Key. “Key oppa, why are you green?” Jonghyun and Onew tried to hold in their laughs as Key cleared his throat. “Kids, i’m Piccolo.” They kids stood silent. “From Dragon Ball.” The kids blinked as one boy tilted his head to the side. “The series?” Key spoke up again. One of the little boys coughed then looked at Jonghyun. “Naruto daebak hyung!” He gave Jonghyun a thumbs up.

Key glared at the kids. “Why are you still here? Are you gonna say trick or treat and get your candy or not?” The girl walked up to Key and grabbed a handful of candy. “Don’t be upset oppa.. I like your costume. It’s.. unique.” Key smiles at the little girl. “Aw komawo, you have such a way with words. Enjoy your Halloween!” He sarcastically said with a smile. The little kids looked at all the pumpkins and started to laugh. “Bwoyah!? Ahahaha!” The oldest boy laughed hysterically. “Yah! What’s wrong with my pumpkin?!” Taemin exclaimed. “It’s no pumpkin!” The other boy laughed. “Why does it have a crooked face?” The little girl questioned. “He’s not allowed to use sharp things today, that’s all.” Onew told the youngsters.”Uwah, what a treat! Annyeong shinee!” They all said walking away to another house. “Annyeong kids, Happy Halloween.” Jonghyun yelled to them. “To bad Minho can’t be here, he would have laughed so hard at all this.” Onew said to the members. “Yeah, he would have liked seeing Taemin carve that pumpkin for 4 hours if he hadn’t left early for schedule! Hahaha!” Key bent over laughing. Taemin glared at all of them “This will not happen next year..”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I laughed so much when I wrote this! I was in tears hahahaha (another all time favorite!) I hope this made you laugh as well /◕ヮ◕)/ Thanks for reading this special one shot!